Hey Lance

Monday, stage to Bagnères-de-Luchon.
Col de Portet-d' Aspet is place where Fabio Casartelli, Armstrong's team mate at the time, crashed and died.
In 2005 Hincapie won the stage (15) which had the climb over the Aspet (not in the most fair manner, but who remembers). Discovery team honored the stage by wearing bands on their arms.
I think this stage is good opportunity for Armstrong.

If he is allowed to go in a break, if he has enough help in the break to stay away.I think the peloton would let him go since he is not a threat.
He would still need to beat whoever remains in the break. Of course winning a stage after 7 victories is like kissing your own sister.Even worse Roadhouse's sister.:D

jhuskey said:
If he is allowed to go in a break, if he has enough help in the break to stay away.I think the peloton would let him go since he is not a threat.
He would still need to beat whoever remains in the break. Of course winning a stage after 7 victories is like kissing your own sister.Even worse Roadhouse's sister.:D
Fight for stage victory is what is left to him right now. He said he'll try and I think he'll want to say good by honorably.
It's going to be interesting to see composition of break he'll go with... There won't be gifts, that's certain.

jhuskey said:

my sister is fat.

Andrija said:
Monday, stage to Bagnères-de-Luchon.
Col de Portet-d' Aspet is place where Fabio Casartelli, Armstrong's team mate at the time, crashed and died.
In 2005 Hincapie won the stage (15) which had the climb over the Aspet (not in the most fair manner, but who remembers). Discovery team honored the stage by wearing bands on their arms.
I think this stage is good opportunity for Armstrong.

i remember hincapie winning that stage but it was supposedly the hardest of the pyrenees, not an easy climb like you say.

Hincapie wins hardest stage of Tour in Pyrenees - Olympics - ESPN

roadhouse said:
i remember hincapie winning that stage but it was supposedly the hardest of the pyrenees, not an easy climb like you say.

Hincapie wins hardest stage of Tour in Pyrenees - Olympics - ESPN
Yes, that stage was hardest.
The stage on Monday is far from any of the Pyrenees stages this year.
The Aspet climb isn't easy from its steep side, but this year they'll go over it from easier side.

You don't have to lie about 2005 Tour. You didn't even know what Tour de France is back then.
You're just in love with Lance since last year.

If Lance wins a stage this year I think it will be a good gauge of his current status within cycling, which may also be a gauge of what sort of support he will have in the ongoing investigations. I personally think he has a good chance of getting in a break that is allowed to get away. I could see Garmin chasing... I also could see Cadel sitting on his wheel then trying to take the stage a la Brunyeel.

EoinC said:
That's not called remembering - It's called Googling.

like is said, i don't care anything of professional cycling outside of Lance. whooptie do dah!!! have at it and mind you ALL, on your best day added together multiplied by 100, you can not take me.

phuck all of you. :)

roadhouse said:
like is said, i don't care anything of professional cycling outside of Lance.

Are you serious?!?!?

If true, this tour will be a sour one from you, since LA will NOT win a stage this year :eek:

knonfs said:
Are you serious?!?!?

If true, this tour will be a sour one from you, since LA will NOT win a stage this year :eek:

okay, i'm tired of this sh!t, any of you sorry little weekend warriors wanna talk, do it to my face, meet me in Austin for this preppy little girl scout training ride in which i will utterly show my distaste for anything and all things triathlete by stomping Slowtwitch's very own jackmott into an entirely new aero position meaning his head shoved all the way up in his ass, in and around that spectacle as well as in 360 degrees of fully departed neck rotation of head up the buminisms or shut up with your taunts already.

phuck off, i don't care about cycling outside of The Mighty Mighty Lance Armstrong, i don't think i ever will either and i want him to win a stage so phuck off.

drink.drank.drunk. .:)

Preston.

roadhouse said:
okay, i'm tired of this sh!t, any of you sorry little weekend warriors wanna talk, do it to my face, meet me in Austin for this preppy little girl scout training ride in which i will utterly show my distaste for anything and all things triathlete by stomping Slowtwitch's very own jackmott into an entirely new aero position meaning his head shoved all the way up in his ass, in and around that spectacle as well as in 360 degrees of fully departed neck rotation of head up the buminisms or shut up with your taunts already.

phuck off, i don't care about cycling outside of The Mighty Mighty Lance Armstrong, i don't think i ever will either and i want him to win a stage so phuck off.

Preston.

looks like you got into cycling for all the right reasons then. good for you.

LOL, I'm glad to see nothing has changed for roadhouse.

Still locked inside that white little room with padded walls, except now his 'bestest' friend in the whole wide world is abandoning him... :eek: :D

How sad.

So the idolizers think that somehow or other LA can storm to a stage victory and that all will then be right in the world . . . Please listen to yourselves, Father Christmas still coming down your chimneys?

He has nothing in his legs to beat any of the GC contenders in the Pyrenees. Nothing. Within the Shack, Levi, Chris and Kloden could all leave him for dust and they're not exactly youth's great hope either.

As far as the peloton gifting him a stage by letting him go in a break, can't see it unless there is some serious bribery going on. The Astana team were stripped bare by Bruyneel and LA last year, they are not going to let him ride into the sunset for old times sake. Not to mention his little mind games with AC. If he is allowed a shot at "glory" it will say much more about the forgiving nature of the peloton than it will say about the legs of LA. Saxo Bank and Astana would need to stop for a lunch break so as not to embarrass him..

Denia said:
So the idolizers think that somehow or other LA can storm to a stage victory and that all will then be right in the world . . . Please listen to yourselves, Father Christmas still coming down your chimneys?

Why yes we do. He is so great that he could be in last place then suddenly in a storm of fury while smoking a cigar wearing a dress and tennis shoes, pass all the others to finish in first...and that's his plan for the final 3 stages, just wait and see. He'll be on the podium laughing like a little school girl, hence the dress, and puffin on that cigar just to make the French look foolish!

roadhouse said:

Preston.

I'd almost be tempted to pack the bike in the case and board a flight to the USA, just to whip you Yanks out on the road:D:D

Denia said:

He has nothing in his legs to beat any of the GC contenders in the Pyrenees. Nothing. Within the Shack, Levi, Chris and Kloden could all leave him for dust and they're not exactly youth's great hope either.

As far as the peloton gifting him a stage by letting him go in a break, can't see it unless there is some serious bribery going on. The Astana team were stripped bare by Bruyneel and LA last year, they are not going to let him ride into the sunset for old times sake. Not to mention his little mind games with AC. If he is allowed a shot at "glory" it will say much more about the forgiving nature of the peloton than it will say about the legs of LA. Saxo Bank and Astana would need to stop for a lunch break so as not to embarrass him..

:D:D:D:D:D