Hey Mikey Jones

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronde Champ, Jan 30, 2003.

  1. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    So I was reading your diary today and read this:

    >Some guy on todays ride said this:

    >"yeah, i am going back to NY in a couple of years for my 15 year reunion,
    but i dont really want to go until i turn pro, so i >can say like 'whats up now' to everyone"

    I assume that this dude was talking about his high school reunion. So, if you graduate high school
    at age 18*, plus the 15 years, minus the "couple of years", I peg this guy around 30. And he still
    has dreams of being "pro". How fucking funny.

    Can you email me and let me know who this guy is?

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

    *although he is a bike rider so maybe it took him a few years more

    Tags:

  2. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > So I was reading your diary today and read this:
    >
    > years", I peg this guy around 30. And he still has dreams of being "pro". How fucking funny.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

    what the hell else is he going to do. get a great job at Enron, qwest? maybe in the market trading
    at canter fitzgerald? united airlines employee? high tech computer job in Denver? there aren't many
    other good options out there right now believe it or not. so the riding a bike everyday finishing in
    the pack sounds like a fun way to live to me.

  3. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > So I was reading your diary today and read this:
    > >
    > > years", I peg this guy around 30. And he still has dreams of being
    "pro".
    > > How fucking funny.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Champ
    > >

    > what the hell else is he going to do. get a great job at Enron, qwest?
    maybe
    > in the market trading at canter fitzgerald? united airlines employee? high tech computer job in
    > Denver? there aren't many other good options out there right now believe it or
    not.
    > so the riding a bike everyday finishing in the pack sounds like a fun way
    > live to me.

    Most D3 pros don't earn enough (if they earn anything) to make a living.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

  4. >Subject: Hey Mikey Jones From: "ronde champ" [email protected]

    >I assume that this dude was talking about his high school reunion. So, if you graduate high school
    >at age 18*, plus the 15 years, minus the "couple of years", I peg this guy around 30. And he still
    >has dreams of being "pro". How fucking funny.

    >Can you email me and let me know who this guy is?

    Adar Meyerson?

    -----Sharon Peters Personal Trainer to the Stars-------- Remove "No Junk" to reply please!!!

  5. Mike Jones

    Mike Jones Guest

    >Subject: Hey Mikey Jones From: "ronde champ" [email protected] Date: 1/30/2003 7:18 AM Mountain
    >Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >
    >So I was reading your diary today and read this:
    >
    >>Some guy on todays ride said this:
    >
    >>"yeah, i am going back to NY in a couple of years for my 15 year reunion,
    >but i dont really want to go until i turn pro, so i >can say like 'whats up now' to everyone"
    >
    >I assume that this dude was talking about his high school reunion. So, if you graduate high school
    >at age 18*, plus the 15 years, minus the "couple of years", I peg this guy around 30. And he still
    >has dreams of being "pro". How fucking funny.
    >
    >Can you email me and let me know who this guy is?
    >
    >Thanks, Ronde Champ
    >
    >*although he is a bike rider so maybe it took him a few years more

    Holy shit. I just saw the title of this thread and thought my Dad posted to RBR. He is the only one
    that calls me Mikey.

    I dont know his name, sorry. We got talking about NY Because I have a "i love NY" bumper sticker on
    my top tube, right next to my name painted in cursive.

    Mike Jones

    Mike Jones

  6. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    "Mike Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >> I dont know his name, sorry. We got talking about NY Because I have a "i
    love
    > NY" bumper sticker on my top tube, right next to my name painted in
    cursive.

    That is so pro.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

  7. ronde champ wrote:

    > I assume that this dude was talking about his high school reunion. So, if you graduate high school
    > at age 18*, plus the 15 years, minus the "couple of years", I peg this guy around 30. And he still
    > has dreams of being "pro". How fucking funny.

    Who were those two East European guys who turned pro back in the mid-90s when they were 32/33? They
    lasted about one year as domestiques as I recall. STF

  8. On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:29:47 +1300, Stewart Fleming wrote:
    >Who were those two East European guys who turned pro back in the mid-90s when they were 32/33? They
    >lasted about one year as domestiques as I recall.

    You're not thinking of http://www.zenonjaskula.com.pl/ are you?

  9. No, not him. Nor Piotr Ugromov neither. Damn this is annoying me now. They were either Latvians or
    Russians and at the time I figured they got the job cos they wouldnt say no to taking whatever
    substances the DS asked them to take... STF

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:29:47 +1300, Stewart Fleming wrote:
    >
    >>Who were those two East European guys who turned pro back in the mid-90s when they were 32/33?
    >>They lasted about one year as domestiques as I recall.
    >

    > You're not thinking of http://www.zenonjaskula.com.pl/ are you?

  10. Monkeyhillcs

    Monkeyhillcs Guest

    << I dont know his name, sorry. We got talking about NY Because I have a "i love NY" bumper sticker
    on my top tube, right next to my name painted in cursive.

    that sounds like the MO of that stuttering fool from NY that posts here from time to time. he sells
    Stuttering Joes coffee (the real stuff online, not the coffee the pro team sells)