Hey UK AMB-ers

gabrielle

Guest
Are you guys still around? Andy, spademan, the strange & nefarious Huw?
I know Rimmer's probably still laid up.

gabrielle

gabrielle wrote:
> Are you guys still around? Andy, spademan, the strange & nefarious
> Huw?

> I know Rimmer's probably still laid up.

In a straightjacket, no doubt! <eg>

J/K Shaunnie, ya nutty git!

BS (well, sorta)

On 2006-06-14, gabrielle <[email protected]> wrote:
> Are you guys still around? Andy, spademan, the strange & nefarious Huw?
> I know Rimmer's probably still laid up.
>
> gabrielle

They might be holed up somewhere waiting for the 1" hailstones
to stop. For once I'm not wishing I was on the bike rather than in the
car!
--
Tim.

[email protected]

On 14 Jun 2006 08:22:11 GMT, Tim Izod wrote:

> They might be holed up somewhere waiting for the 1" hailstones
> to stop. For once I'm not wishing I was on the bike rather than in the
> car!

There is this *minor* sporting event going on now, too...

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

BB wrote:
> On 14 Jun 2006 08:22:11 GMT, Tim Izod wrote:
>
> > They might be holed up somewhere waiting for the 1" hailstones
> > to stop. For once I'm not wishing I was on the bike rather than in the
> > car!

> There is this *minor* sporting event going on now, too...

What sport is that, "Hooliganism"?

JD

On 2006-06-14, BB <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 14 Jun 2006 08:22:11 GMT, Tim Izod wrote:
>
>> They might be holed up somewhere waiting for the 1" hailstones
>> to stop. For once I'm not wishing I was on the bike rather than in the
>> car!

> There is this *minor* sporting event going on now, too...

What would that be? Oh, the football thingy. I'm not too
bothered by that:)
--
Tim.

[email protected]

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:08:42 +0000, BB wrote:

> There is this *minor* sporting event going on now, too...

Oh yeah! Some little soccer tourney or something, right?

*duck*

Seriously, I haven't noticed any of them around in a bit.

gabrielle

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:52:28 -0700, gabrielle wrote:

> Are you guys still around? Andy, spademan, the strange & nefarious Huw?
> I know Rimmer's probably still laid up.

Do I count now that I'm back in London? I still glance over stuff every
now and again, but don't have as much time to post as I used to.

As for the others, went riding with Andy a year or so ago. Occasionally
bump in to Spademan on singletrackworld.com and did a fantastic ride in
Wales with him last year. Haven't heard from Huw for yonks. As for Shaun,
we used to mail each other now and again, but again, haven't heard from
him in ages. Might mail him tomorrow to see how he is.

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:39:08 +0100, bomba wrote:

> Do I count now that I'm back in London? I still glance over stuff every
> now and again, but don't have as much time to post as I used to.

Of course you count! :)

Just putting out some feelers to see who's still around - I'm in the
planning stages of a trip to Wales for next year. I'm trying to decide
if I want to head over there in the summer for some decent weather,
or if I want to be batshit insane & hit the Real Ale Wobble in
November.

gabrielle

gabrielle wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:39:08 +0100, bomba wrote:
>
>> Do I count now that I'm back in London? I still glance over stuff every
>> now and again, but don't have as much time to post as I used to.

> Of course you count! :)
>
> Just putting out some feelers to see who's still around - I'm in the
> planning stages of a trip to Wales for next year. I'm trying to decide
> if I want to head over there in the summer for some decent weather,
> or if I want to be batshit insane & hit the Real Ale Wobble in
> November.
>
> gabrielle

Aw what a shame. You've just missed our annual bout of good weather for this year.
Look at the satellite weather pics to see what I mean.

bomba wrote:

> ...here are some pics of a ride my mate Ben and I
> did in Wales last November:

> http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0053.JPG
> http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0054.JPG
> http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0055.JPG
> http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0057.JPG
> http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0058.JPG
> http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0059.JPG

Wow. Almost as brown as LoSoCal! Isn't everything /green/ over there?

Nice pics, though -- looked like a fun ride... Bill

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:53:22 +0100, bomba wrote:

> You might get lucky, here are some pics of a ride my mate Ben and I did in
> Wales last November:

nice photos! Those switchbacks look gnarly.

> Give us a shout if you need a guide.

Definitely.

gab

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:19:49 +0100, dardruba wrote:

> Aw what a shame. You've just missed our annual bout of good weather for
> this year. Look at the satellite weather pics to see what I mean.

You guys get what, like 3.4 days, right? ;)

gab

gabrielle wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:39:08 +0100, bomba wrote:
>
> > Do I count now that I'm back in London? I still glance over stuff every
> > now and again, but don't have as much time to post as I used to.

Ello Bomba hows the riding darn sarf treating you? I'd meet up again
for a ride but I'll have to do some serious training beforehand!

> Just putting out some feelers to see who's still around - I'm in the
> planning stages of a trip to Wales for next year. I'm trying to decide
> if I want to head over there in the summer for some decent weather,
> or if I want to be batshit insane & hit the Real Ale Wobble in
> November.
>
> gabrielle

You've made one massive assumption there, but in theory yes we get less
rainy days in 'Summer' than November. You can get some cracking days in
November too though and we don't actually have an off season. Just
switch your tyres for some that clear better in mud (usually ones with
more spaced knobbly bits).
Steve.

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:31:53 -0700, gabrielle wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:39:08 +0100, bomba wrote:
>
>> Do I count now that I'm back in London? I still glance over stuff every
>> now and again, but don't have as much time to post as I used to.

> Of course you count! :)
>
> Just putting out some feelers to see who's still around - I'm in the
> planning stages of a trip to Wales for next year. I'm trying to decide
> if I want to head over there in the summer for some decent weather,
> or if I want to be batshit insane & hit the Real Ale Wobble in
> November.

You might get lucky, here are some pics of a ride my mate Ben and I did
in Wales last November:
http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0053.JPG
http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0054.JPG
http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0055.JPG
http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0057.JPG
http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0058.JPG
http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0059.JPG

Actually was back there the weekend just gone - fantastic riding and
awesome weather.

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:51:43 -0700, spademan o---[) * wrote:

> gabrielle wrote:

>> Just putting out some feelers to see who's still around - I'm in the
>> planning stages of a trip to Wales for next year. I'm trying to decide
>> if I want to head over there in the summer for some decent weather, or
>> if I want to be batshit insane & hit the Real Ale Wobble in November.
>>
>> gabrielle

> You've made one massive assumption there,

About being batshit insane? ;)

but in theory yes we get less
> rainy days in 'Summer' than November. You can get some cracking days in
> November too though and we don't actually have an off season. Just switch
> your tyres for some that clear better in mud (usually ones with more
> spaced knobbly bits).

It was that one RR of Andy's where he went on at length about extracting
himself from a hub-deep bog. Or maybe he was talking about watching Huw
extract himself. Made quite an impression on me. (Why exactly is Summer
in quotes up there, eh!) I really like the idea of combining riding +
beer + mud.

gab

On 2006-06-21, gabrielle <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:51:43 -0700, spademan o---[) * wrote:

[snip]
> but in theory yes we get less
>> rainy days in 'Summer' than November. You can get some cracking days in
>> November too though and we don't actually have an off season. Just switch
>> your tyres for some that clear better in mud (usually ones with more
>> spaced knobbly bits).

> It was that one RR of Andy's where he went on at length about extracting
> himself from a hub-deep bog. Or maybe he was talking about watching Huw
> extract himself. Made quite an impression on me. (Why exactly is Summer
> in quotes up there, eh!) I really like the idea of combining riding +
> beer + mud.
>
> gab

Hub deep mud year round on the disused railway just above the
arrow at
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=birdingbury&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1

It's deceptive- you don't really sink more than three inches
until you run out of momentum and are right in the middle of the boggy
stuff. All part of the fun:)
--
Tim.

[email protected]

"gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> Are you guys still around? Andy, spademan, the strange & nefarious Huw?
> I know Rimmer's probably still laid up.
>
> gabrielle

I'm around but not riding. Don't get to a.m-b often these days! ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:52:28 -0700, gabrielle wrote:
>
>> Are you guys still around? Andy, spademan, the strange & nefarious Huw?
>> I know Rimmer's probably still laid up.

> Do I count now that I'm back in London? I still glance over stuff every
> now and again, but don't have as much time to post as I used to.
>
> As for the others, went riding with Andy a year or so ago. Occasionally
> bump in to Spademan on singletrackworld.com and did a fantastic ride in
> Wales with him last year. Haven't heard from Huw for yonks. As for Shaun,
> we used to mail each other now and again, but again, haven't heard from
> him in ages. Might mail him tomorrow to see how he is.

Ya shoulda done it mate!

I'm not doing bad actually - still not able to do proper rides though. Just
found out I have a job again now TF! Start around 17th Jul, working with
Kath, for the DWP... heheheheh...

CHEERS!

Shaun aRe