Hey where's TimC?

Tamyka Bell

Guest
Dude, dude, my code, it worked! OMG and it's a Friday... I can spend my
weekend cycling and stuff instead!

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:
Dude, dude, my code, it worked! OMG and it's a Friday... I can spend my
weekend cycling and stuff instead!

Tam

just what do you do with this 'code' ?

Tamyka Bell said:
Dude, dude, my code, it worked! OMG and it's a Friday... I can spend my
weekend cycling and stuff instead!

Tam
wow! Wish I could get some of this code stuff and spend the weekend cycling!:D

Ali

alison_b wrote:

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> > Dude, dude, my code, it worked! OMG and it's a Friday... I can spend my
> > weekend cycling and stuff instead!
> >
> > Tam

> wow! Wish I could get some of this code stuff and spend the weekend
> cycling!:D
>
> Ali
>
> --
> alison_b

Oh, you'd be much better off spending your weekend cycling WITHOUT the
code stuff, trust me.

Tam

No seriously, trust me.

On 2005-06-03, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> Dude, dude, my code, it worked! OMG and it's a Friday... I can spend my
> weekend cycling and stuff instead!

Heh. Defacto supervisor (main supervisor has gone and alienated his
whole group. Way to go.) has asked for a draft of the 4 page letter
by Wednesday. Damn, you can't fit nearly enough figures in 4 pages.
At least I get to skimp on the methodology, most of which I don't
understand :)

There are running jobs. Why don't you go chase them?

Tamyka Bell said:
alison_b wrote:

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> > Dude, dude, my code, it worked! OMG and it's a Friday... I can spend my
> > weekend cycling and stuff instead!
> >
> > Tam

> wow! Wish I could get some of this code stuff and spend the weekend
> cycling!:D
>
> Ali
>
> --
> alison_b

Oh, you'd be much better off spending your weekend cycling WITHOUT the
code stuff, trust me.

Tam

No seriously, trust me.
so it's not a prerequisite then? ;)

*sighs* unfortunately end of semester, new semester looming, much of the weekend will be 'work'.

Hopefully an early morning jaunt though :)

ali

On 2005-06-03, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> TimC wrote:
>> Instead, I just have to spend two days finding out exactly which
>> damned paramaters I provided to my über script.

> Isn't that why you write up as you go?

Boot to the head!

I have a cartoon for you, but alas some ******* has taken it off the
cubical wall, so I can't google for the speech bubbles.

HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE: This Product Contains Minute Electrically
Charged Particles Moving at Velocities in Excess of Five Hundred
Million Miles Per Hour. --unknown

On 2005-06-03, alison_b (aka Bruce)

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
>> No seriously, trust me.

> so it's not a prerequisite then? ;)
>
> *sighs* unfortunately end of semester, new semester looming, much of
> the weekend will be 'work'.

Does this mean I've got to mark projects or something?

Gah! I really didn't budget for this in my time allocation for the
next month.

God, I hope the students just forget to mail me with their projects.
Maybe I should just... tweak... this here spam filter...

Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 18:36:15 +1000, Resound wrote:

> Isn't that the cue for claiming that really good code doesn't need to be
> commented, the whole thing should just be self-evident?

Actually _really_good_ code is a work of art, and *shouldn't* be commented ;)

Besides, how often do you see:

i++; /* increment counter */

> it was with qbasic. Please don't hate me.

meh, better than VB... didn't that get out of hand.

-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: [email protected])

On 2005-06-03, alison_b (aka Bruce)

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
>> No seriously, trust me.

> so it's not a prerequisite then? ;)
>
> *sighs* unfortunately end of semester, new semester looming, much of
> the weekend will be 'work'.

Does this mean I've got to mark projects or something?

Gah! I really didn't budget for this in my time allocation for the
next month.

God, I hope the students just forget to mail me with their projects.
Maybe I should just... tweak... this here spam filter...

Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.
*nods sadly* I never budget time for it... that would be like purposefully seeking hills to climb :)

ali

On 2005-06-03, TimC (aka Bruce)
> On 2005-06-03, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
>> TimC wrote:
>>> Instead, I just have to spend two days finding out exactly which
>>> damned paramaters I provided to my über script.

>> Isn't that why you write up as you go?

> Boot to the head!
>
> I have a cartoon for you, but alas some ******* has taken it off the
> cubical wall, so I can't google for the speech bubbles.

But, it came from here somewhere - I'm guessing about 5 months ago, if
you want to look through every one :)
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/comics.php

The triangle wheel was an improvement upon the square wheel:
It eliminates one bump. -- unknown

On 2005-06-04, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> This message is in MIME format. The first part should be readable text,
> while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
>
> --0-1587777894-1117851047=:51896
>
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, TimC wrote:
>> But, it came from here somewhere - I'm guessing about 5 months ago, if
>> you want to look through every one :)
>> http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/comics.php

> Tim! You insult my intelligence!
>
> What self-respecting (or otherwise) PhD student has NOT read every PhD=20
> Comic?

Me! :(

Only going through the backissues now :(

Television: A medium. So called because it is neither rare nor well done.
--Ernie Kovacs