Hi all my first posting.

wyl e coyote

Jan 10, 2008
An enquiry really. Since the demise of my beloved Coyote FR2 carbon swingarm, i picked up at a bargain price, a Trek VRX200 frame. Waiting for new main pivot bush, otherwise all seems well. What i want to know is, what is supposed to be different when changing the shock mount between the 3 settings. the travel stays the same, the angles the same. The only thing i think it changes is the proggression in the spring rate. I think it ramps up realier in the xc setting and is softer through its stroke in the dh setting. Most people seem to believe it changes the amount of travel at the back wheel. Just remove the coil and replace the shock and measure the difference between fully out and fully compressed. The other thing was the Fox Vanilla shock had a plasic spacer behind the bottom out bumper, this reduced the shock stroke from 38mm to about 31mm. I removed it and now have about 115mm travel compared to the 90mm or so. Not ridden it yet, but looking forward to it.

Just make sure that the travel you have in the back doesn't exceed what you have in teh front or your bike will feel unbalanced.

No probs it rides great, only half inch difference. Took it out today for its first proper ride. Brill, and the problem of a bobbing back end i read about was unfounded. Be smooth on the pedals and its fine.

wyl e coyote said:
No probs it rides great, only half inch difference. Took it out today for its first proper ride. Brill, and the problem of a bobbing back end i read about was unfounded. Be smooth on the pedals and its fine.
Welcome.. Show me some pics.. hehe