Hi all

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by newride, Mar 14, 2005.

1. newride

newride New Member

Just wanted to say hi. Found this site when looking for some info on a bike I am thinking of buying. So far this site seems very informative and I look forward to learning more about the sport.
    So....This will be a very vague question (not the best intro post I realize!). I was in a snowboard shop last week looking for a new ride and there was this awesome cannondale sitting there. I asked the guy helping me what the deal was (with 5' of snow on the ground there can't be to much riding). He said it was a friend's and he was selling it for $600. His friend got it from a prodeal (retail something like 3k) and rode it for a year and wanted to get rid of it. Well I call today and his friend sold it on ebay for $900. Good for him, bad for me. The guy that helped me said he may be selling his bike though. It's a Kona (don't know the make). Reynolds handmade steel frame, everything else on the bike he said was hand picked top of the line stuff. He used to race for Reynolds (or Kona I forget). I know without details this is probably really stupid, but would this be a good deal for $600?
    Sorry for the lack of detail. Just wanted to see if I should look into it further.
    Thanks

Tags:

2. Super Otaku

Super Otaku New Member

What type of bike is it by the looks of the frame? What parts does it have?

3. newride

newride New Member

Bike was sold before I could pick it up. Thanks for asking