Hi everyone,i'm new here...

Banatean

Jul 26, 2003
How's it going ?,3 days ago we bought 2 bikes;a Trek 4900 and a Specialized Hardrock Cr Mo (my GF's).We really love our bikes.I do have a concern about security,what do you guys use to keep your bikes "yours".I do have 2 Schwinn "U" locks and 2 cable type locks;do you guys think i'm ok ?...i would really like to have the New York Kryptonite locks but at $ 135.00 Canadian it'a lot .
Thank you guys.
:)

Originally posted by Banatean
How's it going ?,3 days ago we bought 2 bikes;a Trek 4900 and a Specialized Hardrock Cr Mo (my GF's).We really love our bikes.I do have a concern about security,what do you guys use to keep your bikes "yours".I do have 2 Schwinn "U" locks and 2 cable type locks;do you guys think i'm ok ?...i would really like to have the New York Kryptonite locks but at $ 135.00 Canadian it'a lot .
Thank you guys.
:)
Wow,9 people looked at my posting and no one said a word.....:mad: that's ok :p .

Not something I know about really. I have a cheap lock (£20 GBP) and have never had it tinkered with, but at the end of the day if someone wants your bike, they'll have it.
B

Thank you for reading and "posting".Actually yesterday i went all out and bought 2 New York Kryptonite "U" locks,now i fell much safer.
One other thing...when you guys oil your bike's chain and other stuff ,do you use special bike oil or just any synthetic will do,you see i always have some Mobil 1 synthetic that i use in my BMW,will that harm anything ?,what do you usualy use ?
Thank you

Not sure about oil. I always leave that stuff to my LBS (local bike shop).

As for locks, I just have a standard cable lock, but I never leave my bike somewhere, where it has a remote chance of being stolen.

One other thing...when you guys oil your bike's chain and other stuff ,do you use special bike oil or just any synthetic will do,you see i always have some Mobil 1 synthetic that i use in my BMW,will that harm anything ?,what do you usualy use ?
Thank you

Mobil 1 will be better than nothing, - but I prefer using "proper" cycle lube such as the Finish Line range. They give excellent lube and protection (also degreaser for cleaning). The range will cover just about all types of riding. I ride on dusty tracks and use Krytech wax lube.

Originally posted by pauls
Mobil 1 will be better than nothing, - but I prefer using "proper" cycle lube such as the Finish Line range. They give excellent lube and protection (also degreaser for cleaning). The range will cover just about all types of riding. I ride on dusty tracks and use Krytech wax lube.

I never let my bikes out of my sight - that's how I protect them. If I'm at work - they come to work with me. They sit in the corner and don't bother anyone :)

and yes, go for bike lube - there are TONS! Finish line, white lightining, pedros etc etc etc.

Thank you for reading and "posting".Actually yesterday i went all out and bought 2 New York Kryptonite "U" locks,now i fell much safer.
Thank you

Banatean -I wouldn't use the Mobil if I were you. Finishline products or Pedros products are specifically made and high quality.
Don't leave your bike(s) anywhere without a lock, if you can take them into the office (or wherever) then take them in, no matter what. One example was when I was back in England I went to the HMV shop in Derby, and they let me bring the bike into the shop while chose a cd, nice Peeps at HMV. However, Bike theft is huge in the UK and (no doubt) worldwide. I NEVER leave my bike unattended EVER. It cost too much.
Hope this helps.
Have fun and enjoy riding the trails,
Marty.

Thank you all for the replys.Learned a lot from this forum...so i put all this info to work for me ,went out bought a New York Kryptonite lock and a full lube kit made for "bicycles" by Finish Line.
Again great croud here,thanks again.