Hi everyone New here...

Joseph Ball

Guest
hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!

Joe "Dex" Ball

"Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> had this to say
news:[email protected]

> hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
> for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be
> helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!
>
> Joe "Dex" Ball

Greetings and welcome to our little hole in the wall. And don't forget to check out the F.A.Q.

"Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
> for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be
> helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!

Joe, if you can be more specific, like what state you live in.

as far as trails in my area, I can tell you were to go in Louisiana, and southern Mississippi, for
some nice trails.

"Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
> for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be
> helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!
>
> Joe "Dex" Ball

Hi Joe. If you can be more specific about your location, I may be able to make some better
suggestions. But look up Oak Mountain, in Birmingham (bump.org). Mobile has 2 good trails. In
Florida, there's good trails in Pensacola (porc.org), Tallahassee, Ocala (omba.org), Tampa
(swampclub.org). Mississippi may have one or two trails...also check www.geocities.com/grubby2day/
SE MTB links and basic trail info.

Scott

"Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico).
Just
> > looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be
challenging.
> > Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
meet
> > everyone!
> >
> Joe, if you can be more specific, like what state you live in.
>
> as far as trails in my area, I can tell you were to go in Louisiana, and southern Mississippi,
> for some nice trails.

I live on the gulf coast of mississippi in pass christian. I have ridden every trail at desoto. But
im looking for some people to ride with. I don’t goto school and I don’t work. I am available to
ride anytime after next Tuesday as my bike is apart at the moment, while I wait for some new parts
to come in. I can travel wherever from florida to louisiana, pretty much anytime. The reason I
picked up mountain biking is I suffer from manic depression, and since I got my bike...for some
reason I just cannot put it down. I also play disc golf if anyone else in the area plays also. Feel
free to drop me an email regarding anything. Thanks for the responses!

Joe "Dex" Ball

"Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
> for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be
> helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!
>
> Joe "Dex" Ball

Really extreem riding in your area would be any housing project while wearing a white sheet.

JD

> as far as trails in my area, I can tell you were to go in Louisiana, and southern Mississippi,
> for some nice trails.

I happen to be moving to southern Louisiana in a couple months. How is the riding there?
Thanks...Mike

> "Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico).
Just
> > looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be
challenging.
> > Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
meet
> > everyone!
> >
> > Joe "Dex" Ball
>
> Really extreem riding in your area would be any housing project while wearing a white sheet.

Stereotyping JD? Nice job.

> "Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico).
Just
> > looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be
challenging.
> > Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
meet
> > everyone!
> >
> > Joe "Dex" Ball
>
> Really extreem riding in your area would be any housing project while wearing a white sheet.
>
> JD

LOL! Yeah that would be pretty extreme.

Joe

"Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico).
> Just
> > > looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be
> challenging.
> > > Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
> meet
> > > everyone!
> > >
> > Joe, if you can be more specific, like what state you live in.
> >
> > as far as trails in my area, I can tell you were to go in Louisiana,
and
> > southern Mississippi, for some nice trails.
> >

> I live on the gulf coast of mississippi in pass christian. I have ridden every trail at desoto.
> But im looking for some people to ride with. I don’
> goto school and I don’t work. I am available to ride anytime after next Tuesday as my bike is
> apart at the moment, while I wait for some new parts to come in. I can travel wherever from
> florida to louisiana, pretty much anytime. The reason I picked up mountain biking is I suffer from
> manic depression, and since I got my bike...for some reason I just cannot put it down. I also play
> disc golf if anyone else in the area plays also. Feel
free
> to drop me an email regarding anything. Thanks for the responses!

Check out the local club site. You can hook up for group rides to several trails in the area.

http://www.bramba.org/

"T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > as far as trails in my area, I can tell you were to go in Louisiana,
and
> > southern Mississippi, for some nice trails.
>
> I happen to be moving to southern Louisiana in a couple months. How is the riding there?
> Thanks...Mike

Riding is pretty good here, considering there's no mountains.

http://www.bramba.org/

"Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico).
> Just
> > > looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be
> challenging.
> > > Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
> meet
> > > everyone!
> > >
> > > Joe "Dex" Ball
> >
> > Really extreem riding in your area would be any housing project while wearing a white sheet.
> >
> Stereotyping JD? Nice job.

**** up a rope, you humorless pc thug lamer.

JD

> "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > "Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > Just
> > challenging.
> > meet

> > > Really extreem riding in your area would be any housing project while wearing a white sheet.
> > >
> > Stereotyping JD? Nice job.
>
> .......you humorless pc thug lamer.

This is so wrong!!

I do have a sense of humor, and I'm no thug. The lame thing was 'dead on' though.

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:33:29 -0600, "Joseph Ball"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
>for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be helpful.
>Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!
>
>Joe "Dex" Ball

hi

...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and on the trails
pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:33:29 -0600, "Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote:

.hello everyone, .I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just .looking
for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. .Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet .everyone!

Anywhere, as long as you stay on the pavement.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:33:29 -0600, "Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .hello everyone, .I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just
> .looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. .Any suggestions would
> be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet .everyone!
>
> Anywhere, as long as you stay on the pavement.

Is this the same pavement that the US had to destroy 15,920,615 hectacres of habitat to build?

Is this the same pavement that uses much more land for transportation facilities than for buildings
or any other structures thus destroying more habitat?

Is this the same pavement that the the I-99 project is building through Pa. State Gameland #278, and
the thousands of acres of private, unimproved land that hundreds of thousands of animals large and
small lived on? HYPOCRITE!

You're your own worst enema.

On 21 Dec 2003 04:28:57 -0800, [email protected] (R.White) wrote:

.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... .> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:33:29 -0600, "Joseph
Ball" <[email protected]> wrote: .> .> .hello everyone, .> .I'm 22 years old and live in the
southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just .> .looking for places to ride that are in the area and
would be challenging. .> .Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
meet .> .everyone! .> .> Anywhere, as long as you stay on the pavement. . .Is this the same
pavement that the US had to destroy 15,920,615 .hectacres .of habitat to build? . .Is this the same
pavement that uses much more land for transportation .facilities than for buildings or any other
structures thus destroying .more habitat? . .Is this the same pavement that the the I-99 project is
building .through .Pa. State Gameland #278, and the thousands of acres of private, .unimproved land
that hundreds of thousands of animals large and small .lived on? HYPOCRITE! . .You're your own
worst enema.

I am not advocating paving, only USING pavement that's there.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 21 Dec 2003 04:28:57 -0800, [email protected] (R.White) wrote:
>
> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>... .> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:33:29 -0600,
> "Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote: .> .> .hello everyone, .> .I'm 22 years old and live
> in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just .> .looking for places to ride that are in the
> area and would be challenging. .> .Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's
> nice to meet .> .everyone! .> .> Anywhere, as long as you stay on the pavement. . .Is this the
> same pavement that the US had to destroy 15,920,615 .hectacres .of habitat to build? . .Is this
> the same pavement that uses much more land for transportation .facilities than for buildings or
> any other structures thus destroying .more habitat? . .Is this the same pavement that the the I-99
> project is building .through .Pa. State Gameland #278, and the thousands of acres of private,
> .unimproved land that hundreds of thousands of animals large and small .lived on? HYPOCRITE! .
> .You're your own worst enema.
>
> I am not advocating paving,

Any you're not protesting against it either. Thousands of acres of habit are being lost and you say
and do nothing. It's because your agenda has nothing to do with habitat.

>only USING pavement that's there.

So you're advocating using the pavement that the US had to destroy 15,920,615 hectacres of habitat
to build. Ok, now I get it.