hi from the south.wales valleys

Ray Coburn

Jul 26, 2014
hi all
ive just bought a bike today from the local adds a carrera vengeance very good condition its like new. i used to have a bike 3yrs ago and i was doing pretty well until i knocked it on the head..this time im hopeing to get into cycleing abit more than i did 3yrs ago.
looking forward to going out a few times a week.
being a newbie i could do with all the advice you folks could give me...im so pleased ive joined this great cycling forum.
and thank you all for having me onboard.look forward to having many chats.

kind regards

Ray !!

Originally Posted by Ray Coburn

being a newbie i could do with all the advice you folks could give me...im so pleased ive joined this great cycling forum.
Hi Ray

welcome to the forum. The first advice new riders should follow is simply, to get out there and ride lots and enjoy it
wink.png

cheers steve
had my first ride yesterday done around 15miles and really enjoyed it..looking forward to todays ride.

Ray

hi all
ive just bought a bike today from the local adds a carrera vengeance very good condition its like new. i used to have a bike 3yrs ago and i was doing pretty well until i knocked it on the head..this time im hopeing to get into cycleing abit more than i did 3yrs ago.
looking forward to going out a few times a week.

kind regards

Ray !!
Welcome to the forum.

As Steve says, this sport can be a marathon or a sprint.
If it catches a hold of you, it's best to treat it as a marathon. Slow incremental improvement is the way to go.
Enjoy the journey as well as the destination.

thanks for the advice limerickman..done 22miles today loved every bit of it,.as you stated mate you must enjoy it and i do..i may have over done it today its only my second time out..ill have a short one tommorow .i dont want to burn myself out lol.

again cheers fella

Ray !!

thanks for the advice limerickman..done 22miles today loved every bit of it,.as you stated mate you must enjoy it and i do..i may have over done it today its only my second time out..ill have a short one tommorow .i dont want to burn myself out lol.

again cheers fella

Ray !!
Thanks Ray.

It would appear that you're a marathon candidate for our sport.

There are plenty of threads here extolling the virtues and importance of nutrition, eating sufficiently and taking on adequate liquid, for the longer spins.

Give those Brecon Beacons a fighting chance
grin.png