Hi I am new to the group!

Kathy Rip

Guest
Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because I needed help with my
weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132 pounds (not on ww though), but in 2003 I gained
back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew I needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I want to
lose the rest of those pounds plus some.

But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I have been using them up
everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my flexpoints already this week (today is day 3).

I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait until Sunday to get the
official results and be surprised.

Kathy

Hi Kathy, and welcome. I was really hungry the first week or two also, and again each time my points
dropped. Make some of the WW 0 point soup, and have a cup of that when you feel real hungry. It
Passes is the good news. And boy does this program ever work.

Lesanne
365/157.5/155

"Kathy Rip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040120165018.25740.00000257@mb-
m23.aol.com...
> Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because
> needed help with my weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132
pounds
> (not on ww though), but in 2003 I gained back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew
> needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I want to lose the
rest
> of those pounds plus some.
>
> But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I
have
> been using them up everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my
flexpoints
> already this week (today is day 3).
>
> I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait
until
> Sunday to get the official results and be surprised.
>
> Kathy

Hi Kathy:

Welcome to ASDWW!! We all find tricks to fill us up on fewer points. Munching on 0 point vegetables,
having the 0 point vegetable soup, having protein at every meal, chicken ;-), and saving sweets and
chips for special occasions. Maybe others can add their tricks.

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/208.5/155 RAFL 210.5/208.5/198.5

Kathy Rip wrote:
> Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because I needed help with my
> weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132 pounds (not on ww though), but in 2003 I
> gained back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew I needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I
> want to lose the rest of those pounds plus some.
>
> But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I have been using them up
> everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my flexpoints already this week (today is day 3).
>
> I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait until Sunday to get the
> official results and be surprised.
>
> Kathy

fill in your hunger with water and zero point vegetables, most people say it
takes about two weeks to get used to the smaller food. I can only offer
encouragement as you have already done the hardest part, you choose to
start, welcome and good luck, Lee
Kathy Rip <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because
> needed help with my weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132
pounds
> (not on ww though), but in 2003 I gained back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew
> needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I want to lose the
rest
> of those pounds plus some.
>
> But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I
have
> been using them up everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my
flexpoints
> already this week (today is day 3).
>
> I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait
until
> Sunday to get the official results and be surprised.
>
> Kathy

Welcome aboard. In addition to the suggestion to drink lots of water (and I do mean lots of water),
try replacing some of your carbs with lean protein. A turkey sandwich (3 or 4 oz) on low fat whole
wheat bread with a little bit of LF mayo is only around 4.5 points and will keep you from being
hungry longer than a meal where your points are from pasta or rice.

"Kathy Rip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040120165018.25740.00000257@mb-
m23.aol.com...
> Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because
> needed help with my weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132
pounds
> (not on ww though), but in 2003 I gained back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew
> needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I want to lose the
rest
> of those pounds plus some.
>
> But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I
have
> been using them up everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my
flexpoints
> already this week (today is day 3).
>
> I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait
until
> Sunday to get the official results and be surprised.
>
> Kathy

Hi Kathy! Welcome aboard this great newsgroup. Elaine K

Kathy Rip wrote:

>Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because I needed help with my
>weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132 pounds (not on ww though), but in 2003 I gained
>back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew I needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I want to
>lose the rest of those pounds plus some.
>
>But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I have been using them up
>everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my flexpoints already this week (today is day 3).
>
>I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait until Sunday to get the
>official results and be surprised.
>
>Kathy

Getting started can be difficult. There's so much to learn about the program besides training
yourself to learn the difference between feeling hunger and thirst and feeling tired or angry or
lonely or sad or anxious, if you happen to be someone like me who mistakes every feeling for hunger.

Here are some things I do to help me cope with feelings of hunger. Drink water. Get up from watching
television. Brush my teeth. Go to bed (I tend to feel hungrier in the evening and I think part of
the reason is that I'm tired and so I eat to keep myself awake). Read or post to the newsgroup. Pay
my bills. Call a friend. Lately I've discovered that exercising helps curb my hunger as well. Even
just a walk around the block, or using my fitness ball for a few minutes, takes my mind off.
Sometimes I have to white-knuckle my way past my hunger. And sometimes I give in, trying to make the
best choices I possibly can.

Most of us here still fight those urges to eat now and again. Sometimes we win the battle, sometimes
we lose. But those of us who keep working the program anyway are winning the battle. You can too.
Hang in there.

Prairie Roots
232/166/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

On 20 Jan 2004 21:50:18 GMT, [email protected] (Kathy Rip) wrote:

>Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because I needed help with my
>weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132 pounds (not on ww though), but in 2003 I gained
>back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew I needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I want to
>lose the rest of those pounds plus some.
>
>But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I have been using them up
>everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my flexpoints already this week (today is day 3).
>
>I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait until Sunday to get the
>official results and be surprised.
>
>Kathy

Hi and welcome to the group and to WW, Kathy! :) I can't wait to hear your first weigh-in...
let us know!

--

~Kristin O~
272/240.8/172

"Kathy Rip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040120165018.25740.00000257@mb-
m23.aol.com...
> Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because
> needed help with my weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132
pounds
> (not on ww though), but in 2003 I gained back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew
> needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I want to lose the
rest
> of those pounds plus some.
>
> But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I
have
> been using them up everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my
flexpoints
> already this week (today is day 3).
>
> I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait
until
> Sunday to get the official results and be surprised.
>
> Kathy

Hi Kathy, welcome to the group.
--
Brenda
209/177/150 RafL goal 165

"Kathy Rip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040120165018.25740.00000257@mb-
m23.aol.com...
> Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because
> needed help with my weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132
pounds
> (not on ww though), but in 2003 I gained back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew
> needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I want to lose the
rest
> of those pounds plus some.
>
> But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I
have
> been using them up everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my
flexpoints
> already this week (today is day 3).
>
> I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait
until
> Sunday to get the official results and be surprised.
>
> Kathy

Welcome, Kathy, you 'll like it here!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134/1.105/212 lbs "Kathy Rip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040120165018.25740.00000257@mb-
m23.aol.com...
> Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because
> needed help with my weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132
pounds
> (not on ww though), but in 2003 I gained back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew
> needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I want to lose the
rest
> of those pounds plus some.
>
> But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I
have
> been using them up everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my
flexpoints
> already this week (today is day 3).
>
> I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait
until
> Sunday to get the official results and be surprised.
>
> Kathy

Hi, Kathy, I see others have given you excellent advice about the soup, salad, zero point vegetables
and water. Even if it seems hard at first, it is well worth the effort.

--
Take Care Catherine
154/135.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2

"Kathy Rip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040120165018.25740.00000257@mb-
m23.aol.com...
> Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because
> needed help with my weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132
pounds
> (not on ww though), but in 2003 I gained back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew
> needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I want to lose the
rest
> of those pounds plus some.
>
> But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I
have
> been using them up everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my
flexpoints
> already this week (today is day 3).
>
> I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait
until
> Sunday to get the official results and be surprised.
>
> Kathy

Welcome aboard Kathy! The first few weeks are a bit tough, as we try to adjust to a new way of
thinking. It does get easier though. Have you tried making any substitutions for food items yet, to
stretch your points further? Such as ... lower fat or non-fat items for those high fat laden foods
we all used to eat? There are many *light* wheat breads on the market now, that work out to only 1
point for 2 slices. What many have done in the past is to post a day or two of their journals, then
let us have a go at them to help you learn where you can make easy changes. I learned quickly how to
revamp many family favorite recipes into healthier and lighter versions ... and the family said the
newer versions were much better than the originals. Don't be afraid to try new things, you might be
pleasantly surprised!

Joyce

On 20 Jan 2004 21:50:18 GMT, [email protected] (Kathy Rip) wrote:

>Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I joined WW on Sunday (1/18) because I needed help with my
>weight loss. In 2001 and 2002 I lost a total of 132 pounds (not on ww though), but in 2003 I gained
>back 76 of it :-((((( So I knew I needed some help to keep from gaining it all back, plus I want to
>lose the rest of those pounds plus some.
>
>But I find I am getting very hungry on the plan. I am at 34 points and I have been using them up
>everyday. I have even gone into about 1/2 of my flexpoints already this week (today is day 3).
>
>I haven't weighed at home yet, I am resisting the urge, I want to wait until Sunday to get the
>official results and be surprised.
>
>Kathy

>Lesanne
>365/157.5/155

Thanks Lesanne!

Am I reading your signature right? Have you lost over 200 lbs with Weight Watchers? If so, that is
awesome!!! How long have you been on the plan?

Kathy