Hi! I need to know what to buy for my cycle trip

Lordlanky

Sep 2, 2010
Okay - to be more precise:

I need a recommendation for:

- A good mount for my iphone to my bike (so i can use it as a trip computer)

- A solar charger for my iphone

- A good route planning app!

I'm cycling down the west coast of the USA in a few weeks you see :)

Thankyou all!

I don't know about most of that, but the app I use in my blackberry is just the free Google Maps. It has all the bike trails and bike friendly roads in my area (northern virginia) and it works out just perfect for me. I don't have a mount for it, I keep it in my backpack (besides, I don't really want to risk falling or being hit by a car at 15+ mph with my phone so exposed on the handle bar).

Thanks sahcnam,

I agree - i cant think of anything better than google maps so far (which is why i'm asking ;).

I bought xGPS which lets me set way points and all that jazz - but it clearly isn't geared to cycling. One good thing though is that it lets me preload maps - so if i dont have signal, i will be fine.

Oh... i'm getting insurance ;)

It's the mount and solar bit that i'm most bothered about. As you say, google maps will do fine.

Thanks!

Suggest you take a look at the excellent routes prepared by Adventure Cycling. The members spend a lot of time and effort exploring the best cycling routes, and their route maps are jam-packed with tons of details and information. Not free, but definately worthwhile for a trip like you're planning.
Check out: Pacific Coast Bicycle Route - Adventure Cycling Association