Hi im new!! any advice?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by chosen, Feb 13, 2006.

  1. chosen

    chosen Guest

    Tags:

  2. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    hi chosen! well my advice is to get a coker thats a 36" wheel...theyre
    the best for learning on.

    hope that helps

    -Phil

    :DHAHAHAHAHAHROFLMAO:D

    --
    trials_uni

    'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) <---new more
    informative post go now! edited today!
    Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
    (http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
    unicyclists in your area!
    Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

  3. omg wutz a yoonuhsykle???? OMG R U A CL0Wn??1?!1?!?!
    hahahahahHhahHhHHAHAUAUAHuhah suc a l0zsers

    --
    dudewithasock

    'My Unicycling Journal'
    officially ended - currently in the process of preparing it for my free
    webspace.
    :cool:
    'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
    dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

  4. monkeyman wrote:
    > definitely use more punctuation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! using only four and five
    > punctuation marks is for wimps.....real men use at least seven...it
    > helps get your point across!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also, dont use periods
    > at the end of sentences...having a big run on sentence...with just
    > dots....is good....
    > you should also never use the search function...thats too convenient
    > also
    > dont ever capitalize
    > you should also never go the product review board for product
    > questions
    > i hope i helped

    WARINING! Be careful NOT to joke like that with the new guy! Uni_tyler
    might bite your head off! :D (I thought it was funny though!) Ok, I
    guess I have to say it,just in case...I'm KIDDING!

    --
    terrybigwheel

    Terry
    terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

  5. habbywall

    habbywall Guest

    2617 posts?
    what a n3wb.
    eight foot drops are wayyyyyyy to easy mine as well start at 12 foot at
    least

    --
    habbywall

    'Nick.Jantz' (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com)
    BUY TORKER UNICYCLES FOR NO APPERANT REASON
    *PM about advertising here! kristine did it! you should too!
    I LOVE JONNY-HE'S SOOOOOOOOO COOOOL*
    '\"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out!'
    (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

  6. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    my first drop was off the third floor of my apt. building.

    --
    trials_uni

    'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) <---new more
    informative post go now! edited today!
    Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
    (http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
    unicyclists in your area!
    Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

  7. unifiend454

    unifiend454 Guest

  8. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    hey unifiend...look at who started this thread. its chosen..the guy who
    can ride a uni quite well. this is a joke thread making fun of other
    newb threads.lol.

    --

  9. habbywall wrote:
    > 2617 posts?
    > what a n3wb.
    > eight foot drops are wayyyyyyy to easy mine as well start at 12 foot at
    > least

    Hey I just noticed that too! Over Two-thousand, six hundred posts?
    That's considered "new"? :confused:

    --

  10. unifiend454 wrote:
    > since alot of the guys are being rude I will help..a good starter is
    > either a 20 or 24 incher...and just start my holding on to a fence or
    > some kind of wall...good luck!

    HA HA !

    --

  11. unifiend454 wrote:
    > since alot of the guys are being rude I will help..a good starter is
    > either a 20 or 24 incher...and just start my holding on to a fence or
    > some kind of wall...good luck!

    Yay, a sensible post. :rolleyes:

    --
    dudewithasock

    'My Unicycling Journal'
    officially ended - currently in the process of preparing it for my free
    webspace.
    :cool:
    'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
    dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

  12. redhead

    redhead Guest

  13. trials_uni wrote:
    > hey unifiend...look at who started this thread. its chosen..the guy who
    > can ride a uni quite well. this is a joke thread making fun of other
    > newb threads.lol.

    Dudewithasock, please read the above.:)

    --

  14. terrybigwheel wrote:
    > Dudewithasock, please read the above.:)

    ...ok, that was a stab at my intelligence, and I'm offended. I was
    being sarcastic as well, hence the smiley.

    :rolleyes:

    --
    dudewithasock

    'My Unicycling Journal'
    officially ended - currently in the process of preparing it for my free
    webspace.
    :cool:
    'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
    dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

  15. podzol

    podzol Guest

    Hi Chosen, and welcome.

    Visualization is important for learning to ride a unicycle. In fact,
    actually having the unicycle is vastly over rated. You can fall and get
    hurt riding one. I recommend exclusively visualizing riding one.
    Through visualization you can do anything without practicing, getting
    hurt, or being ridiculed by non riders. It saves a lot of money too,
    because you won't need to have a trials and a muni and a freestyle and
    a BC etc ride any where any style.

    Have fun. Post some pictures of you visualizing a great ride.

    Oh yeah. Get a clothespin on your avatar, too. The totally cool folks
    around here have one. Alas, I'm not member of that group, yet... ;)

    --
    podzol

    THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
    Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
    Seeking riders and support.
    *http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
    podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

  16. podzol wrote:
    > Hi Chosen, and welcome.
    >
    > Visualization is important for learning to ride a unicycle. In fact,
    > actually having the unicycle is vastly over rated. You can fall and get
    > hurt riding one. I recommend exclusively visualizing riding one.
    > Through visualization you can do anything without practicing, getting
    > hurt, or being ridiculed by non riders. It saves a lot of money too,
    > because you won't need to have a trials and a muni and a freestyle and
    > a BC etc ride any where any style.
    >
    > Have fun. Post some pictures of you visualizing a great ride.
    >
    > Oh yeah. Get a clothespin on your avatar, too. The totally cool folks
    > around here have one. Alas, I'm not member of that group, yet... ;)

    I disagree. I tried the visualization method at first as well, and
    broke my left arm, right leg, neck, spine, nose, spleen, and left
    testicle. Way too dangerous.

    --

  17. dudewithasock wrote:
    > ...ok, that was a stab at my intelligence, and I'm offended. I was being
    > sarcastic as well, hence the smiley.
    >
    > :rolleyes:

    So was I...did see my "smiley" too?

    --
    terrybigwheel

    Terry
    terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

  18. podzol

    podzol Guest

    dudewithasock wrote:
    > I disagree. I tried the visualization method at first as well, and broke
    > my left arm, right leg, neck, spine, nose, spleen, and left testicle.
    > Way too dangerous.

    Oh My. I stand corrected. don't get a unicycle or visualize at all.
    Just read the forum and learn to talk a good game. I hope that clears
    me of all liability.

    --

  19. terrybigwheel wrote:
    > So was I...did see my "smiley" too?

    Now I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, and if you were
    really insulting my sarcasm detector in the first place or not,
    or....what?

    Either way, :cool: