Hi im new!! any advice?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by chosen, Feb 13, 2006.

  1. GoldCoastUni

    GoldCoastUni Guest

    Hi Guys, I am actually new to unicycling. Thought I'd avoid starting a
    new thread to introduce myself for obvious reasons.

    I like all the face-saving going on in this thread, "No seriously I was
    being sarcastic." Lol

    Been at it a couple of weeks now, can ride around and hop a bit. Had
    to take it easy the last week or so, keep hitting my ankles on the
    cranks, very painful and always in the exact same place.:mad: I think
    I need either different shoes, cranks with q factor, or shin guards.

    Anyway it seems like a good forum, not so much of the bullsh*t
    associated with other forums I read, mainly car related. Keep it up.

    Have bought the Universe 2 DVD, absolutely insane, one wheel really is
    no limit.

    Cheers

    --
    GoldCoastUni
    GoldCoastUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11686

  2. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    if you thought U2 was good get a copie of defect...you shit your self.

    --
    trials_uni

    'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) <---new more
    informative post go now! edited today!
    Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
    (http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
    unicyclists in your area!
    Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

  3. dudewithasock wrote:
    > ...ok, that was a stab at my intelligence, and I'm offended. I was being
    > sarcastic as well, hence the smiley.
    >
    > :rolleyes:

    Oh well now I'm totally confused! Here, let me just shake my head
    back'n forth real fast like Jim Carrey in "The Mask"; maybe that'll
    clear things up. Or we could both just grab a favorite beverage and
    look up at the full moon and Howl!:D :cool: :rolleyes: :) :p

    --
    terrybigwheel

    Terry
    terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

  4. dudewithasock wrote:
    > Now I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, and if you were
    > really insulting my sarcasm detector in the first place or not,
    > or....what?
    >
    > Either way, :cool:

    Oh well now I'm totally confused! Here, let me just shake my head
    back'n forth real fast like Jim Carrey in "The Mask"; maybe that'll
    clear things up. Or we could both just grab a favorite beverage and
    look up at the full moon and Howl!:D :cool: :rolleyes: :) :p

    --
    terrybigwheel

    Terry
    terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

  5. monkeyman

    monkeyman Guest

    dudewithasock wrote:
    > Now I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, and if you were
    > really insulting my sarcasm detector in the first place or not,
    > or....what?
    >
    > Either way, :cool:

    My friends, this is why sarcasm DOES NOT work over the internet

    --
    monkeyman

    Trying to think up a sig since 2/11/06
    monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

  6. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

  7. underdog

    underdog Guest

    What sarcasm:confused:
    Anyway, in response to the original question you should start stressing
    about the levels right away. If you're not riding level 9 and maybe
    some of the level 10 skills by your 3rd month you're just not trying
    hard enough. Get with it, man.

    --
    underdog

    'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
    tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
    underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

  8. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

    underdog wrote:
    > What sarcasm:confused:
    > Anyway, in response to the original question you should start stressing
    > about the levels right away. If you're not riding level 9 and maybe
    > some of the level 10 skills by your 3rd month you're just not trying
    > hard enough. Get with it, man.

    3rd mounth?? dont u meen week the 3rd week

    --
    dale_dale

    ___________
    dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

  9. koebwil

    koebwil Guest

    I was riding level 10 skills in two days. My first trick was riding a
    handstand coast with the front of the seat between my teeth.

    --
    koebwil

    "I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
    koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

  10. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

    koebwil wrote:
    > I was riding level 10 skills in two days. My first trick was riding a
    > handstand coast with the front of the seat between my teeth.

    yeahs thats a good place to start

    --
    dale_dale

    ___________
    dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

  11. koebwil

    koebwil Guest

    terrybigwheel wrote:
    > Third week?Don't you mean the 3rd day..or even 3rd hour if you're
    > average.:D

    hes taking abot if ur a dumas nub.

    --
    koebwil

    "I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
    koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

  12. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

  13. chosen

    chosen Guest

  14. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

  15. monkeyman

    monkeyman Guest

    psh, forget BC wheel, go for the ultimate wheel...thats one of the
    easiest things to master
    go do a one foot wheel walk with that, and juggle seven of something
    too
    like cars or w/e