Hi, New Girl here.

q2cycling

Mar 23, 2014
Hi Everybody,

This is Elaine.

Glad that I find the cycling forum here.

I used to stay at home, and have no idea of the cycling life.

Then I find a job at a bike manufacturer, you know...I work as an international sales...

On the weekends, I would grab the bikes from the factory, and ride together with my co-workers.

Then the cycling is gradually changing me.

I become more active in outdoor sports.

I hope I can make some friends here.

Thanks....You are the first and only one who welcomes me.
big-smile.png

Are you in this picture?

Top...fourth row...sixteenth from the left?

For many years I have longed for a carbon fiber toilet seat!

How many U.S. dollars is yours?

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB

You still wouldn't put the lid down even if you had one.

Aha. I want one carbon fiber toilet too! It can make me feel decent and elegant.... But we don't make toilet....Just bicycles...

I can use it on my bicycle! It will save pit stops.

So...Toray carbon with Ti hinges and 90 durometer elastomer bumpers? Sub 200 gram hollowseat technology? That's a definite plus for perineum relief.

So you guys invented the Wiel?

Oh...you need the Adamo Tri/TT version...

Available in Team White and no aerodynamic drag from a lid to slow you down...or cause your wife to ***** at you.

So you guys invented the Wiel?
Yes. Wiel is my boss' brand. He is the big boss for the factory. And he invested in Q2 Cycling.
You also know the brand? That's so nice. Finally, people abroad know the brand.
big-smile.png

I purchased a few Q2 1/2 watt tail lights last fall via Ebay. They work well and the price was right.

Be aware that manufacturers posting in threads to advertize for free is generally frowned upon.

Originally Posted by maydog
Be aware that manufacturers posting in threads to advertize for free is generally frowned upon.
Thanks. Yes. They will consider me as spam, and then suspend my account....But I do really want to make friends with everybody also. Too bad that I work in the manufacturer....Too lucky that it is making me fall in love with cycling....

Quote by q2c:
"You also know the brand?"

Yes. We spell it differently, but pronounce it the same.

Quote by q2c:
"You also know the brand?"

Yes. We spell it differently, but pronounce it the same.
How come the same brand but with different spelling?
shocked.png

Welcome Elaine! I think it is AWESOME that somebody from the Asian bike industry is a member here! A thousand welcomes!
love.png

There is an on-going and growing debate about carbon fiber bike products manufactured in Asia. The majority of Asian bike company haters have ZERO actual hands-on experience with anything sold directly from Asian companies. The haters' position on the subject is based on nothing except "urban myth" and an almost xenophobic fervor in support of Western-marketed "brand names".

Hopefully -- with your point of view as both someone who is enthusiastic about cycling as well as someone who is an industry insider -- your insight can help to debunk some of the myths and bigoted misconceptions the haters have about Asian-made bikes and whatnot.

Looking forward to hearing more from you, Elaine!
love.png

Quote by q2c:
"How come the same brand but with different spelling?"

It's an Engrish-to-Mandarin thing, I believe.

Quote by velonista:
"The haters' position on the subject is based on nothing except "urban myth" and an almost xenophobic fervor in support of Western-marketed "brand names"."

My Western-marketed Eyetalian frame was outsourced to a Taiwan firm that designed and built the molds and the outsourced the Japanese-sourced carbon layup, autoclave labor, rough and final finishing, painting and decal application to the mainland Chines.

Who should I hate most? The Slovenian-located Eyetalians for being too lazy to build their own frames? The Taiwanese for not even fulfilling a contract themselves? Or the mainland Chinese for building a frame that cracked with less than 9,000 miles on it?

BTW, those www.Wilier.it decals sure are purdy.

Quote by JH:
"Discussion is fine spam is not."

Spam is great! On Western-marketed whole wheat, with Chinese spicy mustard and a little marinara sauce....mmmmmm!

I think it's awesome someone from the Spam industry is here! A thousand calories!
tongue.png