Hi

mike booth

Nov 19, 2003
This is my first post here. While I am not hard core, biking is a regular part of my cross training. I commuted to work for years, lived in the Poconos, rode a lot at Glenn Park, Jacobsburg, Jim Thorpe. I have an old, used Trek for off road, an old used Cannondale road bike.

I'm retired now, running a small, community security force in Florida. I'm initiating bike patrol and toying with the idea of building a spec bike. I'm open to input and suggestions. More to follow.

Mike Booth

Originally posted by mike booth
This is my first post here. While I am not hard core, biking is a regular part of my cross training. I commuted to work for years, lived in the Poconos, rode a lot at Glenn Park, Jacobsburg, Jim Thorpe. I have an old, used Trek for off road, an old used Cannondale road bike.

I'm retired now, running a small, community security force in Florida. I'm initiating bike patrol and toying with the idea of building a spec bike. I'm open to input and suggestions. More to follow.

Mike Booth

Get a Colnago C-50 on Record 2004 with Ksyrium SSL wheels. U cant go wrong!

Originally posted by rossoreduk
Get a Colnago C-50 on Record 2004 with Ksyrium SSL wheels. U cant go wrong!

Thanks, I really am looking for input. The standard patrol bike seems to be Smith and Wesson, what ever that is? LOL. I'm using my old Trek. I'd really like to build a bike just for patrol. I put in some eight hour shifts, which is a lot of riding, most of it pretty undemanding, on roads, sidewalks and paths. Occasionally it gets technical, especially checking up on the kids in the community.

The bike I build doesn't have to be too heavy duty. Light weight would be nice. A minimum of steel, salt air and rain are a factor. Stealth hubs are another consideration. This is a working bike, really top of the line componants might not be appropriate, though I am lusting after an Ellsworth Truth.