hide the beer, I'm back

Clydesdalemtb

Guest
got a warning that my Hard Drive was full, at SWMBO's suggestion I went out and got an internal CD
burner to back up a bunch of stuff, before clenaing it out. Somehow, I fried the motherboard and
hard-drive. went to return the CD Burner to B&stBuy and found an "Open Item" (display model)
1.3GigHz PC w/ 40Gig hard drive and CDR/W-DVD for $249. When one door closes another one opens.

Now I just need a real JOB!

Spent last week filling in for one of my mechanics at the shop. That was really cool..... I did a
few timing belts, an oil pump, a head gasket, and all sorts of groovy volvo repairs. They were so
impressed they even gave me my own key, so I can use the shop any time I want now.

Riding? Jut riding the trainer It hasn't gotten above 20°F for over two weeks now. Some days it
never got above 0°!!!!! BUT, on a positive note, Harpoon has released their Winter Ale.... MOST
YUMMY indeed!

> got a warning that my Hard Drive was full, at SWMBO's suggestion I went out and got an internal CD
> burner to back up a bunch of stuff, before clenaing it out. Somehow, I fried the motherboard and
> hard-drive. went to return the CD Burner to B&stBuy and found an "Open Item" (display model)
> 1.3GigHz PC w/ 40Gig hard drive and CDR/W-DVD for $249. When one door closes another one opens.
>
> Now I just need a real JOB!
>
> Spent last week filling in for one of my mechanics at the shop. That was really cool..... I did a
> few timing belts, an oil pump, a head gasket, and all sorts of groovy volvo repairs. They were so
> impressed they even gave me my own key, so I can use the shop any time I want now.
>
> Riding? Jut riding the trainer It hasn't gotten above 20°F for over two weeks now. Some days it
> never got above 0°!!!!! BUT, on a positive note, Harpoon has released their Winter Ale.... MOST
> YUMMY indeed!

Was just about to post an ABP on you.
--
Slacker

> got a warning that my Hard Drive was full, at SWMBO's suggestion I went out and got an internal CD
> burner to back up a bunch of stuff, before clenaing it out. Somehow, I fried the motherboard and
> hard-drive. went to return the CD Burner to B&stBuy and found an "Open Item" (display model)
> 1.3GigHz PC w/ 40Gig hard drive and CDR/W-DVD for $249. When one door closes another one opens.
>
> Now I just need a real JOB!
>
> Spent last week filling in for one of my mechanics at the shop. That was really cool..... I did a
> few timing belts, an oil pump, a head gasket, and all sorts of groovy volvo repairs. They were so
> impressed they even gave me my own key, so I can use the shop any time I want now.
>
> Riding? Jut riding the trainer It hasn't gotten above 20°F for over two weeks now. Some days it
> never got above 0°!!!!! BUT, on a positive note, Harpoon has released their Winter Ale.... MOST
> YUMMY indeed!

Welcome back. I just finished off a bottle of La Fin du Monde. I'll now say it was in your honour.

Mike - hic! Like I need an excuse!

> got a warning that my Hard Drive was full, at SWMBO's suggestion I went out and got an internal CD
> burner to back up a bunch of stuff, before clenaing it out. Somehow, I fried the motherboard and
> hard-drive. went to return the CD Burner to B&stBuy and found an "Open Item" (display model)
> 1.3GigHz PC w/ 40Gig hard drive and CDR/W-DVD for $249. When one door closes another one opens.
>
> Now I just need a real JOB!
>
> Spent last week filling in for one of my mechanics at the shop. That was really cool..... I did a
> few timing belts, an oil pump, a head gasket, and all sorts of groovy volvo repairs. They were so
> impressed they even gave me my own key, so I can use the shop any time I want now.
>
> Riding? Jut riding the trainer It hasn't gotten above 20°F for over two weeks now. Some days it
> never got above 0°!!!!! BUT, on a positive note, Harpoon has released their Winter Ale.... MOST
> YUMMY indeed!

Ummm, BEER. I'm sipping a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale right now. And to think some people make
bread out of yeast, wheat, water and such!!! Fools.

Greg

I heard that Yanky beer is like rooting in a cannoe, both are fcuken close too water.

> got a warning that my Hard Drive was full, at SWMBO's suggestion I went out and got an internal CD
> burner to back up a bunch of stuff, before clenaing it out. Somehow, I fried the motherboard and
> hard-drive. went to return the CD Burner to B&stBuy and found an "Open Item" (display model)
> 1.3GigHz PC w/ 40Gig hard drive and CDR/W-DVD for $249. When one door closes another one opens.
>
> Now I just need a real JOB!
>
> Spent last week filling in for one of my mechanics at the shop. That was really cool..... I did a
> few timing belts, an oil pump, a head gasket, and all sorts of groovy volvo repairs. They were so
> impressed they even gave me my own key, so I can use the shop any time I want now.
>
> Riding? Jut riding the trainer It hasn't gotten above 20°F for over two weeks now. Some days it
> never got above 0°!!!!! BUT, on a positive note, Harpoon has released their Winter Ale.... MOST
> YUMMY indeed!

Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > got a warning that my Hard Drive was full, at SWMBO's suggestion I went out and got an internal
> > CD burner to back up a bunch of stuff, before clenaing it out. Somehow, I fried the motherboard
> > and hard-drive. went to return the CD Burner to B&stBuy and found an "Open Item" (display model)
> > 1.3GigHz PC w/ 40Gig hard drive and CDR/W-DVD for $249. When one door closes another one opens.
> >
> > Now I just need a real JOB!
> >
> > Spent last week filling in for one of my mechanics at the shop. That was really cool..... I did
> > a few timing belts, an oil pump, a head gasket, and all sorts of groovy volvo repairs. They were
> > so impressed they even gave me my own key, so I can use the shop any time I want now.
> >
> > Riding? Jut riding the trainer It hasn't gotten above 20°F for over two weeks now. Some days it
> > never got above 0°!!!!! BUT, on a positive note, Harpoon has released their Winter Ale.... MOST
> > YUMMY indeed!
>

> Was just about to post an ABP on you.

All boints pullitin?

Shaun aRe - WTF is a 'boint'?

So you been hit by Harpoon and its too cold out for you to ride. You better hit that trainner harder
so you don't leave the class of Clydedale and move in to the whale class before spring.

Fire up MTB 03

So you been hit by Harpoon and its too cold out for you to ride. You better hit that trainner harder
so you don't move from the Clydedale class to the Whale class before Spring. You know how long New
England winters are in NH, VT, MA, and ME.

Fire up MTB 03

"ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... <snip>

> Riding? Jut riding the trainer It hasn't gotten above 20°F for over two weeks now. Some days it
> never got above 0°!!!!! BUT, on a positive note, Harpoon has released their Winter Ale.... MOST
> YUMMY indeed!

Wimp!! Get out there and ride!! :)

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

> Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > > got a warning that my Hard Drive was full, at SWMBO's suggestion I went out and got an
> > > internal CD burner to back up a bunch of stuff, before clenaing it out. Somehow, I fried the
> > > motherboard and hard-drive. went to return the CD Burner to B&stBuy and found an "Open Item"
> > > (display model) 1.3GigHz PC w/ 40Gig hard drive and CDR/W-DVD for $249. When one door closes
> > > another one opens.
> > >
> > > Now I just need a real JOB!
> > >
> > > Spent last week filling in for one of my mechanics at the shop. That was really cool..... I
> > > did a few timing belts, an oil pump, a head gasket, and all sorts of groovy volvo repairs.
> > > They were so impressed they even gave me my own key, so I can use the shop any time I want
> > > now.
> > >
> > > Riding? Jut riding the trainer It hasn't gotten above 20°F for over two weeks now. Some days
> > > it never got above 0°!!!!! BUT, on a positive note, Harpoon has released their Winter Ale....
> > > MOST YUMMY indeed!
> >

> > Was just about to post an ABP on you.
>
> All boints pullitin?
>
> Shaun aRe - WTF is a 'boint'?

Eye think I'm dsylexic and a sucky spellar.
--
Slacker

Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
$249.

> > > Was just about to post an ABP on you.
> >
> > All boints pullitin?
> >
> > Shaun aRe - WTF is a 'boint'?
>

> Eye think I'm dsylexic and a sucky spellar.

Mine is tuned to middle C.

Shaun aRe

bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

>MrBusdriver wrote:
>> I heard that Yanky beer is like rooting in a cannoe, both are fcuken close too water.
>
>Whereas a glass of Aussie beer is like a cat. Because both contain cat ****...

If THAT'S the case, I'm going to stop putting kitty litter in my cat's box and just drain it into my
beer mug. Aussie beer is second only to English beer IMHO. Unfortunately, most American beer just
doesn't measure up (except to VB, Victoria Bitters, which is apparently the most popular beer in Oz
and a poor replacement for Budweiser - go figure).

Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> bomba <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >MrBusdriver wrote:
> >> I heard that Yanky beer is like rooting in a cannoe, both are fcuken
close
> >> too water.
> >
> >Whereas a glass of Aussie beer is like a cat. Because both contain cat ****...
>
> If THAT'S the case, I'm going to stop putting kitty litter in my cat's box and just drain it into
> my beer mug. Aussie beer is second only to English beer IMHO. Unfortunately, most American beer
> just doesn't measure up (except to VB, Victoria Bitters, which is apparently the most popular beer
> in Oz and a poor replacement for Budweiser - go figure).

Yer all (both) wrong - _Home Brew_ - that's where it's at I tells ya.

Had some gorgeous H/B wines a couple of weeks ago an '87 plum wine, and an '86 blackberry! Bloody
gorgeous! Can't wait to try the 1980 orange brandy - bet that's gorgeous!

Shaun aRe

> If THAT'S the case, I'm going to stop putting kitty litter in my cat's box and just drain it into
> my beer mug. Aussie beer is second only to English beer IMHO. Unfortunately, most American beer
> just doesn't measure up (except to VB, Victoria Bitters, which is apparently the most popular beer
> in Oz and a poor replacement for Budweiser - go figure).

I will have to disagree with you on that, Mark. Canadian beer rocks the world. Belgian beer
comes close...
:)

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Mark Hickey wrote:

>>>I heard that Yanky beer is like rooting in a cannoe, both are fcuken close too water.
>>
>>Whereas a glass of Aussie beer is like a cat. Because both contain cat ****...
>

> If THAT'S the case, I'm going to stop putting kitty litter in my cat's box and just drain it into
> my beer mug. Aussie beer is second only to English beer IMHO. Unfortunately, most American beer
> just doesn't measure up (except to VB, Victoria Bitters, which is apparently the most popular beer
> in Oz and a poor replacement for Budweiser - go figure).

I assumed our bus-driving friend was refering to lager. Maybe it's an export thing, but Aussie
lagers are just **** water, IME. Not that English lagers are much better, you understand.

> Help me remember that Aussie beer I I had last year. It was a Stout. It had a
> mustard yellow label and it was good all 4 bucks a bottle good. It was winter, I
> was riding and in need of a beer. So I pulled into a package store found & paid
> for and went out and to the nearest lookout to drink it .
>

> Fire up MTB 03

If you had said mustard yellow liquid then it could have been any number of American beers, but I
can't help you there.
--
_________________________

MrBusdriver wrote:
> I heard that Yanky beer is like rooting in a cannoe, both are fcuken close too water.

you're hanging out in the wrong places if thats's all you know about american beer.. And anyway,
that joke is soooooooooo old......zzzzzzzzzzz.......

Carla A-G wrote:
> Canadian beer rocks the world. Belgian beer comes close...

and Canadian Belgians totally rock

Michael Dart wrote:

> I just finished off a bottle of La Fin du Monde. I'll now say it was in your honour.

Good stuf, eh?

I just picked up two bottles of thier (very limited) "11" (they discontinued "10" last year) But
haven't had the b@lls to pop the cork on one yet. if it is anything like 10 was, 750ml of an 11%
triple'll be a "serious" @ss kicker....