High Beech T*ssers

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by slim jim, Apr 17, 2005.

  1. slim jim

    slim jim New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2005
    Riding along riding my own business in High Beach (Beech to some) Epping Forest on Saturday when a berk in his Peugeot 205 pulls over onto my side of the road as I'm going down a hill and his mate leans out of the window and tries to hit me as they're going past. I ducked, he missed and I emerged unscathed - I have to say that my fury at this imposition did make me a rather decent hill climber for the next few minutes (I was desperate to get back to the top of the hill to try and catch up with them).

    Hey-ho. Anyone else have any trouble with total wan*ers around there?

    Tags:

  2. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    slim jim wrote:
    > Riding along riding my own business in High Beach (Beech to some)

    Epping
    > Forest on Saturday when a berk in his Peugeot 205 pulls over onto my
    > side of the road as I'm going down a hill and his mate leans out of

    the
    > window and tries to hit me as they're going past. I ducked, he missed
    > and I emerged unscathed - I have to say that my fury at this

    imposition
    > did make me a rather decent hill climber for the next few minutes (I

    was
    > desperate to get back to the top of the hill to try and catch up with
    > them).
    >
    > Hey-ho. Anyone else have any trouble with total wan*ers around there?

    Sorry to hear it; their day will come. I once had some nonces try to
    pull me off my bike in Rotherhithe tunnel- I did also give chase with
    a large chain but probably fortunately for me did not catch them

    was it three blokes by any chance? that is the usual catalyst, perhaps
    there should be a plural noun for young berks in a fast car, any
    suggestions?

  3. "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > was it three blokes by any chance? that is the usual catalyst, perhaps
    > there should be a plural noun for young berks in a fast car, any
    > suggestions?

    I thought a 'herd of wanker's would cover it.

    --
    OJ

    Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
    Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

  4. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 17/4/05 11:53 pm, in article [email protected], "Guy
    Ballantine" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> was it three blokes by any chance? that is the usual catalyst, perhaps
    >> there should be a plural noun for young berks in a fast car, any
    >> suggestions?

    > I thought a 'herd of wanker's would cover it.

    A Grip would surely be the collective noun?

    ...d

  5. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    slim jim wrote:

    > Hey-ho. Anyone else have any trouble with total wan*ers around
    > there?

    Not there personally, but in many places from Watford to Wallingford.
    Friday and Saturday nights seem to be particularly bad for it. I
    wouldn't recommend chasing them - you're outnumbered for a start, and
    if they think you're likely to catch them there's a chance they'll use
    their car against you directly. The best you can hope for is to get
    their number and report an assault to the police.

    I can sort of understand how they get into a mood that makes these
    attacks seem funny, but I find the lack of character it reveals rather
    sad. AFAICS "Let's drive around and knock cyclists off their bikes" is
    not much different from "let's walk down the High Street and tip people
    out of their wheelchairs".

    --
    Dave...

  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    slim jim wrote:
    > Riding along riding my own business in High Beach (Beech to some) Epping
    > Forest on Saturday when a berk in his Peugeot 205 pulls over onto my
    > side of the road as I'm going down a hill and his mate leans out of the
    > window and tries to hit me as they're going past. I ducked, he missed
    > and I emerged unscathed - I have to say that my fury at this imposition
    > did make me a rather decent hill climber for the next few minutes (I was
    > desperate to get back to the top of the hill to try and catch up with
    > them).
    >
    > Hey-ho. Anyone else have any trouble with total wan*ers around there?

    Sad faced Chavs weaned on a diet of Jackass and German lager.

    I had my Ronhill Beanie lifted from my head by passing eejits in a white
    van a few weeks ago. Makes you angry, but as others have said, they'll
    get theirs, though probably not from us. Remember, the meek shall
    inherit the earth - which thankfully excludes all these types - *and*
    George Bush :)

    --
    Chris

  7. Chris wrote:
    > Remember, the meek shall
    > inherit the earth

    Well, there's been plenty of time and it hasn't happened yet, nor does
    it look likely in the near to medium future.

    --
    jc

    Remove the -not from email

  8. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Jeremy Collins wrote:
    > Chris wrote:
    >
    >> Remember, the meek shall inherit the earth

    > Well, there's been plenty of time and it hasn't happened yet, nor does
    > it look likely in the near to medium future.

    lol - indeed, but I suspect the meek are also patient...

  9. PeteC

    PeteC Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > the meek shall inherit the earth

    If that's OK with everyone else?

    <IGMC>

    Pete.

  10. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Chris wrote:

    > Remember, the meek shall inherit the earth

    I understand they were offered but turned it down

    Tony ;-)

  11. sean

    sean Guest

    "Guy Ballantine" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > was it three blokes by any chance? that is the usual catalyst, perhaps
    > > there should be a plural noun for young berks in a fast car, any
    > > suggestions?

    > I thought a 'herd of wanker's would cover it.

    A 'load of bollocks'?

  12. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    sean wrote:
    > "Guy Ballantine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >> "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>> was it three blokes by any chance? that is the usual catalyst,
    >>> perhaps there should be a plural noun for young berks in a fast
    >>> car, any suggestions?

    >> I thought a 'herd of wanker's would cover it.

    > A 'load of bollocks'?

    A tosspot of tossers?

  13. MSA

    MSA Guest

    slim jim wrote:
    > Riding along riding my own business in High Beach (Beech to some) Epping
    > Forest on Saturday when a berk in his Peugeot 205 pulls over onto my
    > side of the road as I'm going down a hill and his mate leans out of the
    > window and tries to hit me as they're going past. I ducked, he missed
    > and I emerged unscathed - I have to say that my fury at this imposition
    > did make me a rather decent hill climber for the next few minutes (I was
    > desperate to get back to the top of the hill to try and catch up with
    > them).
    >
    > Hey-ho. Anyone else have any trouble with total wan*ers around there?

    Absolutely Jim. I was there Saturday morning, and again Sunday
    afternoon. Sunday afternoon there was a black jag doing burnouts with
    his brakes lightly on to lock the fronts wheels. A few minutes later a
    Fireblade came through on his back wheel alone. Skillfull yes, clever, no.

    Do you remember what it used to be like though, some 10 to 15 years ago
    (you may be too young I have no idea)? Hundreds of modified cars,
    hundreds of motorcyclists, with the majority of them showing off to the
    crowds lining the road.

    I was talking to Carl at the tea hut yesterday, he said it has gradually
    been getting worse again over the past few years.

    It took the death of a motorcyclist some 10 years ago or so to make the
    Police very prominent around there on a Sunday afternoon, the
    authorities also put in logs and post in strategic places to make things
    a little safer.

    I've been going to High Beech since I was a toddler (when Dad used to
    buy me an ice-cream), I remember Carl back then! I hope it doesn't go
    the same way again.

    Was you on a road bike, or an MTB...perhaps I even know you? Not you on
    the Softride by any chance?

    --
    Mark

    Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before

  14. slim jim wrote:
    > Riding along riding my own business in High Beach (Beech to some) Epping
    > Forest on Saturday when a berk in his Peugeot 205 pulls over onto my
    > side of the road as I'm going down a hill and his mate leans out of the
    > window and tries to hit me as they're going past. I ducked, he missed
    > and I emerged unscathed - I have to say that my fury at this imposition
    > did make me a rather decent hill climber for the next few minutes (I was
    > desperate to get back to the top of the hill to try and catch up with
    > them).
    >
    > Hey-ho. Anyone else have any trouble with total wan*ers around there?

    One of the hazards on the Dunwich Dynamo. I may wear a h*lmet for the
    Epping Forest stretch.

  15. "dkahn400" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > slim jim wrote:

    > not much different from "let's walk down the High Street and tip people
    > out of their wheelchairs".

    I always liked that game, the trick is to get them before they tipped me out
    of my wheelchair.
    --
    OJ

    Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
    Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

  16. Chris Armstrong

    Chris Armstrong New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2005
    I had a similar experience on a downhill near home t'other week. The passenger screamed out the window at me, giving me a shock and causing a high speed wobble. it was a long downhill, and like the first couple of posters, I was enraged and gave chase. It was a busy junction at the bottom of the hill and I caught them up. I asked the guy to repeat what he had said but he suddenly became very shy and couldn't look me in the eye. After calling him a coward amongst other things, I felt quite good about things but later realised things could have gone badly wrong, but fortunately they didn't.

  17. slim jim

    slim jim New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2005
    I am rather glad I didn't catch up with my particular gang of oiks. They just made me so angry at the time. A shame really as I had enjoyed heading back to High Beech after a spell away - used to work on the local paper in Loughton in the late 80s so it was a kind of down memory lane number. Can't let berks like that put you off though, so I'll be back. Ruislip this weekend then probably Epping Forest the next, so I'll have to look out for you MSA. I'll be the one on the red 1975 Harry Quinn.

  18. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > >> Remember, the meek shall inherit the earth

    > > Well, there's been plenty of time and it hasn't happened yet, nor does
    > > it look likely in the near to medium future.
    > >

    > lol - indeed, but I suspect the meek are also patient...

    And I suspect it is a lie put about by the powerful to keep the meek in
    their place.

    Its all part of the plot to keep the masses in ignorance and conformity.

  19. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Guy Ballantine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > was it three blokes by any chance? that is the usual catalyst, perhaps
    > > there should be a plural noun for young berks in a fast car, any
    > > suggestions?

    > I thought a 'herd of wanker's would cover it.

    A handful?

  20. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 19/4/05 11:23 am, in article [email protected], "Tony W"
    <tonyrem[email protected]> wrote:

    > Its all part of the plot to keep the masses in ignorance and conformity.

    Best place for them. Unfilled aspirations just lead to despondency and
    misery.

    ...d