High blood pressure medication and tinnitus

Francispoon

Guest
My tinnitus came out in the process of changing my high blood pressure medication from exclusively
calcium channel blocker to a combination approach which included diurectics, beta-blocker and
calcium channel blocker. I am not suggesting any casual relationship but i think there is an element
of a correlational relationship here. Now, the diurectics is off and i have been feeling a lot
better. Others could call this 'imaginary' but my own experience has been that my T has improved
significantly upon the cessation of hydrochloridediazide.

Yesterday, a doctor in the neurology department suggested to use blood vessel dilator to help the
blood circulation in my head. Currently i am using 5mg of Plendil and 5 mg of a beta=blocker. I
wonder if i just sticked to 10 mg of Plendil or calcium channel blocker only and do away with the
beta=blocker, i could increase the blood vessel dilating effect of my hbp medication in order to
help my T.

Thanks for the views.

FP

On 28 Feb 2004 20:39:08 -0800, [email protected] (francispoon)
wrote:

>My tinnitus came out in the process of changing my high blood pressure medication from exclusively
>calcium channel blocker to a combination approach which included diurectics, beta-blocker and
>calcium channel blocker. I am not suggesting any casual relationship but i think there is an
>element of a correlational relationship here. Now, the diurectics is off and i have been feeling a
>lot better. Others could call this 'imaginary' but my own experience has been that my T has
>improved significantly upon the cessation of hydrochloridediazide.
>
>Yesterday, a doctor in the neurology department suggested to use blood vessel dilator to help the
>blood circulation in my head. Currently i am using 5mg of Plendil and 5 mg of a beta=blocker. I
>wonder if i just sticked to 10 mg of Plendil or calcium channel blocker only and do away with the
>beta=blocker, i could increase the blood vessel dilating effect of my hbp medication in order to
>help my T.
>
>Thanks for the views.
>
>FP

My view is that you should have your dosage of medications adjusted by a doctor that is familiar
with all of the medications you take and your medical history. Please don't rely on the advice of
people on the internet when it comes to medical matters.

I know you have said that it costs a lot for you to see a physician but it could cost you a lot more
if you mess with your medications and cause some sort of medical episode to occur. It seems like you
do see a number of different physicians so I would make sure that they all were aware of everything
the other doctor is doing.

Terri

http://pub219.ezboard.com/btinnitusactivismandsupport

[email protected] wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2004 20:39:08 -0800, [email protected] (francispoon) wrote:
>
> >My tinnitus came out in the process of changing my high blood pressure medication from
> >exclusively calcium channel blocker to a combination approach which included diurectics, beta-
> >blocker and calcium channel blocker. I am not suggesting any casual relationship but i think
> >there is an element of a correlational relationship here. Now, the diurectics is off and i have
> >been feeling a lot better. Others could call this 'imaginary' but my own experience has been that
> >my T has improved significantly upon the cessation of hydrochloridediazide.
> >
> >Yesterday, a doctor in the neurology department suggested to use blood vessel dilator to help the
> >blood circulation in my head. Currently i am using 5mg of Plendil and 5 mg of a beta=blocker. I
> >wonder if i just sticked to 10 mg of Plendil or calcium channel blocker only and do away with the
> >beta=blocker, i could increase the blood vessel dilating effect of my hbp medication in order to
> >help my T.
> >
> >Thanks for the views.
> >
> >FP
>
> My view is that you should have your dosage of medications adjusted by a doctor that is familiar
> with all of the medications you take and your medical history. Please don't rely on the advice of
> people on the internet when it comes to medical matters.
>
> I know you have said that it costs a lot for you to see a physician but it could cost you a lot
> more if you mess with your medications and cause some sort of medical episode to occur. It seems
> like you do see a number of different physicians so I would make sure that they all were aware of
> everything the other doctor is doing.
>
> Terri
>
> http://pub219.ezboard.com/btinnitusactivismandsupport

Right! I listened to an "internet doctor" once. JUST once. I'll never trust doctor O.G.
Whattaschnozzle again. ;-)

> On 28 Feb 2004 20:39:08 -0800, [email protected] (francispoon) wrote:
>
> >My tinnitus came out in the process of changing my high blood pressure medication from
> >exclusively calcium channel blocker to a combination approach which included diurectics, beta-
> >blocker and calcium channel blocker. I am not suggesting any casual relationship but i think
> >there is an element of a correlational relationship here. Now, the diurectics is off and i have
> >been feeling a lot better. Others could call this 'imaginary' but my own experience has been that
> >my T has improved significantly upon the cessation of hydrochloridediazide.
> >
> >Yesterday, a doctor in the neurology department suggested to use blood vessel dilator to help the
> >blood circulation in my head. Currently i am using 5mg of Plendil and 5 mg of a beta=blocker. I
> >wonder if i just sticked to 10 mg of Plendil or calcium channel blocker only and do away with the
> >beta=blocker, i could increase the blood vessel dilating effect of my hbp medication in order to
> >help my T.
> >
> >Thanks for the views.
> >
> >FP
>
> My view is that you should have your dosage of medications adjusted by a doctor that is familiar
> with all of the medications you take and your medical history. Please don't rely on the advice of
> people on the internet when it comes to medical matters.

Thank you. But i will bring the points back to my doctor and let them make the decision for me. My
doctor has already adjusted my regimen into a combination of two, which will unlikely produce T.

FP
====================================

> I know you have said that it costs a lot for you to see a physician but it could cost you a lot
> more if you mess with your medications and cause some sort of medical episode to occur. It seems
> like you do see a number of different physicians so I would make sure that they all were aware of
> everything the other doctor is doing.
>
> Terri
>

> http://pub219.ezboard.com/btinnitusactivismandsupport

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 02:46:40 GMT, Albee Kuminova <"Albee
Kuminova"@Yawwhoo.com> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>> On 28 Feb 2004 20:39:08 -0800, [email protected] (francispoon) wrote:
>>
>> >My tinnitus came out in the process of changing my high blood pressure medication from
>> >exclusively calcium channel blocker to a combination approach which included diurectics, beta-
>> >blocker and calcium channel blocker. I am not suggesting any casual relationship but i think
>> >there is an element of a correlational relationship here. Now, the diurectics is off and i have
>> >been feeling a lot better. Others could call this 'imaginary' but my own experience has been
>> >that my T has improved significantly upon the cessation of hydrochloridediazide.
>> >
>> >Yesterday, a doctor in the neurology department suggested to use blood vessel dilator to help
>> >the blood circulation in my head. Currently i am using 5mg of Plendil and 5 mg of a
>> >beta=blocker. I wonder if i just sticked to 10 mg of Plendil or calcium channel blocker only and
>> >do away with the beta=blocker, i could increase the blood vessel dilating effect of my hbp
>> >medication in order to help my T.
>> >
>> >Thanks for the views.
>> >
>> >FP
>>
>> My view is that you should have your dosage of medications adjusted by a doctor that is familiar
>> with all of the medications you take and your medical history. Please don't rely on the advice of
>> people on the internet when it comes to medical matters.
>>
>> I know you have said that it costs a lot for you to see a physician but it could cost you a lot
>> more if you mess with your medications and cause some sort of medical episode to occur. It seems
>> like you do see a number of different physicians so I would make sure that they all were aware of
>> everything the other doctor is doing.
>>
>> Terri
>>
>> http://pub219.ezboard.com/btinnitusactivismandsupport
>

>Right! I listened to an "internet doctor" once. JUST once. I'll never trust doctor O.G.
>Whattaschnozzle again. ;-)

That's a good one.

Unfortunately on this ng there are several doctors that give medical advice to people they don't
examine and the danger is that people that are unable or unwilling to see their own physicians to
get a real medical opinion might actually take what is written here as a relevant medical opinion
with respect to their case.