High definition bike racing videos

David Henderson

Mar 14, 2010
Hello Everyone:
http://myworldfromabicycle.blogspot.com/
My name is David Henderson, and I am trying an experiment this year. I have created a video blog that will feature strictly cycling and cycling related video. In particular I plan on videoing most, if not all of my races in high definition, and edit them down for viewability. And I would like to video interesting bicycling trails or routes as possible.

See: http://myworldfromabicycle.blogspot.com/ to see what I am talking about. I would appreciate any input that could improve my product (namely video and cycling). This completely free to everyone (but myself), so please view, share, and suggest viable ideas.

Happy cycling everybody!

Regards,
David Henderson

frenchyge said:
Cool blog and nice win! Are you planning any racing near KC this year?

Frenchyge: Thanks for commenting on my blog and win. I am definately planning on racing in KC this year. The Tour of Kansas City is Aug 6 thru 8, 2010. I raced it last year, both the Master's and the Pro I-II both days. One of the courses was closed for construction. Those are great courses. Actually the night race wasn't my favorite. It would rule out videoing!:rolleyes:

Have fun cycling! See ya at the races!

Regards,
David Henderson

cyberlegend1994 said:
Welcome aboard, nice blog. Would you mind linking back to here from your blog?

Sure, I don't see why not. This is a hell of a site for supporting cycling!

It's there dude!

Regards,
David Henderson:)

David Henderson said:
Sure, I don't see why not. This is a hell of a site for supporting cycling!

Thanks for the link back mate! Great videos, what sort of camera set up do you have?

steve said:
Thanks for the link back mate! Great videos, what sort of camera set up do you have?

HD Hero. Check goprocamera.com for full info. Great camera for the price.
Regards,
David Henderson:)

Nice flicks, but they seem to be cropped. Is the viewer set at correct aspect ratio?

randochap said:
Nice flicks, but they seem to be cropped. Is the viewer set at correct aspect ratio?

Thanks randochap: I checked to video and saw exactly what you meant. It does indeed have black unused areas on the smaller views, but when I select the albsolute largestest view, my monitor is 100% video (nothing but HD bike video).

I'm not even close to a video expert, but I believe I have the correct aspect ratio. To be honest it has been a painful, time consuming process to get to the point that I am at currently. This is probably the best video quality that I can or will produce.

Thanks for watching and commenting.

Enjoy some cycling whenever possible.

Regards,
David Henderson

Like the blog and the videos. I added a link to your blog on mine.
I have been considering doing the same of adding video to some of our rides.

David Henderson said:
Thanks randochap: I checked to video and saw exactly what you meant. It does indeed have black unused areas on the smaller views, but when I select the albsolute largestest view, my monitor is 100% video (nothing but HD bike video).

I think he's talking about the fact that the text titles in certain places on the videos are cut off on the edges, making it appear that we are not seeing the full-width picture. My guess is that your video editing softare is defaulting to a 16:9 aspect ratio for HD or DVD quality output, whereas the viewer is looking for a standard TV or web aspect ratio.

frenchyge said:
I think he's talking about the fact that the text titles in certain places on the videos are cut off on the edges, making it appear that we are not seeing the full-width picture. My guess is that your video editing softare is defaulting to a 16:9 aspect ratio for HD or DVD quality output, whereas the viewer is looking for a standard TV or web aspect ratio.

That's my guess. If the wrong setting was used at creation, I believe the whole video would be compressed to fit. The viewer does look like a standard aspect ratio which would cut off the ends.

Hello David,
Just wanted to say that I saw the link to this site on your site. So thanks. Very informative for a newbie like my self trying to learn. I have also spread the word of your site to a few of my enthusiast buddies that I ride with around the Farmington area from the Parkland Cyclist club. Keep up the good work.
John

Hello race fans: If you love bicycles and bicycle racing, please view my high definition race footage of the Great Forest Park Bicycle Race that I filmed, won and edited down for your viewing pleasure. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYAHLP9xoms]YouTube - Forest Park Masters 2010.m2t[/ame]
or the blogsite: My world from a bicycle
Regards,
David Henderson