High-end Fluid Trainer

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Don, Dec 27, 2005.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    I'm looking for advice on a high-end indoor fluid trainer; one that I
    can hook up to my PC to do virtual rides, continual training, and such.
    I've looked at two brands: CycleOps and TraveTrac Real Axiom from
    Performance Bike. While money is not an issue I do want to keep it
    under $1000. Any experience with these, or advice with others?

    Tags:

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Don wrote:
    > I'm looking for advice on a high-end indoor fluid trainer; one that I
    > can hook up to my PC to do virtual rides, continual training, and such.
    > I've looked at two brands: CycleOps and TraveTrac Real Axiom from
    > Performance Bike. While money is not an issue I do want to keep it
    > under $1000. Any experience with these, or advice with others?

    I don't know of any fluid trainer that you can hook up to a computer to do
    "virtual" rides. With the exception of the high-end Tacx models (which are
    motor-driven) the trainers that either measure or control load are
    electromagnetic.

    If you're not wedded to the virtual stuff, you might consider getting an
    on-bike power meter and a regular cheap trainer.

  3. Robert Chung wrote:
    > With the exception of the high-end Tacx models (which are
    > motor-driven) the trainers that

    Forget full Lance kit, this is the ultimate fredly fattie attribute: a
    motor-driven trainer.

    --
    E. Dronkert

  4. Talking about fatties training, did you happen to notice
    the ad that Elite have been running to promote their trainers?

    The one with the Fattie in the WereldKampioen jersey passing
    the bottle to a guy in a Yellow jersey.

    I thought it was sorta cute
    --
    Le vent a Dos
    Davey Crockett

  5. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    Davey Crockett wrote:
    > Talking about fatties training, did you happen to notice
    > the ad that Elite have been running to promote their trainers?
    >
    > The one with the Fattie in the WereldKampioen jersey passing
    > the bottle to a guy in a Yellow jersey.

    To be honest, I didn't get it....

    Dan

  6. Unfortunately you need to actually see the ad to appreciate the humour
    --
    Le vent a Dos
    Davey Crockett

  7. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    Davey Crockett wrote:
    > Unfortunately you need to actually see the ad to appreciate the humour

    I did see it :).

  8. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > Robert Chung wrote:
    >> With the exception of the high-end Tacx models (which are
    >> motor-driven) the trainers that

    > Forget full Lance kit, this is the ultimate fredly fattie attribute: a
    > motor-driven trainer.

    I'm not sure it would be "ultimate" unless you combined it with
    www.tacx-video.com and the steering frame.

  9. Is it visible online? I can't even find a website for them.

    --Blair

  10. [email protected] wrote:
    > Is it visible online? I can't even find a website for them.

    Go to <http://www.google.com/>, enter "tacx" in the text box, click the
    "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.

    --
    E. Dronkert

  11. I looked all over that site and didn't see the ad...nor any mention of
    Elite...

    --Blair

  12. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest