high five and a tip

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penny S.

Penny S. Guest

Tip first: if you put your gear on the hood of the car instead of the roof, you will be less likely
    to drive off with not putting it away. Not that I did that, but as I was sitting in the drivers seat
    changing my shoes, I saw the pack right there and I just thought that I was being very clever
    without even knowing it.

high five:

anyone remember this switchback? www.cet.com/~pennys/images/switchbackgals.jpg

There are two of them.. I rode UP them both today, first time ever, woo hoo

Penny

Tags:

2. Ctg

Ctg Guest

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Tip first: if you put your gear on the hood of the car instead of the
    roof,
    > you will be less likely to drive off with not putting it away. Not that I did that, but as I was
    > sitting in the drivers seat changing my shoes, I
    saw
    > the pack right there and I just thought that I was being very clever
    without
    > even knowing it.

But then when would we ever get to buy new stuff that goes crashing to the pavement. So far I got a
    new helmet that way.

Chris
    >
    > high five:
    >
    > anyone remember this switchback? www.cet.com/~pennys/images/switchbackgals.jpg
    >
    > There are two of them.. I rode UP them both today, first time ever, woo
    hoo
    >
    > Penny

3. Bb

Bb Guest

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:02:27 -0700, Penny S. wrote:

> anyone remember this switchback? www.cet.com/~pennys/images/switchbackgals.jpg

Should we? Anyway, the trees are taking an awful lean in that picture; need to get your cameraperson
    to line up the camera with the trees so it looks as steep as it really is...not that it doesn't look
    damn steep already!

> There are two of them.. I rode UP them both today, first time ever, woo hoo

Good job! I wish I was doing half the riding that you've been lately.

--
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

4. Penny says:

>There are two of them.. I rode UP them both today, first time ever, woo hoo

WooHoo for sure - good going!

Steve

5. Penny S.

Penny S. Guest

BB wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:02:27 -0700, Penny S. wrote:
    >
    >> anyone remember this switchback? www.cet.com/~pennys/images/switchbackgals.jpg
    >
    > Should we? Anyway, the trees are taking an awful lean in that picture; need to get your
    > cameraperson to line up the camera with the trees so it looks as steep as it really is...not that
    > it doesn't look damn steep already!
    >

Oh, you are right. But you only have to turn your head a tiny bit. I posted that photo last year,
    but I thought it would be a goo illustration. The camera person is me, but you knew that.

penny

6. Technician

Technician Guest

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Tip first: if you put your gear on the hood of the car instead of the roof, you will be less
    > likely to drive off with not putting it away. Not that I did that, but as I was sitting in the
    > drivers seat changing my shoes, I saw the pack right there and I just thought that I was being
    > very clever without even knowing it.
    >
    > high five:
    >
    >
    >
    > Penny
    >
    >
    >
    >

Ahh switchbacks, i can think of a local hill-side that could be much better with a switchback,
    rather than trying to climb up a 80% - 90% grade.

I hope there is some sunshine tomorrow as i left my bike on the trunk rack, and now it is raining. I
    fear the seat could be a little moist the next ride (kind of a fake gel with imitation suede
    covering, or something).

Guess _somebody_ didn't want to share the "Great Big Glowing Yellow Thing" spoke of in
    another post. ;-)

~Travis
    --
    To reply by email, remove clothes.

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronic, Owner/Founder/Developer
    (current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)

7. Bb

Bb Guest

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:05:29 -0700, Penny S. wrote:

> Oh, you are right. But you only have to turn your head a tiny bit. I posted that photo last year,
    > but I thought it would be a goo illustration. The camera person is me, but you knew that.

Oh, I thought that was you in the background holding what looked suspiciously like a Kona. That's
    what I get for trashing the "cameraperson". :)

--
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

8. ..::Tbf::..

..::Tbf::.. Guest

--
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Tip first: if you put your gear on the hood of the car instead of the
    roof,
    > you will be less likely to drive off with not putting it away. Not that I did that, but as I was
    > sitting in the drivers seat changing my shoes, I
    saw
    > the pack right there and I just thought that I was being very clever
    without
    > even knowing it.
    >
    > high five:
    >
    >
    > There are two of them.. I rode UP them both today, first time ever, woo
    hoo
    >
    > Penny
    >
    >
    >

Cute coupl'a gals

9. Penny S.

Penny S. Guest

BB wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:05:29 -0700, Penny S. wrote:
    >
    >> Oh, you are right. But you only have to turn your head a tiny bit. I posted that photo last year,
    >> but I thought it would be a good illustration. The camera person is me, but you knew that.
    >
    > Oh, I thought that was you in the background holding what looked suspiciously like a Kona. That's
    > what I get for trashing the "cameraperson". :)

Nope, Larae aka Cutie Pie in the foreground, Shelly aka Kamikaze #1 in the foreground.
    www.cet.com/~pennys/images/switchbackgals.jpg

penny

10. Jd

Jd Guest

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Tip first: if you put your gear on the hood of the car instead of the roof, you will be less
    > likely to drive off with not putting it away. Not that I did that, but as I was sitting in the
    > drivers seat changing my shoes, I saw the pack right there and I just thought that I was being
    > very clever without even knowing it.

I've always been a hood, ever since I lost a wetsuit in about 1978.

> high five:
    >
    >

Well done. Now get your SS out there.

JD

11. JD says:

>Well done. Now get your SS out there.
    >
    >

That SS would be "Sweet Self", I assume, unlessPenny has picked up another bike while I wasn't
    listening.

;-)

Steve

12. Bill Wheeler

Bill Wheeler Guest

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:02:27 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Tip first: if you put your gear on the hood of the car instead of the roof, you will be less likely
    >to drive off with not putting it away. Not that I did that, but as I was sitting in the drivers
    >seat changing my shoes, I saw the pack right there and I just thought that I was being very clever
    >without even knowing it.
    >
    >high five:
    >
    >anyone remember this switchback? www.cet.com/~pennys/images/switchbackgals.jpg
    >
    >There are two of them.. I rode UP them both today, first time ever, woo hoo
    >
    >Penny
    >
    >
    Good job, nice tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill(wish I'd thought of that) Wheeler The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than
    as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of
    the world.
    :-]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.