High Much Vitamin C?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Larry Gray, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Larry Gray

    Larry Gray Guest

    Hello, I've been taking large amounts of vitamin C for a chronic prostate infection. I took 6 grams
    a day the first week, and was symptom free for several days. The second week I doubled the dose,
    which helped for awhile. It's now been three weeks at 12 grams a day, and my symptoms are returning.
    Should I increase the dose further? I have not experience any loose bowels or gas, in fact I'm still
    slightly constipated (although not as bad as I am without the vitamin C).

    Thanks, Larry

    Tags:

  2. Ear Rings

    Ear Rings Guest

    Try real, pure cranberry juice from a health food store for UTI.

    Not the drink crap! It has to be pure! If you can drink it easily it is mixed with some sugar based
    ingredient.

    I believe ascorbic acid is not very good for UTI infections because of the pH. Somebody confirm.

    "Larry Gray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello, I've been taking large amounts of vitamin C for a chronic prostate infection. I took 6
    > grams a day the first week, and was symptom free for several days. The second week I doubled the
    > dose, which helped for awhile. It's now been three weeks at 12 grams a day, and my symptoms are
    returning.
    > Should I increase the dose further? I have not experience any loose bowels or gas, in fact I'm
    > still slightly constipated (although not as bad as I
    am
    > without the vitamin C).
    >
    > Thanks, Larry

  3. taurusrc

    taurusrc Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:38:49 GMT, "Ear Rings" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Try real, pure cranberry juice from a health food store for UTI.
    >
    >Not the drink crap! It has to be pure! If you can drink it easily it is mixed with some sugar based
    >ingredient.
    >
    >I believe ascorbic acid is not very good for UTI infections because of the pH. Somebody confirm.

    It works once or twice. But I have to keep taking it.

    Ora

  4. Ear Rings

    Ear Rings Guest

    L-Lysine will also bost your immune system and help fight off infections.

    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:38:49 GMT, "Ear Rings" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Try real, pure cranberry juice from a health food store for UTI.
    > >
    > >Not the drink crap! It has to be pure! If you can drink it easily it is mixed with some sugar
    > >based ingredient.
    > >
    > >I believe ascorbic acid is not very good for UTI infections because of
    the
    > >pH. Somebody confirm.
    > >
    > It works once or twice. But I have to keep taking it.
    >
    > Ora

  5. Doe

    Doe Guest

    >Subject: High Much Vitamin C?
    >From: "Larry Gray" [email protected]
    >Date: 1/30/2004 5:18 PM Mountain Standard Time
    >
    >Hello, I've been taking large amounts of vitamin C for a chronic prostate infection. I took 6 grams
    >a day the first week, and was symptom free for several days. The second week I doubled the dose,
    >which helped for awhile. It's now been three weeks at 12 grams a day, and my symptoms are
    >returning. Should I increase the dose further? I have not experience any loose bowels or gas, in
    >fact I'm still slightly constipated (although not as bad as I am without the vitamin C).
    >
    >Thanks, Larry

    Linus Pauling was taking 20 grams a day when he died at 93.

    You are supposed to take the vitamin C in increasing amounts until you get the runs and then cut
    back until you no longer .. get .. the .. runs.

    Who loves ya. Tom

    Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
    http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

  6. Ear Rings

    Ear Rings Guest

    I did that flush thing back many years ago with mineral ascorbates and the result?... Even 500mg
    gives me the shits now!

    "doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >Subject: High Much Vitamin C? From: "Larry Gray" [email protected] Date: 1/30/2004 5:18 PM
    > >Mountain Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    > >
    > >Hello, I've been taking large amounts of vitamin C for a chronic prostate infection. I took 6
    > >grams a day the first week, and was symptom free for several days. The second week I doubled the
    > >dose, which helped for
    awhile.
    > >It's now been three weeks at 12 grams a day, and my symptoms are
    returning.
    > >Should I increase the dose further? I have not experience any loose
    bowels
    > >or gas, in fact I'm still slightly constipated (although not as bad as I
    am
    > >without the vitamin C).
    > >
    > >Thanks, Larry
    >
    > Linus Pauling was taking 20 grams a day when he died at 93.
    >
    > You are supposed to take the vitamin C in increasing amounts until you get
    the
    > runs and then cut back until you no longer .. get .. the .. runs.
    >
    > Who loves ya. Tom
    >
    > Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
    > http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

  7. Joe User

    Joe User Guest

    [email protected] (doe) wrote:
    > Linus Pauling was taking 20 grams a day when he died at 93.

    Proof that large doses of vitamin C can be fatal. :)

    (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

  8. "Ear Rings" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Try real, pure cranberry juice from a health food store for UTI.
    >
    > Not the drink crap! It has to be pure! If you can drink it easily it is mixed with some sugar
    > based ingredient.
    >
    > I believe ascorbic acid is not very good for UTI infections because of the pH. Somebody confirm.

    It is the other way round, at least as a preventative. The lower pH is less favorable for the
    microorganisms that cause UTIs.

    > "Larry Gray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello, I've been taking large amounts of vitamin C for a chronic prostate infection. I took 6
    > > grams a day the first week, and was symptom free for several days. The second week I doubled the
    > > dose, which helped for
    awhile.
    > > It's now been three weeks at 12 grams a day, and my symptoms are
    > returning.
    > > Should I increase the dose further? I have not experience any loose
    bowels
    > > or gas, in fact I'm still slightly constipated (although not as bad as I
    > am
    > > without the vitamin C).
    > >
    > > Thanks, Larry

  9. "doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >Subject: High Much Vitamin C? From: "Larry Gray" [email protected] Date: 1/30/2004 5:18 PM
    > >Mountain Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    > >
    > >Hello, I've been taking large amounts of vitamin C for a chronic prostate infection. I took 6
    > >grams a day the first week, and was symptom free for several days. The second week I doubled the
    > >dose, which helped for
    awhile.
    > >It's now been three weeks at 12 grams a day, and my symptoms are
    returning.
    > >Should I increase the dose further? I have not experience any loose
    bowels
    > >or gas, in fact I'm still slightly constipated (although not as bad as I
    am
    > >without the vitamin C).
    > >
    > >Thanks, Larry
    >
    > Linus Pauling was taking 20 grams a day when he died at 93.
    >
    > You are supposed to take the vitamin C in increasing amounts until you get
    the
    > runs and then cut back until you no longer .. get .. the .. runs.

    I tried high "Pauling level" doses when I was young. I got not only the runs and gas but
    also polyuria.

  10. Beni Kafe

    Beni Kafe Guest

    "Larry Gray" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello, I've been taking large amounts of vitamin C for a chronic prostate infection. I took 6
    > grams a day the first week, and was symptom free for several days. The second week I doubled the
    > dose, which helped for awhile. It's now been three weeks at 12 grams a day, and my symptoms are
    > returning. Should I increase the dose further? I have not experience any loose bowels or gas, in
    > fact I'm still slightly constipated (although not as bad as I am without the vitamin C).

    You should reach bowl tolerance in order to deal with the inflammation. Since your condition
    dictates at what amount it will happen you should continue until you reach this amount. I did it
    many times when ill or having inflammation of all kinds, reaching in severe cases to 50-60 grams a
    day.The cure is optimal only when you reach bowl tolerance. beni.

  11. Once upon a time, our fellow beni kafe rambled on about "Re: High Much Vitamin C?." Our champion De-
    Medicalizing in sci.med.nutrition retorts, thusly ...

    >The cure is optimal only when you reach bowl tolerance.

    That is total nonsense.
    --
    John Gohde,
    Feeling Great and Better than Ever!

    Natural therapy is the treatment method used by advocates of natural
    health.
    http://tutorials.naturalhealthperspective.com/natural-therapy.html

  12. "Joe User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (doe) wrote:
    > > Linus Pauling was taking 20 grams a day when he died at 93.
    >
    > Proof that large doses of vitamin C can be fatal. :)
    >
    > (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

    Joe User is a Fool.

    Pauling a former smoker who quit around age 50 and lived to age 93. You'll be lucky to make it to
    age 76. He made it to age 93 despite loving to barbeque meat which is a rich source of PAHs and
    PCAAs......carcinogens.

    I couldn't resist either..........William A. Noyes

  13. "[email protected] D." <[email protected][email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "William A. Noyes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Joe User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > Proof that large doses of vitamin C can be fatal. :)
    > > >
    > > > (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
    > >
    > > Joe User is a Fool.
    >
    > Actually, I thought it was a pretty good gag.
    >
    > M.

    Actually you fart rather than think.....just a gag ho ho.

  14. "[email protected] D." <[email protected][email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "William A. Noyes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Joe User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > Proof that large doses of vitamin C can be fatal. :)
    > > >
    > > > (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
    > >
    > > Joe User is a Fool.
    >
    > Actually, I thought it was a pretty good gag.

    Joe's comment is as old and stale as the dihydrogen oxide gag/comment.

    > M.

  15. Another twat for the killfile...

    M.

    "William A. Noyes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "[email protected] D." <[email protected][email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > winn.server.ntli.net...
    > > "William A. Noyes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Joe User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > Joe User is a Fool.
    > >
    > > Actually, I thought it was a pretty good gag.
    > >
    > > M.
    >
    > Actually you fart rather than think.....just a gag ho ho.

  16. I would be honored and pleased to be in your killfile. You would be in my killfile, but I quit
    killfiling anyone except spammers and virus spreaders.

    With similar feeling..............William A. Noyes

    Did he just unilaterally disarm? Hmmm..........