Hi all. I just got test results back and my platelet level
is too high. What does this mean?

Thanks, Lisa

On 5 Jun 2004 19:59:03 -0700, [email protected] (Lisa) wrote:

>Hi all. I just got test results back and my platelet level
>is too high. What does this mean?

It means you have more platelets than most people do.

Honestly, without knowing your age, medical history,
medications you take, current symptoms, or even why you had
blood tests in the first place, how could we possibly have
any clue what your test results mean?

In general, elevated platelet counts are harmless. Some
doctors think they indicate a prothrombotic state and treat
with aspirin.

PF

On 2004-06-05 22:59:03 -0400, [email protected] (Lisa) said:

> Hi all. I just got test results back and my platelet level
> is too high. What does this mean?

What did your doctor say it meant?