high racers spread-legged position

according to the spec of the bachetta corsa, the seat height is 24
inches. I tried to set my office chair to that height but the
adjustment only allows up to 22 inches. Anyway at 22 inches i can still
reach the ground flatfooted, but when i try to simulate one leg on the
ground and one leg on the pedals, which would be the situation when
you're stopped at a traffic light, i find that i'm forced into a
spread-legged position. I can imagine to motorists this awkward
position might look anywhere from hilarious to obscene. what do you
think?

<[email protected]> wrote
> [...] bachetta corsa
> [...] one leg on the ground and one leg on the pedals
> [...] forced into a spread-legged position.

In your simulation, did you consider the seat recline
and the width of the seat base?

I have a Voale Sport with similar seat and crank height
to the Corsa. At stop, the tilt of the bike is minimal,--
just enough so that the bike won't tip to the "leg up" side.
Any "leg spread" is mainly vertical.

> I can imagine to motorists this awkward position might
> look anywhere from hilarious to obscene. what do you
> think?

I think I haven't previously thought about it. Not that I
care much what motorist think in this regard, but it's
not much of an issue in my experience.

These bikes are not "ordinary",-- and likewise not
"ordinary" are the body positions while riding or stopped.
Vive la différence.

Jon Meinecke

>>I can imagine to motorists this awkward position might
>>look anywhere from hilarious to obscene. what do you
>>think?

> I think I haven't previously thought about it. Not that I
> care much what motorist think in this regard, but it's
> not much of an issue in my experience.

As long as you aren't wearing a kilt and don't go regimental. It should
be ok.
--
support free enterprise
oppose subsidized enterprise

corporate propaganda on tv is not news

Reply to [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I picked up a utilikilt (http://utilikilt.com/) today. I haven't tried
riding the recumbent with the kilt yet. I may keep you posted (provided I am
not locked away for indecent exposure.)

William Higley, Sr.
Vision R-50
RANS Rocket