High5

rayner

Nov 1, 2003
Just wondering if anyone here had used high5 products and if so what are your experiences with them. Good, bad or ugly? Taste good or bad? I've always just been into bananas and water but I've paid for it a couple of times more than i'd like and I want to try a few things. Any feedback would be great, thanks.

Great stuff and tastes good too. It is a European product and consequently is very expensive to purchase in the States. I use Cytomax due to the affordability, but prefer High 5 energy drink.

isdsms said:
Great stuff and tastes good too. It is a European product and consequently is very expensive to purchase in the States. I use Cytomax due to the affordability, but prefer High 5 energy drink.
i used to use high when i was weight training, helped me keep the weights going and beable to repair enough to workout the following day.

i now just use a high carb drink, but add that little extra dextrose to it plus it makes the creatine monohydrate taste that little better since its horrid taste is masked by the sweetness of the drink :) ,

closesupport said:
i used to use high when i was weight training, helped me keep the weights going and beable to repair enough to workout the following day.

i now just use a high carb drink, but add that little extra dextrose to it plus it makes the creatine monohydrate taste that little better since its horrid taste is masked by the sweetness of the drink :) ,

So the high5 drink tastes alright though? Thanks for the reply.

I used High5 too. I love the stuff and tastes good and sits easy on the stomach while on the move as it has a very mild flavour. It's real cheap too about 7pound for I think 11Ltrs. I have now moved to GO>>> as it's more economical as you can get 23Ltrs for 16Pound but all isotonic drinks are essentialy the same it's just people preference.

I would recommend HIGH5 to anyone having a problem with aspartame content in energy/isotonic flavoured powder drinks. HIGH5 uses maltodextrin, sucrose and fructose as the carb providers. It also uses small amounts of trisodium citrate (lactic buffer) which helps with high intensity anaerobic training/racing. The flavouring is also IMO the best I've tasted with SIS powder drinks coming in second. I am after some cyctomax as I have not tried this but have heard good reports(re: lactate buffers).