highest drop off/jump?

Nibbles

Guest
anyone know of the highest drop off/jump to date? any pics anywhere? ive seen some high ones b4, the
highest i saw was 8m...

ya gotta have balls for that

nibbles

nibbles wrote:
> anyone know of the highest drop off/jump to date? any pics anywhere? ive seen some high ones b4,
> the highest i saw was 8m...
>
> ya gotta have balls for that
>
> nibbles

you mean where they survived with no injury?

penny

"nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> anyone know of the highest drop off/jump to date? any pics anywhere? ive seen some high ones b4,
> the highest i saw was 8m...
>
> ya gotta have balls for that
>
> nibbles

Not sure, but I think the biggest I've seen is the drop pictured on the cover of Disorder III
Freewheel Burning http://www.freeride-entertainment.com That thing is so sick and the landing will
make you.....well you need to see it to believe
it....way more than 8m, probably in the neighborhood of 13m....shoot I dunno know maybe more...it's
frig'n gargantuan!!!

I think there might be some footage of it on the downloadable teaser. Awesome flick!
--
Slacker

"nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> anyone know of the highest drop off/jump to date? any pics anywhere? ive seen some high ones b4,
> the highest i saw was 8m...

ask in alt.bike.flop

> ya gotta have balls for that

ya gotta have no sense for that

Watch all of the floppers last and last...NOT. I'd bet that none of them last half as long as Evel
Knievel and he was the original flopper.

JD grimacing every time I pass Caesar's Palace

news:CIPda.16502$S%[email protected]...
> "nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > anyone know of the highest drop off/jump to date? any pics anywhere? ive seen some high ones b4,
> > the highest i saw was 8m...
> >
> > ya gotta have balls for that
> >
> > nibbles
>

> Not sure, but I think the biggest I've seen is the drop pictured on the
cover of Disorder III Freewheel Burning
> http://www.freeride-entertainment.com That thing is so sick and the
landing will make you.....well you need to see it to believe
> it....way more than 8m, probably in the neighborhood of 13m....shoot I
dunno know maybe more...it's frig'n gargantuan!!!

> I think there might be some footage of it on the downloadable teaser.
Awesome flick!
> --
> Slacker

The beauty of the footage in the video is the truck you could see in the photo. If you see the film,
you get a better shot of the truck. From afar the truck looks like a full-size pickup. But noooooo,
it's a tricked out mid-size 33,000 GVW commercial series type truck (don't know the make) and it
makes the drop look smaller than it is.

Fun to watch, not worth the recovery time to try...

Lance

> nibbles wrote:
> > anyone know of the highest drop off/jump to date? any pics anywhere? ive seen some high ones b4,
> > the highest i saw was 8m...
>
> A lot more than 8m - hell, I did about 8m on a hard tail.
>
> The current largest drop, I believe, is 1166 metres by Mat Hoffman.

Executed with a double backflip I believe.

On a different level (i.e. without a parachute), Mats highest air on a quarter-pipe is around 28
foot above the deck of a 24ft tall ramp. So thats a 28 foot drop, into a vertical landing, on a
rigid bike, with no brakes: http://www.teampain.com/painprivate-9_5.html

Steve E.

> l think you mean 11.66 meters 1166 meters is more than 1/2 a mile thats some drop

heh Small Black Dog

"nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> anyone know of the highest drop off/jump to date? any pics anywhere? ive seen some high ones b4,
> the highest i saw was 8m...
>
> ya gotta have balls for that
>
> nibbles

Bender tried a 65 foot drop (the jaw drop in camaloops BC 0 in new world disorder 1 and 2 he didn't
make it not sure what the highest is that he's made.

AL

www.abracing.org

"nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> anyone know of the highest drop off/jump to date? any pics anywhere? ive seen some high ones b4,
> the highest i saw was 8m...
>
> ya gotta have balls for that
>
> nibbles

Dunno about the highest but...

Go to http://www.pinkbike.com scroll down to find the "Russ Morrell hits 30 foot drop on a Hardtail"
and download the vid clip. Mmmmmm....smooooth.

Mike

> "nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > anyone know of the highest drop off/jump to date? any pics anywhere? ive seen some high ones b4,
> > the highest i saw was 8m...
> >
> > ya gotta have balls for that
> >
> > nibbles
> >

> Dunno about the highest but...
>
> Go to http://www.pinkbike.com scroll down to find the "Russ Morrell hits 30 foot drop on a
> Hardtail" and download the vid clip. Mmmmmm....smooooth.
>
> Mike

SOB....that looked like me ;^ )
--
Slacker

news:_ySea.22928$S%[email protected]...
> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > "nibbles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > anyone know of the highest drop off/jump to date? any pics anywhere? ive seen some high ones
> > > b4, the highest i saw was 8m...
> > >
> > > ya gotta have balls for that
> > >
> > > nibbles
> > >

> > Dunno about the highest but...
> >
> > Go to http://www.pinkbike.com scroll down to find the "Russ Morrell hits
30
> > foot drop on a Hardtail" and download the vid clip. Mmmmmm....smooooth.
> >
> > Mike
>

> SOB....that looked like me ;^ )
> --
> Slacker

Uhhhuh...you sure you got the right link? ;^)

Mike