Highest tarmac

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Graham Hughes, Jan 28, 2003.

  1. Can anyone tell me the highest public road in England? I have it as Holme Moss in the Peak district
    at 525 metres. Is this correct?

    Graham H

    Tags:

  2. W K

    W K Guest

    > "Graham Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Can anyone tell me the highest public road in England? I have it as Holme Moss in the Peak
    > > district at 525 metres. Is this correct?
    >
    > Someone suggested this one, near alston. 100m higher!
    >
    > http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=379760&Y=543200&A=Y&Z=3

    The 609m spot height just north of there is on the C2C, I think it is the highest point on the C2C.

    Colin

    > "Graham Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Can anyone tell me the highest public road in England? I have it as Holme Moss in the Peak
    > > district at 525 metres. Is this correct?
    >
    > Someone suggested this one, near alston. 100m higher!
    >
    > http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=379760&Y=543200&A=Y&Z=3

    The 609m spot height just north of there is on the C2C, I think it is the highest point on the C2C.

    Colin

  5. Neil D

    Neil D Guest

    "Graham Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone tell me the highest public road in England? I have it as Holme Moss in the Peak
    > district at 525 metres. Is this correct?
    >
    > Graham H

    Chapel Fell 627 Unc Langdon Beck-St Johns Chapel os91/92 Kilhope Cross 627 A689 Nenthead Weardale
    os86/87 NY7040 Swinhope Head 607 Unc Newbiggin-Westgate os91/92 NY8030 Black Hill 609 Unc
    Nenthead-Allendale os86/87 NY8040