Highest tarmac

Graham Hughes

Guest
Can anyone tell me the highest public road in England? I have it as Holme Moss in the Peak district
at 525 metres. Is this correct?

Graham H

> "Graham Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Can anyone tell me the highest public road in England? I have it as Holme Moss in the Peak
> > district at 525 metres. Is this correct?
>
> Someone suggested this one, near alston. 100m higher!
>
> http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=379760&Y=543200&A=Y&Z=3

The 609m spot height just north of there is on the C2C, I think it is the highest point on the C2C.

Colin

> "Graham Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Can anyone tell me the highest public road in England? I have it as Holme Moss in the Peak
> > district at 525 metres. Is this correct?
>
> Someone suggested this one, near alston. 100m higher!
>
> http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=379760&Y=543200&A=Y&Z=3

The 609m spot height just north of there is on the C2C, I think it is the highest point on the C2C.

Colin

"Graham Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can anyone tell me the highest public road in England? I have it as Holme Moss in the Peak
> district at 525 metres. Is this correct?
>
> Graham H

Chapel Fell 627 Unc Langdon Beck-St Johns Chapel os91/92 Kilhope Cross 627 A689 Nenthead Weardale
os86/87 NY7040 Swinhope Head 607 Unc Newbiggin-Westgate os91/92 NY8030 Black Hill 609 Unc
Nenthead-Allendale os86/87 NY8040