Hilarious ad snippet: "Brand New Bike for sale"

Tamyka Bell

Guest
This was posted on my uni "for sale" ng. Obviously targeting
people with a death wish:

"have you ever wanted to rush down the mountains at speeds
of up to
50+ km/hr on your very own bike? or are you wanting to get
fit and
look better for the summer seasons at the beach, but dont
feel like
pounding on the pavments running ur shoes off? or do you
even just
want a bike for general use?

well then i may have a great solution to you.

im selling a Brand new Huffy Volta Mountain bike ...

"have you ever wanted to rush down the mountains at speeds
of up to
50+ km/hr on your very own bike? "

so huffy is getting into the downhill thing now?
i had better let my friend know to trade in his foes for a newer model huffy :p

Tamyka Bell said:
"have you ever wanted to rush down the mountains at speeds
of up to
50+ km/hr on your very own bike?

* Bike may not travel at 50km/h, but once the stem snaps at 45km/h gravity will take care of the difference.

(maybe, just maybe I'll get away with this post while TimC is absent and not able to correct my mistake by quoting laws of physics)! ;)

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> This was posted on my uni "for sale" ng. Obviously targeting
> people with a death wish:
>
> "have you ever wanted to rush down the mountains at speeds
> of up to
> 50+ km/hr on your very own bike?

YES!

> or are you wanting to get
> fit and
> look better for the summer seasons at the beach,

YES!

> but dont feel like
> pounding on the pavments running ur shoes off?

YES!

> or do you even just
> want a bike for general use?

YES!

> well then i may have a great solution to you.

YES!

> im selling a Brand new Huffy Volta Mountain bike ...

Oh. No thanks. ;^)

Tony F

Given his failed first attempt, the Huffymeister tries
again:

(from uq.forsale)

think about it
ur racing downhill at speeds of 60km/hr, the wind gushing
through
ur hair. the trerian, a steep rocky mountain trail. the
track that
ur on is unforgiving and carefull navigation and strong wit
is
required for succuss. but thankfully u can takle the
obsticles
easily on ur brand new mountian bike.

boasting dual suspenstion, this mens Huffy volta brand
mountain
bike will allow u to go nearly anywhere and enjoy the
experience.
u will be ensured that this bike will last a very long time,
its
basically just out of the box,being also15speed lightweight
mountain bike u wont have to strain to climb any hill

Tamyka Bell said:
[...]

looks like terminal velocity increases each time the seller re-posts. I might buy it once it gets to 110 kmh. :D

SteveA

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> Given his failed first attempt, the Huffymeister tries
> again:

<snip>
> ur racing downhill at speeds of 60km/hr, the wind gushing

Are you sure this is the same bike? This one goes faster than the last
one...

[email protected] wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> > Given his failed first attempt, the Huffymeister tries
> > again:

> <snip>
> > ur racing downhill at speeds of 60km/hr, the wind gushing

> Are you sure this is the same bike? This one goes faster than the last
> one...

No, the other one was 50+ km/hr which I think means faster
than 50km/hr...

To our credit, no UQ students have yet humoured this guy
with a NG reply.

Tamyka Bell said:
[email protected] wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> > Given his failed first attempt, the Huffymeister tries
> > again:

> <snip>
> > ur racing downhill at speeds of 60km/hr, the wind gushing

> Are you sure this is the same bike? This one goes faster than the last
> one...

No, the other one was 50+ km/hr which I think means faster
than 50km/hr...

To our credit, no UQ students have yet humoured this guy
with a NG reply.

"up to 50+ km/hr"

which means any speed up to a speed over 50 km/hr....

55 km/hr qualifies, as does 5 km/hr

any speed at all really

Steve(must be the afternoon for being a pedantic *******)A

I think you should check to see if someone ram-raided the local K-Mart or Big W lately.

"Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Given his failed first attempt, the Huffymeister tries
> again:
>
> (from uq.forsale)
>
> think about it
> ur racing downhill at speeds of 60km/hr, the wind gushing
> through
> ur hair. the trerian, a steep rocky mountain trail. the
> track that
> ur on is unforgiving and carefull navigation and strong wit
> is
> required for succuss. but thankfully u can takle the
> obsticles
> easily on ur brand new mountian bike.
>
> boasting dual suspenstion, this mens Huffy volta brand
> mountain
> bike will allow u to go nearly anywhere and enjoy the
> experience.
> u will be ensured that this bike will last a very long time,
> its
> basically just out of the box,being also15speed lightweight
> mountain bike u wont have to strain to climb any hill

Hmm...15 gears huh? I didn't know they still made spin on 5 spd clusters.