Hilary Clinton

slovakguy said:
...just wonderful. i agree with the policies of the man i helped re-elect & don't care for your insinuation that i am an ignorant voter. i do not agree with your attempt to lump progressive liberal democrats (they that share a common thread with the politics of bob lafollette) with the boogey-man liberal cooked up by the limbaughs of talk radio. now be a good poster and tell everyone who helped found the a.d.a. and what their spooky liberal agenda amounts to. and thank you for adding paul wellstone to the mix. it was a loss to the entire nation when minnesota's senator died on the way to a funeral instead of a fund raiser. (if anything, i should thank you for helping bring these names forward so others can research them and decide for themselves how evil they are.)

as before, you use the tactics of the right with your use of liberal as a demonising label. feingold, like wellstone and simon, is a progressive liberal. your deft use of innuendo is impressive. so gay-baiting is accepted in iowa? do you folks still burn witches when the pigs die mysteriously?

and lim, he's a principled man in the senate who tried to reform campaign financing (mccain-feingold), urged his party to refuse the soft money which finances far too many campaigns (for its corrupting influence on the government) & against sending the troops into iraq. so republicans don't like him because they can't say "well, you voted for the war." i only wish there were more liberals such as he, and fewer the political opportunists.
What I challenged you on was not your choice of canidate, but the attempt to say the "Republicans only" paint him as a liberal.. Even the liberals do... To make a point saying Feingold is not liberal is wrong. Prove me wrong....... No where do I ever make the accusation that liberalism is evil......I do not agree with liberal politics, but I do not demonize them.

The ADA is a barometer of liberalism...... It takes the voting record of an individual and compares it to liberal issues. Feingold scored high So if his voting record supports what the liberals want, I would say that makes him real liberal..... That is the true and only definition of a liberal in politics....

So you need to explain to me why Feingold is not considered a extreme liberal, instead of attempting to tell me what I believe and what I don't...

But you need to point out to us "Stupid" Iowans as to why Feingold is not a liberals liberal...

No one pointed out any evil in any of these people...... I do not look at a individuals political opinion or electability in terms of good vs evil... The point of the post is explaining why Feingold has no chance of being elected. But I did as a Catholic, challenge the voting record of Feingold

Gay baiting ???? Not at all. But when same sex marriages are part of your agenda as they are Feingold's you must also deal with the individuals who do not agree with you in your own party. In this thread we are discussing an individuals ability to get votes, not if you agree with him or not....

You posted........
" i do not agree with your attempt to lump progressive liberal democrats (they that share a common thread with the politics of bob lafollette) with the boogey-man liberal cooked up by the limbaughs of talk radio." End post .....
You need to explain to me what you mean by your statement. I am familiar with Bob Lafollette. I did a paper on him in college. And I am from a town the UAW built.... Union politics are very important to me....

The reason Republicans do not like him is because
1....... He believes in abortion.
2....... He is for same sex marriage
3........Voting for increase of immigration visa's.
4....... Federally funded universal health care......
These are the bases for liberalism along wit the war effort.

That is why the Republicans are not fond of him....... And these issues were around before the war in Iraq was an issue.... And the Republicans would prefer to run against an anti war individual then a a individual who voted for the war........

wolfix said:
He is at odds with what the Catholic Church is politically motivated to do in this country...Plus Feingold is against other major componenets of what the Catholic church teaches......So again......if Feingold was seen as a very pricipled man in Ireland, then someone needs to lok at the Cathoilic church in Ireland.
Whoa, what a nutter. You should attempt to view other people's political views with a little more objectivity and pragmatism rather than through the lense of your own religious extremism. People can in fact have different political views without being heretics, you know.

Feingold has a national reputation for integrity that very few Congressmen and Senators have. His rep exists apart from Bush and was established before Dubya came into office. Bush is hardly involved with the issues that Feingold is nationally known for; Bush has been too wrapped up in the neocon's war to do anything with domestic politics.

Bro Deal said:
Whoa, what a nutter. You should attempt to view other people's political views with a little more objectivity and pragmatism rather than through the lense of your own religious extremism. People can in fact have different political views without being heretics, you know.

Feingold has a national reputation for integrity that very few Congressmen and Senators have. His rep exists apart from Bush and was established before Dubya came into office. Bush is hardly involved with the issues that Feingold is nationally known for; Bush has been too wrapped up in the neocon's war to do anything with domestic politics.
No religious extremism here.....

I never realized that following the beliefs of the Catholic Church as being extemist.

Where does Bush come into this????? Bush's name is not even being mentioned here......

Bro Deal...... You are a troll. You leave a sour attitude in every post you make....... And to make the statement that Bush is not involved in domestic issues is a stupid and uniformed statement.

wolfix said:
No religious extremism here.....

I never realized that following the beliefs of the Catholic Church as being extemist.
Catholic...catholic...catholic..unprinicipled...catholic...catholic...catholic...unprincipled. Sound familiar? Maybe you could boil your post down a little, turn it into a mantra, and use it while you flaggellate yourself.

wolfix said:
Where does Bush come into this????? Bush's name is not even being mentioned here......
From above, "But , I believe what you see Feingold as is a man who opposes Bush. And that is what your news organizations report, but upon closer examination for what issues has put Feingold in office you would not agree that he is principled......." Who wrote that?

Not only did you write it, but it is flat out wrong. Feingold's reputation of a man of principle has little to do with Bush. He was pushing for campaign finance reform long before Dubya ever got into office. On top of that he has personally adhered to spending limits not only while campaigning but while running his own federally funded office. You would be hard pressed to find any other senator or congressman who has walked the walk like Feingold.

Saying that he is unprincipled because he does not follow your religious views shows that you are incapable of recognizing merit if someone does not match your views on rather unimportant hot button issues. I don't support a lot of Feingold's views, but at least I can give him credit for fighting the good fight for what he believes in. Anyone who can stand up and be the only senator to vote against the Patriot Act has got some stones and ought to be lauded.

wolfix said:
And to make the statement that Bush is not involved in domestic issues is a stupid and uniformed statement.
What great feat of conservative domestic politics has Bush accomplished? Immigration reform? Nope. Balanced the budget? Ha ha, yeah right. Shrinking the government? That's a bigger laugh than the last one. How about protection of constitutional rights from the damned gubment? Whoops, failure again. Preventing taxpayers from paying for more health care. Damn, another debacle. Aside from growing the military-industrial complex at break neck speed, which seems to be a cornerstone of Repub politics, I am really struggling to come up with anything Bush has done domesticly. Abdication of the executive branch's regulation responsibilities, leading to massive violations that benefit big business. Does that one count? I guess it does if you were savvy enough to buy a metric buttload of HAL when Cheney became VP. :D

wolfix said:

...then you are willing to withdraw your support of & to condemn the actions of the bush administration in iraq? i realise that your devotion to the holy catholic church requires you to follow the pronouncements of the holy father and that you would not disagree with benedict's and john paul's position that the invasion of iraq was unjustified, right?...

slovakguy said:
...then you are willing to withdraw your support of & to condemn the actions of the bush administration in iraq? i realise that your devotion to the holy catholic church requires you to follow the pronouncements of the holy father and that you would not disagree with benedict's and john paul's position that the invasion of iraq was unjustified, right?...
Sorry, that only counts for hatred of the damned libs, gays, advocates of universal healthcare, war protesters, and the ACLU. Killing innocent brown non-Christians is okay no matter what church leaders say.

There's a showdown over here between the Catholic Church and the Government over the issue of fostering to gay and lesbian couples, which the Catholic and Anglican Churches oppose.
The Catholic Church has stated it will close down its fostering homes if it's forced to comply with the new equality laws.
Again, it seems like another case of an out-of-touch Government throwing its weight around in the name of human rights.
Surely common sense dictates the Church is supposed to stand for the family order which is based around masculine and feminine role-models for children. It doesn't mean the Church is in favour of discrimination.
At any rate, this seems like a big issue and it's suspected Ruth Kelly may have to choose between her party or the Opus Dei.

wolfix said:
Lim, Lim, Lim.........

If Feingold's profile is well known in Ireland, and he is seen as a man of principles, then shame on the Bishops of Ireland.

He is at odds with what the Catholic Church is politically motivated to do in this country...
The basis of the Catholic Church is Human Rights. Feingold is a big human rights individual only if you consider abortion a canidate for human rights.... Feingold is one of the few senators that voted against the ban on partial birth abortions........

Plus Feingold is against other major componenets of what the Catholic church teaches......

So again......if Feingold was seen as a very pricipled man in Ireland, then someone needs to lok at the Cathoilic church in Ireland.

But , I believe what you see Feingold as is a man who opposes Bush. And that is what your news organizations report, but upon closer examination for what issues has put Feingold in office you would not agree that he is principled.......

Bump.

Interesting to look back on how people thought the election would play out.

Is there any way a guy who looks like this can lose Texas?

2267331428_e115dea203.jpg

Bro Deal said:
Bump.

Interesting to look back on how people thought the election would play out.
No kidding. For one, Hillary has not driven Obama "back into the frat house"...

Bro Deal said:
Is there any way a guy who looks like this can lose Texas?

2267331428_e115dea203.jpg
This pic makes me wonder what a youngish, fit Obama will look like standing next to an old, dour McCain.

The U.S. is far too racist to ever elect a black man:rolleyes: . I think its a set up . Spend the country into bankrupcy and leave the brutha holding the bag...

Bro Deal said:
This pic makes me wonder what a youngish, fit Obama will look like standing next to an old, dour McCain.

Can you tell me what Obama's policies are?

I know what policies a politician has, has little to do with their time in office.
Bush after all swore blind in the 2000 election that he was going to advocate "compassionate conservatism" if he got in to office.

Do you know what Obama's policies are??

I too am interested in this - news articles report on Obama's mantra on "change", but does anyone know what he wants to change, and how he wants to do it? I haven't followed the news closely enough to find this out...

limerickman said:
Can you tell me what Obama's policies are?

I know what policies a politician has, has little to do with their time in office.
Bush after all swore blind in the 2000 election that he was going to advocate "compassionate conservatism" if he got in to office.

Do you know what Obama's policies are??
Ya, Top tax rate from 35% to 39.5

Obviously, most posters here are too young to remember the last time we elected a "Washington outsider" Democrat who ran on a platform of change.

Bro Deal said:

wait one minute . I am the extremist around here

Ike90 said:
Obviously, most posters here are too young to remember the last time we elected a "Washington outsider" Democrat who ran on a platform of change.
Wasn't that Billy's brother from Georgia? Ah the good Ole days...stagflation, 12-18% mortgage rates, 8%+ unemployment and domestic policy was supposed to be his strength. As a senator I wouldn't exactly call Obama an outsider but I suppose having only been in the senate one term he wouldn't be as embedded.

ndbiker said:
Ah the good Ole days...stagflation, 12-18% mortgage rates, 8%+ unemployment...

Pretty much where we're at right now, or will be in a few months, eh? Or you could listen to Man-Ape's claims that there is no recession. Same lie his old man peddled in 1991, but the reality will be much worse this time.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bush_rose_colored.jpg