Hills Highway question

1id10t

Apr 11, 2005
Just wondering if anyone has ridden the Hills Highway from Lane Cove to the start of the M7.
How far is it and how long would it take? Some friends of mine want to ride the M7 and i'm thinking of riding there from Lane Cove and meeting up with them at the entrance near Seven Hills.
Also, is the cycle path on the Hills Highway on the shoulder or is there a separate dedicated cycle path?
Lastly, is it relatively flat or are there any significant hills.
We plan on starting the M7 ride at about 8.00am so I need to work out what time I need to leave home.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.:)

1id10t said:
Just wondering if anyone has ridden the Hills Highway from Lane Cove to the start of the M7.
How far is it and how long would it take? Some friends of mine want to ride the M7 and i'm thinking of riding there from Lane Cove and meeting up with them at the entrance near Seven Hills.
Also, is the cycle path on the Hills Highway on the shoulder or is there a separate dedicated cycle path?
Lastly, is it relatively flat or are there any significant hills.
We plan on starting the M7 ride at about 8.00am so I need to work out what time I need to leave home.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.:)
The M2 (Hills Motorway) doesnt have a designated path separate from the motorway you will have to cycle on the shoulder.

The m7 cycle path is separate from the motorway although you can still ride on the shoulder (I have not done this, but the grades are easier then the path as the path changes frequently). The first entry on to the path is old windsor road, Scroll down the page and look at the M7 thread and you may get some more info as for the M2 i dont know much more than what is above.

Cheers
Daz

Daz1980 said:
The M2 (Hills Motorway) doesnt have a designated path separate from the motorway you will have to cycle on the shoulder.

The m7 cycle path is separate from the motorway although you can still ride on the shoulder (I have not done this, but the grades are easier then the path as the path changes frequently). The first entry on to the path is old windsor road, Scroll down the page and look at the M7 thread and you may get some more info as for the M2 i dont know much more than what is above.

Cheers
Daz

for some additional cycling info, comments and issues re M7 shared path see

Rob.s M7 web page

The Old Windsor Rd access to the shared path is/was cut-off last week as they are woring on the T-Way there.

Suggest the shoulder untill you reach an access gate/fence near the shared path.

Mike