Hills

Tony B wrote:

>> I think I'll get the Schwalbe City Jet set. They've been
>> recommended in here, 24 quid on Wiggle.
>

> They're just what I got!! But they are £19.99, with
> two tubes.

I can only see them on there for 23.99. Do you have a link?

--
Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ Jose Padilla -
charge him or release him. http://www.chargepadilla.org/

> I think I'll get the Schwalbe City Jet set. They've been
> recommended in here, 24 quid on Wiggle.

They're just what I got!! But they are £19.99, with two
tubes. However, due to a wine tasting/french meal last
night, I have not had chance to try them yet :-0 but I
will, honest...

bfn,

Tony B

whoops.... I got it wrong there then. Still, there is 10%
off this month so don't hang about.

btw don't pay extra for fast delivery, the std is PDQ if
you ask me...

bfn,

Tony b

James Annan wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> James Annan wrote:
>>
>> > As well as rolling much better, a thinner tyre will
>> > drop the effective gearing, by anything up to about
>> > 20%. Keep the knobblies for when you wnat to take up
>> > MTBing, of course.
>>
>> Really? That much. Bugger. Time to get my hands dirty.
>
> I'm surprised no-one has suggested it before. Perhaps a
> case of having to ask the right question before you get
> the right answer.

I must admit, they did, but I've been putting it off on
grounds of effort and cost, and because I didn't realise
that it made a noticable difference on anything other than
fast descents (the only time I go fast
:))

I've finally ordered Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike
maintenance, so I have no excuses now. I'm looking forward
to reducing the road-roar as much as anything.

--
Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ Smoke
yourself thin

Keith Willoughby <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> James Annan wrote:
>
> > As well as rolling much better, a thinner tyre will drop
> > the effective gearing, by anything up to about 20%. Keep
> > the knobblies for when you wnat to take up MTBing, of
> > course.
>
> Really? That much. Bugger. Time to get my hands dirty.

I'm surprised no-one has suggested it before. Perhaps a
case of having to ask the right question before you get the
right answer.

A standard MTB rim is 559mm diameter = 22", near enough. Add
a 2" tyre to get 26", but a 1" tyre makes 24" overall
diameter (and a more typical 1.5" which I would suggest you
look for comes to 25").

That means my 20% figure ws bollox, but never mind. It's
still a clear benefit to add to the easier rolling nature of
the tyre. Next time i must remember to drink plenty of wine
before posting, it seems to improve my mental arithmetic
even if it makes typing slow and erratic.

James