Hincapie @ Het Volk

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jarwood886, Mar 2, 2003.

  1. Jarwood886

    Jarwood886 Guest

    Does anybody know what happened to George at Het Volk?

    Tags:

  2. Graham

    Graham Guest

  3. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

  4. Bart

    Bart Guest

    He fell just before the Muur. had a big sticker on hic chin on Sunday. was courageous enough to try
    to finish.

  5. Tony

    Tony Guest

    I think he got caught up in the crash that also took out Tafi and Van Bondt at the bottom
    of the Muur

  6. On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:02:14 GMT, Bart wrote:
    >He fell just before the Muur. had a big sticker on hic chin on Sunday. =
    was
    >courageous enough to try to finish.

    I think I heard Demol say he had a few stitches. On Sunday he fell again (as did most of the peloton
    in one huge crash; no tv images). Demol said van Heeswijk had a pretty bad fall too, at the finish
    he did not know yet if all was well with vH.

  7. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

  8. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Why do so many Americans expect Hincapie to have the palmares of Museeuw?

    ..whaaaaat? Whose ass did you pull that out of?

    Danny Callen

  9. "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Why do so many Americans expect Hincapie to have the palmares of Museeuw?

    Personally, I don't. But after the work he's done in the last few Tours, especially leading out on
    the mountain stages last year, it would be nice to see him pick up a Classic or Tour stage win.

    -T

  10. Danny Callen wrote:
    > BTW, Museeuw IS the ultimate fattie Master...ya know.

    Fattie?

    The ultimate master is either Gilbert D-S or Danny Clark. Museeuw still has a few years of work to
    catch them.

    Dan

  11. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Morgan Fletcher" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Daniel Connelly <[email protected]> writes:
    > > The ultimate master is either Gilbert D-S or Danny Clark. Museeuw still has a few years of work
    > > to catch them.
    >
    > Don't forget Joop Zoetemelk.

    Or Pino Cerami.

    Jeff

  12. Russ Baxter

    Russ Baxter Guest

    > > Daniel Connelly <[email protected]> writes:
    > > > The ultimate master is either Gilbert D-S or Danny Clark. Museeuw still has a few years of
    > > > work to catch them.
    > >
    > > Don't forget Joop Zoetemelk.
    > >
    > Or Pino Cerami.
    >
    > Jeff

    Or Duclous Lasalle

  13. in article [email protected], Russ Baxter at [email protected] wrote on
    03/04/2003 03:39 PM:

    >>> Don't forget Joop Zoetemelk.
    >>>
    >> Or Pino Cerami.
    >>
    >> Jeff
    >

    > Or Duclous Lasalle

    That's what Danny-boy meant when he said "Gilbert D-S" ... he just forgot the difference between his
    left ring finger and his right ring finger.

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  14. Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
    > That's what Danny-boy meant when he said "Gilbert D-S" ... he just forgot the difference between
    > his left ring finger and his right ring finger.

    Or maybe he subconsciously suppressed the "la" when abbreviating the name.... :)

  15. in article [email protected], Daniel Connelly at [email protected] wrote on
    03/04/2003 07:32 PM:

    > Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
    >> That's what Danny-boy meant when he said "Gilbert D-S" ... he just forgot the difference between
    >> his left ring finger and his right ring finger.
    >
    > Or maybe he subconsciously suppressed the "la" when abbreviating the name....
    > :)

    Except his name is Gilbert Duclos-Lassalle, not Gilbert Duclos-LaSalle or Gilbert Duclos-laSalle.

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  16. In article <BA8B4EA1.35A02%[email protected]>, "Steven L. Sheffield"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > in article [email protected], Daniel Connelly at [email protected] wrote on 03/04/2003
    > 07:32 PM:
    >

    > > Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
    > >> That's what Danny-boy meant when he said "Gilbert D-S" ... he just forgot the difference
    > >> between his left ring finger and his right ring finger.
    > >
    > > Or maybe he subconsciously suppressed the "la" when abbreviating the
    name....
    > > :)
    >

    > Except his name is Gilbert Duclos-Lassalle, not Gilbert Duclos-LaSalle or Gilbert Duclos-laSalle.
    >

    > -

    Incidentally it seem that Gibus has a son who's now a pro, now with the CA espoirs. His name is
    Hervé. Yet another cycling dynasty!