Hincapie @ Het Volk

Jarwood886

Guest
Does anybody know what happened to George at Het Volk?

He fell just before the Muur. had a big sticker on hic chin on Sunday. was courageous enough to try
to finish.

I think he got caught up in the crash that also took out Tafi and Van Bondt at the bottom
of the Muur

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:02:14 GMT, Bart wrote:
>He fell just before the Muur. had a big sticker on hic chin on Sunday. =
was
>courageous enough to try to finish.

I think I heard Demol say he had a few stitches. On Sunday he fell again (as did most of the peloton
in one huge crash; no tv images). Demol said van Heeswijk had a pretty bad fall too, at the finish
he did not know yet if all was well with vH.

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Why do so many Americans expect Hincapie to have the palmares of Museeuw?

Personally, I don't. But after the work he's done in the last few Tours, especially leading out on
the mountain stages last year, it would be nice to see him pick up a Classic or Tour stage win.

-T

Danny Callen wrote:
> BTW, Museeuw IS the ultimate fattie Master...ya know.

Fattie?

The ultimate master is either Gilbert D-S or Danny Clark. Museeuw still has a few years of work to
catch them.

Dan

> > Daniel Connelly <[email protected]> writes:
> > > The ultimate master is either Gilbert D-S or Danny Clark. Museeuw still has a few years of
> > > work to catch them.
> >
> > Don't forget Joop Zoetemelk.
> >
> Or Pino Cerami.
>
> Jeff

Or Duclous Lasalle

in article [email protected], Russ Baxter at [email protected] wrote on
03/04/2003 03:39 PM:

>>> Don't forget Joop Zoetemelk.
>>>
>> Or Pino Cerami.
>>
>> Jeff
>

> Or Duclous Lasalle

That's what Danny-boy meant when he said "Gilbert D-S" ... he just forgot the difference between his
left ring finger and his right ring finger.

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> That's what Danny-boy meant when he said "Gilbert D-S" ... he just forgot the difference between
> his left ring finger and his right ring finger.

Or maybe he subconsciously suppressed the "la" when abbreviating the name.... :)

in article [email protected], Daniel Connelly at [email protected] wrote on
03/04/2003 07:32 PM:

> Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
>> That's what Danny-boy meant when he said "Gilbert D-S" ... he just forgot the difference between
>> his left ring finger and his right ring finger.
>
> Or maybe he subconsciously suppressed the "la" when abbreviating the name....
> :)

Except his name is Gilbert Duclos-Lassalle, not Gilbert Duclos-LaSalle or Gilbert Duclos-laSalle.

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

In article <BA8B4EA1.35A02%[email protected]>, "Steven L. Sheffield"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> in article [email protected], Daniel Connelly at [email protected] wrote on 03/04/2003
> 07:32 PM:
>

> > Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> >> That's what Danny-boy meant when he said "Gilbert D-S" ... he just forgot the difference
> >> between his left ring finger and his right ring finger.
> >
> > Or maybe he subconsciously suppressed the "la" when abbreviating the
name....
> > :)
>

> Except his name is Gilbert Duclos-Lassalle, not Gilbert Duclos-LaSalle or Gilbert Duclos-laSalle.
>

> -

Incidentally it seem that Gibus has a son who's now a pro, now with the CA espoirs. His name is
Hervé. Yet another cycling dynasty!