Hincapie Wins US Road Title

JRMDC

Apr 26, 2005
Hincapie wins the US Road Championship and will wear the stars and stripes next year.

Leipheimer was second and one can argue (note that I am working only off text updates) that Levi and George were in coorperation in the race. However, after trailing by maybe 20 seconds with 10k to go, Levi closed the gap. Hincapie attacked in the last km to win.

Thats great news... at least it will be easier to see Hincapie falling out the of the front group in Paris-Roubaix and getting dropped on the first mountain stage of the Tour next year..... and crashing....

JRMDC said:
Hincapie wins the US Road Championship and will wear the stars and stripes next year.

Leipheimer was second and one can argue (note that I am working only off text updates) that Levi and George were in coorperation in the race. However, after trailing by maybe 20 seconds with 10k to go, Levi closed the gap. Hincapie attacked in the last km to win.

whiteboytrash said:
Thats great news... at least it will be easier to see Hincapie falling out the of the front group in Paris-Roubaix and getting dropped on the first mountain stage of the Tour next year..... and crashing....
hahaha correct

Congrats to George on a very strong race.
In his backyard, literally.
He rode strong and smart.
Good signs for the Worlds.

Stop being such a troll WBT. Geez.

Nice to see Hincapie have some success. He does seem to be more aggressive this year. Maybe the years spent being Armstrong's lap dog are losing their effect.

bobke said:
He has stated that he was not going to do Worlds. I have felt (but what do I know :) ) that the worlds course is good for him. I'm curious to see if he changes his mind, I think he is strong and this is a partucularly good year for him to give it a go.

whiteboytrash said:
Amusing. I've also been critical of Hincapie, in terms of tactical shrewdness; however, when a rider succeeds, I see no need to impugn him. It only makes you look stupid. The Americans are very strong, it was a challenging field, and a hard course. Hincapie made the right moves, and won -- the strongest man in the States right now, in a one-day race.

Chapeau for Hincapie, he has earned his colours, and should be proud of them.

whiteboytrash said:
Typical, obsessed, moronic post from wbt. TROLL

I'm glad for GH. He has had one hell of a crappy season in the sense of luck.

Riding in his hometown and winning... amazing.

Catabolic_Jones said:
Amusing. I've also been critical of Hincapie, in terms of tactical shrewdness; however, when a rider succeeds, I see no need to impugn him. It only makes you look stupid. The Americans are very strong, it was a challenging field, and a hard course. Hincapie made the right moves, and won -- the strongest man in the States right now, in a one-day race.

Chapeau for Hincapie, he has earned his colours, and should be proud of them.
Challenging field ? The guy who came 10th finished 9 minutes behind ! Can't of been that challenging !

[
Stop being such a troll WBT. Geez.[/QUOTE]

Hello Mr Kettle My name is Mr.Pot and I need to comment on your coloration.

I hope Hincapie gets a better looking jersey than the one used for the awards. That one was hideous.

bobke said:

Stop being such a troll WBT. Geez.

Chris Wherry: "Levi was awesome. If he wasn't working for George today I think he would have ridden away from everybody! He was incredible."

tcklyde said:
Chris Wherry: "Levi was awesome. If he wasn't working for George today I think he would have ridden away from everybody! He was incredible."
Absolutely!
It was a strong field.
It was just that Zabriskie, McCartney and then Levi drilled it every time up the climb.
The field in a ProTOur race would have been whittled down as well, not as quick or as severely but still, how many people can stay with George and Levi on climbs like that.
Great perfprmances!!

Is it just me or is that USPRO championship jersey ugly? Anyway, good for GH, good man with his flaws like the rest of us, but a damn fine rider in the end.

Capisce said:
Is it just me or is that USPRO championship jersey ugly? Anyway, good for GH, good man with his flaws like the rest of us, but a damn fine rider in the end.
The jersey is great looking!
What are you guys talking about?!?!
Wearing the stars and stripes is the ultimate for any athlete.
I think Disco will have Nike make it and it looks like Voler made this one which looks a bit generic and the blue is a bit faded, but c'mon

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/USPRO06/USPRO062/JD_06usproRR039

Compared to what, the Belgian Champ which is fugly:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/jun06/belgium06/LC015

or to the silly ladies jersey:
http://www.bikemania.biz/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=TMobile_SSJersey

1. That jersey for the women, I agree, really really not nice.
2. The Belgian one, more beautiful, classic, simple.
3. I don't know I just find it, split, stripes/stars, the jersey is not well designed as a whole.

hombredesubaru said:
You're kidding, right?
It doesn't mean anything to me and to the rest of the world.

hombredesubaru said:
The jersey is great looking!
What are you guys talking about?!?!
I think Disco will have Nike make it and it looks like Voler made this one which looks a bit generic and the blue is a bit faded, but c'mon

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/USPRO06/USPRO062/JD_06usproRR039

Compared to what, the Belgian Champ which is fugly:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/jun06/belgium06/LC015

or to the silly ladies jersey:
http://www.bikemania.biz/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=TMobile%5FSSJersey
I say

US jersey: okay
Belgian jersey: yawn
Ladies' jersey: ick

He really married a podium girl?

Andrija said:
You're kidding, right?
It doesn't mean anything to me and to the rest of the world.
You are such a troll.
Of course I meant for the U.S. athletes here in America, land of the free, home of the brave. Stop being such a troll and also stop smelling your farts in the bathtub.

:eek: