Hincapie with SARS?????????

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Rexmba, Apr 30, 2003.

  1. Rexmba

    Rexmba Guest

    From Cyclingnews.com

    "US Postal Service rider George Hincapie is recovering from the health problems that have scuppered
    his early season, according to his management company Sotox Sports. Hincapie has been suffering from
    parasitic and respiratory infections and has been treated by a team of doctors and nutritional
    experts including a macrobiotic chef to prepare meals, a hematologist, a pathologist, and a
    cardiologist. ""

    Excuse me, ISN'T that the definition of SARS??? parasitic and respiratory infection??

    More from Cyclingnews.com

    "Sotox Sports medical Director William Pettis said, "George is experiencing a remarkable recovery
    following the diagnosis of a respiratory infection compounded by a co-existing parasitic infection.
    He currently is being aggressively treated using a balanced combination of methods from Eastern and
    Western medicine. His condition has dramatically improved, while undergoing moderate training, since
    the recent initiation of these treatments. I expect him to soon enjoy a full and rapid recovery."

    Hincapie has begun training again at his home in South Carolina and says he is looking forward to
    getting back to racing. "It has been a real tough time for me," said Hincapie, "but in the last week
    I have noticed improvement. I am optimistic that I can return to the peloton within a month or so.
    Ready to race!"

    Tags:

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Hunter <[email protected]> wrote

    > Excuse me, ISN'T that the definition of SARS??? parasitic and respiratory infection??

    No.

  3. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Rexmba wrote:
    > From Cyclingnews.com
    >
    > "US Postal Service rider George Hincapie is recovering from the health problems that have
    > scuppered his early season, according to his management company Sotox Sports. Hincapie has been
    > suffering from parasitic and respiratory infections and has been treated by a team of doctors and
    > nutritional experts including a macrobiotic chef to prepare meals, a hematologist, a pathologist,
    > and a cardiologist. ""
    >

    > Excuse me, ISN'T that the definition of SARS??? parasitic and respiratory infection??

    No. SARS is a virus.

  4. Bosaci

    Bosaci Guest

    "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Rexmba wrote:
    > > From Cyclingnews.com
    > >
    > > "US Postal Service rider George Hincapie is recovering from the health problems that have
    > > scuppered his early season, according to his management company Sotox Sports. Hincapie has been
    > > suffering from parasitic and respiratory infections and has been treated by a team of doctors
    > > and nutritional experts including a macrobiotic chef to prepare meals, a hematologist, a
    > > pathologist, and a cardiologist. ""
    > >

    > > Excuse me, ISN'T that the definition of SARS??? parasitic and respiratory infection??
    > >
    > No. SARS is a virus.

    SARS is a corona virus.

  5. Cycling Joe

    Cycling Joe Guest

    > SARS is a corona virus.

    Originating in Mexico :D

  6. Xzzy

    Xzzy Guest

    body counts by day, since March 17 http://www.who.int/csr/sarscountry/en/

    John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

    "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Rexmba wrote:
    > > From Cyclingnews.com
    > >
    > > "US Postal Service rider George Hincapie is recovering from the health problems that have
    > > scuppered his early season, according to his management company Sotox Sports. Hincapie has been
    > > suffering from parasitic and respiratory infections and has been treated by a team of doctors
    > > and nutritional experts including a macrobiotic chef to prepare meals, a hematologist, a
    > > pathologist, and a cardiologist. ""
    > >

    > > Excuse me, ISN'T that the definition of SARS??? parasitic and respiratory infection??
    > >
    > No. SARS is a virus.

  7. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

  8. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Davide Tosi wrote:
    > "xzzy" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> body counts by day, since March 17 http://www.who.int/csr/sarscountry/en/
    >
    > SARS is a great sickness, that will help us to get rid of all those useless yellow faces

    What are you talking about? SARS doesn't give you jaundice.

  9. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Davide Tosi wrote:
    >> "xzzy" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> body counts by day, since March 17 http://www.who.int/csr/sarscountry/en/
    >>
    >> SARS is a great sickness, that will help us to get rid of all those useless yellow faces
    >>
    >What are you talking about? SARS doesn't give you jaundice.

    I am talking about faces that were already yellow before getting any sickness

  10. Xzzy

    Xzzy Guest

    1. wise man say the person talking about yellow skin should be red faced with embarrasment

    2. most of the sars cases are were "local chains of transmission" are reported

    3. in time frames of 1 to 2 weeks at a time, my eyeball of the numbers is; it appears to be
    becoming geometric

    "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Davide Tosi wrote:

    > >> SARS is a great sickness, that will help us to get rid of all those useless yellow faces
    > >>
    > >What are you talking about? SARS doesn't give you jaundice.
    >
    > I am talking about faces that were already yellow before getting any sickness

  11. Bosaci

    Bosaci Guest

    "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Davide Tosi wrote:

    > >> SARS is a great sickness, that will help us to get rid of all those useless yellow faces

    Oh you mean Italians, why didn't you just say so?

    > >What are you talking about? SARS doesn't give you jaundice.
    >
    > I am talking about faces that were already yellow before getting any sickness

    Oh you mean Italians, why didn't you just say so?

  12. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    "bosaci" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    >Oh you mean Italians, why didn't you just say so?
    >

    >> >What are you talking about? SARS doesn't give you jaundice.
    >>
    >> I am talking about faces that were already yellow before getting any sickness
    >
    >Oh you mean Italians, why didn't you just say so?

    I did not mean italians in this case, because italians are not yellow and until now are not
    affected by SARS

    anyway if all the italians would die tomorrow, it would not be a problem for me

    BTW, me, I am a Padan

  13. Amit

    Amit Guest

    [email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote in message

    > anyway if all the italians would die tomorrow, it would not be a problem for me
    >
    > BTW, me, I am a Padan

    you go girl !

  14. Hawke

    Hawke Guest

    "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > anyway if all the italians would die tomorrow, it would not be a problem for me
    >
    > BTW, me, I am a Padan

    Oh you are from the the plains of Lombardy, did you know that all Padane's are direct descendants of
    TUSAU PADAN of Malaysia?

    Hawke

  15. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Hawke wrote:
    > "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> anyway if all the italians would die tomorrow, it would not be a problem for me
    >>
    >> BTW, me, I am a Padan
    >
    > Oh you are from the the plains of Lombardy, did you know that all Padane's are direct descendants
    > of TUSAU PADAN of Malaysia?

    Sheesh. Worse than Africans, they are ;p