Hip advice

Doug Mitchell

Guest
I have been walking/jogging 2 to 3 times per week since mid October.

I can now jog for 5 km in around 29 minutes.

However my left hip is causing me discomfort :( All the rest of me feels fine :). I wear New
Balance 715 and my trail is sidewalk or asphalt road; running north of Toronto this time of year
rules out grass :).

I would appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks for your advice

--
Doug Mitchell (jmjm at sympatico dot ca)

Stop the jogging and the pain will go away. Gee, that was difficult.

pro zack back. sugar level o.k.? too much bread potatoes? 2 dollors per 100 tablets. now 78.00. last
year 34.00. 2 years before 94.00 all per 100. wonder why health care is bad here. To pay own
insurance for a single mom. is 540.00 a month. she makes 840.00 a month net. U do the math. so yes
too run it is good for you. Jogging is good too. running and trans e form to beast is too say for
the ... ambure fluid types. Who really really want to meat these suits face to face one day. and
really listen to the way this world is. :>). I met mechinko in line at a store. and he told me then
what I was. so I take no opinion of what I say. because I seen behind your face. I am good and a
nature person. So run and be in nature. spring on the way and you well see grass soon. try vitamins,
health candy bars. change your food some. from potatos chips to grapes. and don't try a 5 miler.
remember. world class boxers do a 5 milers. ThesePsycoes run and do marathons every day. as a great
poet from Michigan said. KMA or kiss my ass. joggers is in the heart of pets. Suit this. middle
finger up. I hate you. and I wan to meet you face to broken smelley breath me. Smileng. no what I
mean. laundry should be done. got to go. just thought I say hi. all. Lowtuc

in your runs ,per say. Try picking winter fruit. sas a frass tea the hairy one. a grove of bush on
my trail or road side. In spring the yellow birch well run sap not to far.. best to do as law say
and let sap run some first into tree so you not kill it. butt after a week or two you still have 4
weeks of sap in bucket. with 4 gallons of sap and a gallon of honey or sugar boil times 3 pounds and
a week wait I can make birch beer, only two of nature food sorce. Oak nuts are plenty in the fall,
if bitter do as of the red black oak and wash the bitter out. coffee,flowers, tea, candy all too be
made by these nature pro sacks. sugar is swet. A good Old boy I be. sorry I would like to have a job
butt I am not going to kill myself for chump change........please not think me nuts. evn if I m. I
just say look when you run is all. Gym is for fags. Yes U. marry on gay lezzie. and suits are ment
to terror. Lowtuc
p.s. I look forward to seeing you soon.

For me to feel better about my hip I try to wear more Black, and carry on about subculture,
musicians nobody has heard of, and avoid anything domestic.

The Simp

"Doug Mitchell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I have been walking/jogging 2 to 3 times per week since mid October.
>
> I can now jog for 5 km in around 29 minutes.
>
> However my left hip is causing me discomfort :( All the rest of me feels fine :). I wear New
> Balance 715 and my trail is sidewalk or asphalt road; running north of Toronto this time of year
> rules out grass :).
>
> I would appreciate some suggestions.
>
> Thanks for your advice

Doug,

I suggest that you contact an Orthopedist. It sounds like tensor fasciitis but you should get a
professional opinion. If it is tensor fasciitis a good physical therapist will show you how to
buildup the muscle and eliminate the problem. It won't get better without some work and it takes
time. I think I got mine from running on crowned roads and putting an abnormal twist on the hips. I
try to avoid them now.

Good luck,

Bob

"Doug Mitchell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have been walking/jogging 2 to 3 times per week since mid October.
>
> I can now jog for 5 km in around 29 minutes.
>
> However my left hip is causing me discomfort :( All the rest of me feels fine :). I wear New
> Balance 715 and my trail is sidewalk or asphalt road; running north of Toronto this time of year
> rules out grass :).
>
> I would appreciate some suggestions.
>
> Thanks for your advice
>

> --
> Doug Mitchell (jmjm at sympatico dot ca)

Along with the cross feet - side bend stretch, put a warm pad on it before you run/walk and ice as
soon as you're done. That seemed to help my hip problem.

Good luck-

p.s. Don't mind the idiots in the group that reply with nonsense. They don't have a life and like
to hide behind their computers like the cowards that they are.

"Doug Mitchell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have been walking/jogging 2 to 3 times per week since mid October.
>
> I can now jog for 5 km in around 29 minutes.
>
> However my left hip is causing me discomfort :( All the rest of me feels fine :). I wear New
> Balance 715 and my trail is sidewalk or asphalt road; running north of Toronto this time of year
> rules out grass :).
>
> I would appreciate some suggestions.
>
> Thanks for your advice
>

> --
> Doug Mitchell (jmjm at sympatico dot ca)

Hi all,

Like Doug, I have been experiencing a sore hip after running (unlike Doug, it is my right hip). I
have sought out advice about this and the most common suggestions I have received are all about
stretching before and after the run. I have been doing this and it certainly has helped. I have also
been trying to avoid always running on the same side of roads (thanks to crowning) and running my
usual routes in both directions. Unfortunately, all of this has not eliminated the problem
completely.

Some of the information I have collected suggests that this problem might be IT Band related as the
IT Band begins up at the hip level. I understand that more common forms of IT Band problems affect
the knees. In response, there seems to be several kinds devices available to go around knees to help
address IT Band woes at that joint.

What I am wondering is if someone has developed any sort of strap / splint / cuff / etc that can
address IT Band problems in the hip joint?

Cheers,

Danny [email protected]

>Doug Mitchell" [email protected] However my left hip is causing me discomfort

Doug,

How are your running mechanics??

If available, it might be worthwhile to have yourself video'd (even on a treadmill - controlled
environment). This may bring to light some mechanical issues related to your hip pain. It could also
dictate what type of shoes you may need.

Unfortunately, sidewalks (I live in Ohio, so I can sympathize somewhat) and asphalt aren't the best
running surfaces for bones, joints, and the like.

How old are your shoes? Do you wear orthodic inserts? store bought inserts? or are you using the
ones that came with the shoes? Something else to consider.

As for the stretching routines ... DO THEM!!!! I have osteoarthritis in my hips and have been
religiously stretching (yoga regimine ... ugh!) for over 1 year. It makes a BIG difference. Find
what stretches work for you and do then regularly.

Is your pain localized or does it radiate in some fashion? This may can determine whether it's
related to joints/tendons/nerves/muscles/or some combination thereof. That'll also drive how you
treat the discomfort.

Hope this helps. R/Mark

> "Doug Mitchell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have been walking/jogging 2 to 3 times per week since mid October.
> >
> > I can now jog for 5 km in around 29 minutes.
> >
> > However my left hip is causing me discomfort :( All the rest of me feels fine :). I wear New
> > Balance 715 and my trail is sidewalk or asphalt road; running north of Toronto this time of year
> > rules out grass :).
> >
> > I would appreciate some suggestions.
> >
> > Thanks for your advice
> >

> > --
> > Doug Mitchell (jmjm at sympatico dot ca)

I also have left hip issues after running.

My coach has just stated put ice on it after a hard run, and dont do as much next time. He also
states if you don't take care of it it will cause you problems in the future.

be careful with your hip,

Mary marathon runner