Hip problem

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tom, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Help! My lady has a damaged hip which makes riding her tourer very difficult - well, not the riding
    bit, just getting on and off the thing. She manages the folder (Brompton) OK but wants to cover more
    miles. We've looked round local shops but they only seem to stock ATB's constructed of cast iron
    drain piping. Is it still possible to find a lightweight tourer with a dropped top tube? We don't
    want to have to take out a second mortgage..... TIA
    --
    tom

    Tags:

  2. Orienteer

    Orienteer Guest

    "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Help! My lady has a damaged hip which makes riding her tourer very difficult - well, not the
    > riding bit, just getting on and off the thing. She manages the folder (Brompton) OK but wants to
    > cover more miles. We've looked round local shops but they only seem to stock ATB's constructed of
    > cast iron drain piping. Is it still possible to find a lightweight tourer with a dropped top tube?
    > We don't want to have to take out a second mortgage..... TIA
    > --
    > tom

    If she's used to a Brompton, how about a Moulton? The Pashley-made versions are not as expensive as
    the Moulton-made ones, and can be had second-hand for a few hundred. See the sales and wants list on
    the Moulton Bicycle Club site at www.moultoneers.net