Hip resurfacing

jjiam1234

Sep 4, 2006
Hiya all, I got my hip resurfaced on Sept 11th. I could start riding about 5.5 weeks. Now its in my 7th week since surgery, and still have pain getting out of the saddle, so big hills are a no no yet. So hear is your news that if you need a hip resurfacing/replacement, and still love cycling, do it!!!!! I don't have the pain anymore that I had before, but the groin muscle that was shortened all the time I limped, is having trouble getting stretched and longer. It's still giving my trouble. But man the chapping I used to get from my leg being shorted cause of limping are gone! So I just rode 30 miles yesterday and 25 2 days before that and 30 2 days before that. And no chapping! So if you have hip pain get it done, you can be back on what you love doing in about 4-5 weeks!

The fact that you are still having trouble getting out of the saddle concerns me. Is it safe to get on the road in that condition? What if you have an emergency situation that required abrupt hip movement?

Why not start back on a stationary bike to get the basic movement sorted before getting back on the road?