Hippies!!!

Colorado Ryder said:
He moved to Paris long ago to escape Van Morrison.
I've just read up a bit on Jim Morrison, he was an inadequate self indulgent, drug fuelled headcase. Not even a flawed genius. He's got a bloody cheek being buried in Pere Lachaise with all the greats.

FredC said:
I've just read up a bit on Jim Morrison, he was an inadequate self indulgent, drug fuelled headcase. Not even a flawed genius. He's got a bloody cheek being buried in Pere Lachaise with all the greats.
No argument here.

FredC said:
He's got a bloody cheek being buried in Pere Lachaise with all the greats.
I forget exactly why he was buried there... anyone recall? I remember he died in Paris, which is part of the equation, but as to why he wasn't claimed and carted back to the States isn't clear to me.

As for the genius bit, well, yeah; I never quite saw that either. The Doors were an important band for breaking boundaries--no other group brought sex and danger to the mainstream audience as they did, and at the very least, their free-jazz organ and poetry -style was cool, unusual.

Creative? Sure. Brilliant? Eh, I dunno. I like the Doors, but I always thought Jim and the guys were a bit overrated. No offense to Doors afficianados.

FredC said:

And thats why we love him. The freakier the better!

ryan_velo. said:

I am fellow 'hippy', if that's the word you want to use. My colleagues at schools jokingly call me "the hippy". I plan on dedicating my career to preserving the environment. You know what David, you’re really cool. It has been a privilege to interact with you on the forum. Speaking of the doors……It really pisses me off that people depict Van Morrison as a shallow druggie. He was a very deep, philosophical person. I have a lot of respect for him. Did any body know that Bill O’rielly’s favorite band is the doors? He revealed this in an interview, does anyone see the irony in this:D He is so full of ****……..asshole! I am also pro-pot. It is not a narcoit, nor has it ever killed anyone. It is a mild sphycodelic mind opener. Pot is cool, I don't care what anybody says. If anything we should make hard liquor illegal.................
No wonder he got Van Morrison mixed up with Jim Morrison. He was using SPHYCODELIC's. That is some bad ****. Maybe he should stay with the psychedelic's. They are a little less intense. Now pass the bong.

Colorado Ryder said:
No wonder he got Van Morrison mixed up with Jim Morrison. He was using SPHYCODELIC's. That is some bad ****. Maybe he should stay with the psychedelic's. They are a little less intense. Now pass the bong.
How unromantic, it's much nicer to strip off and go gathering magic mushrooms in the woodland, shag everyone of the opposite sex you meet then gather back round the campfire and get blasted.
Hey here's a good one. My brother and his mates were always going on about MacDonalds **** burgers, hormones, deforestation etc
They decided that they would rig out a van and sell Ethic Burgers to finance their habits, and do a bit of under the counter stuff to 'selected customers' at Festivals.
Yeh man, yeh man, great idea man. They hadn't got a feckin clue. Only my brother Vinny had a job, and was the only one that could drive.
Just do it Vinny man, we're with you all the way. Hey Vinny, any chance of tagging a caravan on, we're all getting to old to sleep in muddy tents.

jhuskey said:
I am also saving the environment. I am using zip lock bags. The big ones seemto work very well.
As far as making alcohol illegal,we have been down that road and it didn't work except for funding gang syndication.
Big Al loved it.
Using zip lock bags for what :confused: weed :rolleyes:

davidmc said:
Using zip lock bags for what :confused: weed :rolleyes:

No the environment! You know a little at at time. I can't save the whole thing by myself.

FredC said:
How unromantic, it's much nicer to strip off and go gathering magic mushrooms in the woodland, shag everyone of the opposite sex you meet then gather back round the campfire and get blasted.
Hey here's a good one. My brother and his mates were always going on about MacDonalds **** burgers, hormones, deforestation etc
They decided that they would rig out a van and sell Ethic Burgers to finance their habits, and do a bit of under the counter stuff to 'selected customers' at Festivals.
Yeh man, yeh man, great idea man. They hadn't got a feckin clue. Only my brother Vinny had a job, and was the only one that could drive.
Just do it Vinny man, we're with you all the way. Hey Vinny, any chance of tagging a caravan on, we're all getting to old to sleep in muddy tents.

"Come on baby lite my fire.try to set my pants on fi... or ....something err ****...something needs set on fire. I forgot......
Baby just start a fire somewhere you are a grooovy chick and I dig you.
Yeah Baaaabby!

In fairness to Jim Morrison - he had a superb voice and The Doors were a fantastic group.
Their music is legendary.

limerickman said:
In fairness to Jim Morrison - he had a superb voice and The Doors were a fantastic group.
Their music is legendary.

As a legacy they are amidst the greats of the era. Was Morrison a personal success? No!
He failed at life.
Pespective I guess. Was Van Gogh a failure?

Van, Jim, I feel like a f*cking idiot. I don't know why I said that. Please don't be too harsh on me!:D

FredC said:
Is that the bloke who's buried in Paris in a grafitti covered grave. What's he doing there? Apart from the obvious.
you know what its like, you get famous, you get into drugs and you live the bohemian lifestyle...its happened to all of us at one point or another,..its not JMs fault he was just a ****ed up, drugged up hippy how knew no better. Just look at the beatles and that Shankar bloke. He must have thought, 'what the **** do these scousers want from me?'

FredC said:
Is that the bloke who's buried in Paris in a grafitti covered grave. What's he doing there? Apart from the obvious.
The Parisian Civic Authorities are getting sick of Jim. His followers keep painting arrows on other peoples grave with direction arrows. So when the lease is up they will probably dig him up, put all the bits in a skip, and send him back to the States. How ignominious. Trash Life, Trash Ending.

FredC said:
The Parisian Civic Authorities are getting sick of Jim. His followers keep painting arrows on other peoples grave with direction arrows. So when the lease is up they will probably dig him up, put all the bits in a skip, and send him back to the States. How ignominious. Trash Life, Trash Ending.
i dont think they'll move the grave because its one of the many tourist attractions the city has to offer...mind you, these are usually scrounging loafers with no money and travelling 'on a shoestring' which basically means hitch-hiking and begging...always enough money for a wee bit of gear but never enough to buy a pint...

did any of you get to see the docu-movie about the doors. It was actually quite good and told the story of how Jim Morrison ended up in gay Paris. the only song of thiers i liked was 'when youre a stranger' which was covered for the sound track to The Lost Boys, the type of teen trash i used as viewing fodder in my youth.

MountainPro said:
i dont think they'll move the grave because its one of the many tourist attractions the city has to offer...mind you, these are usually scrounging loafers with no money and travelling 'on a shoestring' which basically means hitch-hiking and begging...always enough money for a wee bit of gear but never enough to buy a pint...
That's exactly why they will move it.

Serious for a moment Prof.
Why can't I get directly into cyclingforums just now. 2days. It was no problem before and I can access all my other internet sites OK. Keeps showing 'cannot find server'.

FredC said:
Why can't I get directly into cyclingforums just now. 2days. It was no problem before and I can access all my other internet sites OK. Keeps showing 'cannot find server'.
its not just you Fred, I'll bet its most people who are havng this problem. I have been also having problems getting to the site. Post in the admin section and i'll bet the moderators will tell you that they are migrating servers or something like that.

MountainPro said:
its not just you Fred, I'll bet its most people who are havng this problem. I have been also having problems getting to the site. Post in the admin section and i'll bet the moderators will tell you that they are migrating servers or something like that.
Thanks MP, it was their twiddly bits that collapsed. Very painful I believe.

FredC said:

I couldn't "get in" for an extended period myself. Thought there was too much traffic-like highest user volume :confused:

FredC said:
They won't move it because the "Cheese eating peace monkeys" (Homer Simpson quote) need the tourism revenue :rolleyes: