Historic Perspectives on Clinical Use and Efficacy of Silver

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by dali, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. dali

    dali Guest

    Didn't think I'd see this thread again. CALC brought to my attention
    this little ditty. The question I ask is why does the Journal of
    Nanotechnology contain this and not the "prestigious" NEJM?

    Silver Kills ALL
    Viruses, Study Finds
    FreeMarketNews.com
    10-21-5

    In a groundbreaking study, the Journal of Nanotechnology has
    published a study that found silver nanoparticles kills HIV-1 and is
    likely
    to kill virtually any other virus. The study, which was conducted by
    the
    University of Texas and Mexico University, is the first medical study
    ever explore the benefits of silver nanoparticles, according to
    Physorg.

    During the study, researchers used three different methods of
    limiting the size of the silver nanoparticles by using capping agents.
    The
    capping agents were foamy carbon, poly (PVP), and bovine serum albumin
    (BSA). The particles ranged in size from 1 to 10 nanometers depending
    on the
    method of capping. After incubating the HIV-1 virus at 37 C, the silver
    particles killed 100% of the virus within 3 hours for all three
    methods. The
    scientists believe that the silver particles bonded through
    glycoprotein
    knobs on the virus with spacing of about 22 nanometers in length.

    While further research is needed, researchers are optimistic
    that
    nanological silver may be the silver bullet to kill viruses. The
    researchers
    in the study said that they had already begin experiments using silver
    nanoparticles to kill what is known as the super bug (Methicillin
    resistant
    staphylococcus aureus). Already used as a topical antibiotic in the
    medical
    industry, silver may now come under consideration as an alternative to
    drugs
    when it comes to fighting previously untreatable viruses such as the
    Tamiflu
    resistant avian flu.

    Free-Market News Network
    http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=1401

  2. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    dali <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Didn't think I'd see this thread again. CALC brought to my attention
    >this little ditty. The question I ask is why does the Journal of
    >Nanotechnology contain this and not the "prestigious" NEJM?
    >
    >Silver Kills ALL
    >Viruses, Study Finds
    >FreeMarketNews.com
    >10-21-5

    What a load of hooey. The study showed that, IN VITRO, silver
    nanoparticles killed HIV-1. (All those AIDS deniers who refuse to
    admit that HIV exists should please stop reading. Your heads might
    explode.)

    So, we go from a study that shows that silver nanoparticles kill one
    particular virus (and a fairly fragile virus at that), into flights of
    fancy where the hypewriter grandly proclaims that silver *will*
    therefore kill every virus.

    The authors of the original study sure didn't say that.

    > While further research is needed, researchers are optimistic
    >that nanological silver may be the silver bullet to kill viruses.

    Silver bullet? Please. And even if it works in vitro, that doesn't
    mean that swallowing the stuff will do you any good.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    "If you can't say something nice, then sit next to me."
    -- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

  3. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    David Wright wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > dali <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Didn't think I'd see this thread again. CALC brought to my attention
    >>this little ditty. The question I ask is why does the Journal of
    >>Nanotechnology contain this and not the "prestigious" NEJM?
    >>
    >>Silver Kills ALL
    >>Viruses, Study Finds
    >>FreeMarketNews.com
    >>10-21-5

    > What a load of hooey. The study showed that, IN VITRO, silver
    > nanoparticles killed HIV-1. (All those AIDS deniers who refuse to
    > admit that HIV exists should please stop reading. Your heads might
    > explode.)
    >
    > So, we go from a study that shows that silver nanoparticles kill one
    > particular virus (and a fairly fragile virus at that), into flights of
    > fancy where the hypewriter grandly proclaims that silver *will*
    > therefore kill every virus.
    >
    > The authors of the original study sure didn't say that.

    I watched Andy Weill on Larry King last night. During the show he
    mentioned that there are those who take a scientific finding and rush
    some supplement, etc. to market before full testing.

    Imagine that. He agreed with me.

    I slept like a baby.

    >> While further research is needed, researchers are optimistic
    >>that nanological silver may be the silver bullet to kill viruses.

    > Silver bullet? Please. And even if it works in vitro, that doesn't
    > mean that swallowing the stuff will do you any good.
    >
    > -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    > These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    > "If you can't say something nice, then sit next to me."
    > -- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

  4. dali

    dali Guest

    Mark Probert wrote:
    > David Wright wrote:
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > dali <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Didn't think I'd see this thread again. CALC brought to my attention
    > >>this little ditty. The question I ask is why does the Journal of
    > >>Nanotechnology contain this and not the "prestigious" NEJM?
    > >>
    > >>Silver Kills ALL
    > >>Viruses, Study Finds
    > >>FreeMarketNews.com
    > >>10-21-5

    > > What a load of hooey. The study showed that, IN VITRO, silver
    > > nanoparticles killed HIV-1. (All those AIDS deniers who refuse to
    > > admit that HIV exists should please stop reading. Your heads might
    > > explode.)
    > >
    > > So, we go from a study that shows that silver nanoparticles kill one
    > > particular virus (and a fairly fragile virus at that), into flights of
    > > fancy where the hypewriter grandly proclaims that silver *will*
    > > therefore kill every virus.

    AFAIK medical grade silver has killed every virus/bacteria/fungus/etc
    that has been thrown at it. IN VITRO that is. Not the same as IN VIVO
    in which we wont know for sure until further studies are done. I've
    read hundreds of pubmed article concerning this. They are all saying
    the same thing. Where is the funding?

    > > The authors of the original study sure didn't say that.

    > I watched Andy Weill on Larry King last night. During the show he
    > mentioned that there are those who take a scientific finding and rush
    > some supplement, etc. to market before full testing.

    Yes well where is the testing? We continue to test it on ourselves
    because no one else will fund it.

    > Imagine that. He agreed with me.
    >
    > I slept like a baby.

    Fibro causes sleep to be very difficult. Me and other millions don't
    get the chance to sleep well or even live well. That said silver is
    doing something that modern medicine with it's high dose IV abx
    couldn't do...

    <snip>

  5. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    dali wrote:
    > Mark Probert wrote:
    >
    >>David Wright wrote:

    >>>What a load of hooey. The study showed that, IN VITRO, silver
    >>>nanoparticles killed HIV-1. (All those AIDS deniers who refuse to
    >>>admit that HIV exists should please stop reading. Your heads might
    >>>explode.)
    >>>
    >>>So, we go from a study that shows that silver nanoparticles kill one
    >>>particular virus (and a fairly fragile virus at that), into flights of
    >>>fancy where the hypewriter grandly proclaims that silver *will*
    >>>therefore kill every virus.

    > AFAIK medical grade silver has killed every virus/bacteria/fungus/etc
    > that has been thrown at it. IN VITRO that is. Not the same as IN VIVO
    > in which we wont know for sure until further studies are done. I've
    > read hundreds of pubmed article concerning this. They are all saying
    > the same thing. Where is the funding?
    >

    >>>The authors of the original study sure didn't say that.

    >>I watched Andy Weill on Larry King last night. During the show he
    >>mentioned that there are those who take a scientific finding and rush
    >>some supplement, etc. to market before full testing.

    > Yes well where is the testing? We continue to test it on ourselves
    > because no one else will fund it.

    In a word...bullshit. The NCCAM has money leftover every year that could
    be applied to research. The problem is that the proponents are worried
    that if the research shows that there is no effect, or that there are
    serious side effects, then they would have to actually publish that
    research (a condition of receiving the funds). That would be bad for
    business.

    >>Imagine that. He agreed with me.
    >>
    >>I slept like a baby.

    > Fibro causes sleep to be very difficult. Me and other millions don't
    > get the chance to sleep well or even live well. That said silver is
    > doing something that modern medicine with it's high dose IV abx
    > couldn't do...

  6. dali

    dali Guest

    Mark Probert wrote:
    > dali wrote:
    > > Mark Probert wrote:

    > > AFAIK medical grade silver has killed every virus/bacteria/fungus/etc
    > > that has been thrown at it. IN VITRO that is. Not the same as IN VIVO
    > > in which we wont know for sure until further studies are done. I've
    > > read hundreds of pubmed article concerning this. They are all saying
    > > the same thing. Where is the funding?

    > >>I watched Andy Weill on Larry King last night. During the show he
    > >>mentioned that there are those who take a scientific finding and rush
    > >>some supplement, etc. to market before full testing.

    > > Yes well where is the testing? We continue to test it on ourselves
    > > because no one else will fund it.

    > In a word...bullshit. The NCCAM has money leftover every year that could
    > be applied to research. The problem is that the proponents are worried
    > that if the research shows that there is no effect, or that there are
    > serious side effects, then they would have to actually publish that
    > research (a condition of receiving the funds). That would be bad for
    > business.

    The PROPONENTS are doctors doing research in their respective fields.
    Dr. Burgdorfer, Ph.D. of lyme fame believes silver can cure lyme. My
    own doctor gave me oil of oregano and c silver. (we also had an
    interesting talk concerning BigPharma).
    In other words shouldn't someone (anyone) be studying a substance that
    has already become a pervasive part of modern medicine?

  7. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    dali wrote:
    > Mark Probert wrote:
    >
    >>dali wrote:

    >>>AFAIK medical grade silver has killed every virus/bacteria/fungus/etc
    >>>that has been thrown at it. IN VITRO that is. Not the same as IN VIVO
    >>>in which we wont know for sure until further studies are done. I've
    >>>read hundreds of pubmed article concerning this. They are all saying
    >>>the same thing. Where is the funding?

    >>>Yes well where is the testing? We continue to test it on ourselves
    >>>because no one else will fund it.

    >>In a word...bullshit. The NCCAM has money leftover every year that could
    >>be applied to research. The problem is that the proponents are worried
    >>that if the research shows that there is no effect, or that there are
    >>serious side effects, then they would have to actually publish that
    >>research (a condition of receiving the funds). That would be bad for
    >>business.
    >>

    > The PROPONENTS are doctors doing research in their respective fields.
    > Dr. Burgdorfer, Ph.D. of lyme fame believes silver can cure lyme. My
    > own doctor gave me oil of oregano and c silver. (we also had an
    > interesting talk concerning BigPharma).
    > In other words shouldn't someone (anyone) be studying a substance that
    > has already become a pervasive part of modern medicine?

    Yes, and ask your doctors where they heard that this was viable
    treatment and then ask those why they never applied for funds from
    NCCAM. I would really love to know the answer.

  8. dali

    dali Guest

    Mark Probert wrote:
    > dali wrote:
    > > Mark Probert wrote:

    > >>In a word...bullshit. The NCCAM has money leftover every year that could
    > >>be applied to research. The problem is that the proponents are worried
    > >>that if the research shows that there is no effect, or that there are
    > >>serious side effects, then they would have to actually publish that
    > >>research (a condition of receiving the funds). That would be bad for
    > >>business.
    > >>

    > > The PROPONENTS are doctors doing research in their respective fields.
    > > Dr. Burgdorfer, Ph.D. of lyme fame believes silver can cure lyme. My
    > > own doctor gave me oil of oregano and c silver. (we also had an
    > > interesting talk concerning BigPharma).
    > > In other words shouldn't someone (anyone) be studying a substance that
    > > has already become a pervasive part of modern medicine?
    > >

    > Yes, and ask your doctors where they heard that this was viable
    > treatment and then ask those why they never applied for funds from
    > NCCAM. I would really love to know the answer.

    So the doctors who have succesfully used silver in making bone cement
    should be asking the NCCAM for further funding?

  9. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    dali wrote:
    > Mark Probert wrote:
    >
    >>dali wrote:

    >>>The PROPONENTS are doctors doing research in their respective fields.
    >>>Dr. Burgdorfer, Ph.D. of lyme fame believes silver can cure lyme. My
    >>>own doctor gave me oil of oregano and c silver. (we also had an
    >>>interesting talk concerning BigPharma).
    >>>In other words shouldn't someone (anyone) be studying a substance that
    >>>has already become a pervasive part of modern medicine?
    >>>

    >>Yes, and ask your doctors where they heard that this was viable
    >>treatment and then ask those why they never applied for funds from
    >>NCCAM. I would really love to know the answer.

    > So the doctors who have succesfully used silver in making bone cement
    > should be asking the NCCAM for further funding?

    Non-sequitur. We were not discussing bone cement. However, if it has not
    been thoroughly tested, and the minimum amount of silver can be determined.