History

Simon

Guest
I could be wrong but wasnt mountain biking invented by customising cruisers and racing downhill?

If it was then surely downhilling is mountain bikings true roots..... no?

Simon

***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the views or policies of
Tau-Designs.co.uk

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> I could be wrong but wasnt mountain biking invented by customising
cruisers
> and racing downhill?
>
> If it was then surely downhilling is mountain bikings true roots..... no?
>
> Simon

Nah. I was zooming up and down hills and sheep tracks and jumping my sister's Raleigh 20 over
streams when I was 11 years old back in the 70's. The cruiser couldn't take it. Then again, the
Raleigh 20, remaining concious, and most of my front teeth couldn't take it either...

Surely that means that _I_ invented mountain biking.

Ha ha! Kneel yee all; and give thanks unto me!

Westie - won't let it go to my head...-

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I could be wrong but wasnt mountain biking invented by customising cruisers and racing downhill?
>
> If it was then surely downhilling is mountain bikings true roots..... no?
>
> Simon

Don't be an ****. Gary Fisher et al didn't have **** to do with "creating" the mountain bike. They
just "created" it as a specific marketable commodity. You don't think people have been riding bikes
through woods for over 100 years? /s

<snip>
| Surely that means that _I_ invented mountain biking.
|
| Ha ha! Kneel yee all; and give thanks unto me!
|
| Westie - won't let it go to my head...-

"we're not worthy, we're not worthy"

:eek:)

"Westridge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > I could be wrong but wasnt mountain biking invented by customising
> cruisers
> > and racing downhill?
> >
> > If it was then surely downhilling is mountain bikings true roots.....
no?

> > Simon
> >

> Nah. I was zooming up and down hills and sheep tracks and jumping my sister's Raleigh 20 over
> streams when I was 11 years old back in the 70's. The cruiser couldn't take it. Then again, the
> Raleigh 20, remaining concious, and most of my front teeth couldn't take it either...
>
> Surely that means that _I_ invented mountain biking.
>
> Ha ha! Kneel yee all; and give thanks unto me!
>
> Westie - won't let it go to my head...-

Nah, I'm pretty sure my brothers and I invented it in the 70's with our Stingrays and banana seats.
We'd cut trails around our house and race through the woods. We had jumps and and ramps. What a
blast. I remember once, my brother went off a homemade jump and hit a tree. His handle bar went
right into his stomach. Of course we had no grips so there was a nice chunk of meat in the bar end.

Nasty but we laugh about it now.

So there. We invented it...... ;)

Marty

[email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > I could be wrong but wasnt mountain biking invented by customising cruisers and racing downhill?
> >
> > If it was then surely downhilling is mountain bikings true roots..... no?
> >
> > Simon
>
> Don't be an ****. Gary Fisher et al didn't have **** to do with "creating" the mountain bike. They
> just "created" it as a specific marketable commodity. You don't think people have been riding
> bikes through woods for over 100 years? /s

Amen!

JD