Hit a bump in the road - no more soba for me

No wonder you're still fat.

--
Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

news:1gptw9m.11sz3a9186xlonN%[email protected]...

Bev-Ann wrote:
|| You're a wise man. Most people would jump on the scale the next
|| morning, get even more discouraged when they see it go up, and
|| possibly do even more harm by giving up. Good for you! :)

doug knows full well that water weight comes on when you reintroduce carbs.
Is best to just deal with it head on and know well what your body is capable
of. Not getting on the scale is just a form of denial.

The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:
|| Ignoramus22732 <[email protected]> wrote:
||| Glycemic index is mostly ********... A very fuzzy concept of very
||| limited usefulness.
|| based on what? and don't post another link to a .pdf that i won't
|| bother looking at, say whatever you have to say here.

The pdf is a research paper that might be worth a read.

Roger Zoul <[email protected]> wrote:

> The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:
> || based on what? and don't post another link to a .pdf that i won't
> || bother looking at, say whatever you have to say here.
>
> The pdf is a research paper that might be worth a read.

i don't read them on this machine. long story.

Roger Zoul wrote:
> Doug Lerner wrote:
> || Iggy, this is a diet support group. Need I point out the obvious -
> || it IS difficult to stay on diets and also to maintain weight loss
> || after a successful round of dieting.
> || Just look around you at how many people are overweight and
> || struggling to lose weight.
> || While you might never falter or have a bad diet day, most of us are
> || just not so perfect. It is not that easy - low-carb or not.
>
> You basically planned this whole thing. You had your noddles once for the
> holiday, then you "notioned up" this business about how they were somehow
> special and that perhaps you could include them in your diet even though you
> knew they were high in carbs and you might get cravings. Are noddles so
> important that you had to do this? Gosh, it's one thing for people to just
> have a bad day when struggling to start a major change in eating, but you
> willfully walked into this with your eyes open - and it's not like you're
> some newbie at this, either. So stop trying to act like you need some
> consideration for not being mr perfect dieter. It's time to buck the hell
> up, follow the damn plan, and quit making excuses.

Roger, there is no point in being nasty, is there? Well, at least most
of the people here are nice.

The conversation about buckwheat noodles was very considered, I thought,
with various people providing input. And not everybody agreed with you
either. There were postings about successful use of buckwheat noodles on
the diet. There was a post about how buckwheat was helpful for type II
diabetic people.

There is no rule that says we can't try to improve the variety of the
diet when possible, is there?

Jeez...
doug

In article <1gptwe2.dwm0ho1ct2lszN%[email protected]>,
[email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:

> Roger Zoul <[email protected]> wrote:

> > You basically planned this whole thing. You had your noddles once for the
> > holiday, then you "notioned up" this business about how they were somehow
> > special and that perhaps you could include them in your diet even though you
> > knew they were high in carbs and you might get cravings. Are noddles so
> > important that you had to do this? Gosh, it's one thing for people to just
> > have a bad day when struggling to start a major change in eating, but you
> > willfully walked into this with your eyes open - and it's not like you're
> > some newbie at this, either. So stop trying to act like you need some
> > consideration for not being mr perfect dieter. It's time to buck the hell
> > up, follow the damn plan, and quit making excuses.

> maybe he's an addict.

Hmm, that's why it sounded so familiar. Convincing yourself that "just one
won't hurt," and then having that "just one," and then finding yourself
back in the midst of cravings . . . that's the path I took every time I
went back to smoking after trying to quit. See it all the time on as3,
they call it "junkie thinking."

--
Michelle Levin
http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

I have only 3 flaws. My first flaw is thinking that I only have 3 flaws.

Doug Lerner wrote:
|| Roger Zoul wrote:
||| You basically planned this whole thing. You had your noddles once
||| for the holiday, then you "notioned up" this business about how
||| they were somehow special and that perhaps you could include them
||| in your diet even though you knew they were high in carbs and you
||| might get cravings. Are noddles so important that you had to do
||| this? Gosh, it's one thing for people to just have a bad day when
||| struggling to start a major change in eating, but you willfully
||| walked into this with your eyes open - and it's not like you're
||| some newbie at this, either. So stop trying to act like you need
||| some consideration for not being mr perfect dieter. It's time to
||| buck the hell up, follow the damn plan, and quit making excuses.
|| Roger, there is no point in being nasty, is there? Well, at least
|| most
|| of the people here are nice.

Screw being nice, doug. You were back making progress and you talked
yourself into a hole.

|| The conversation about buckwheat noodles was very considered, I
|| thought,
|| with various people providing input. And not everybody agreed with
|| you either. There were postings about successful use of buckwheat
|| noodles on
|| the diet. There was a post about how buckwheat was helpful for type
|| II diabetic people.

Why don't you go back and reread things, doug. A person mentioned eating
"small bowl". What does that mean exactly? And what do you know of this
person? Everyone is different. There was no need for you to bother with
other off plan foray and trying to convince yourself that this hairbrained
scheme would work, doug.

|| There is no rule that says we can't try to improve the variety of the
|| diet when possible, is there?

Yes there is, especially when you can't lose weight and keep it off.

Roger Zoul wrote:
> Doug Lerner wrote:
> || Roger, there is no point in being nasty, is there? Well, at least
> || most
> || of the people here are nice.
>
> Screw being nice, doug. You were back making progress and you talked
> yourself into a hole.
>
> || The conversation about buckwheat noodles was very considered, I
> || thought,
> || with various people providing input. And not everybody agreed with
> || you either. There were postings about successful use of buckwheat
> || noodles on
> || the diet. There was a post about how buckwheat was helpful for type
> || II diabetic people.
>
> Why don't you go back and reread things, doug. A person mentioned eating
> "small bowl". What does that mean exactly? And what do you know of this
> person? Everyone is different. There was no need for you to bother with
> other off plan foray and trying to convince yourself that this hairbrained
> scheme would work, doug.

> || There is no rule that says we can't try to improve the variety of the
> || diet when possible, is there?
>
> Yes there is, especially when you can't lose weight and keep it off.
>
> || Jeez...
> || doug

I was the person that suggested a smaller serving, perhaps 1/4 of a
normal one. I know that carbs are an addiction. I suggested what I did
due to the OPs insistance that it's an important custom. If he had only
eaten 1/4 serving, he would have only ingested approximately 15g of
carbs, far better than the 60g a full serving has.

Forgive me if I didn't know this is an ongoing problem with this poster.
I've only re-joined this about a week ago after a 3 year hiatus.
Things have changed around her since then, a LOT. I don't even
recognise most of the posters. :(

Lilith79 wrote:

> Forgive me if I didn't know this is an ongoing problem with this poster.
> I've only re-joined this about a week ago after a 3 year hiatus. Things
> have changed around her since then, a LOT. I don't even recognise most
> of the posters. :(

It isn't an "ongoing problem with the poster". It's an ongoing problem
with some people who just can't bring themselves to not make nasty jibes.

I'll just ignore them from now on.

doug

Doug Lerner writes:
>Roger Zoul wrote:

>> You basically planned this whole thing. You had your noddles once for the
>> holiday, then you "notioned up" this business about how they were somehow
>> special and that perhaps you could include them in your diet even though you
>> knew they were high in carbs and you might get cravings. Are noddles so
>> important that you had to do this? Gosh, it's one thing for people to just
>> have a bad day when struggling to start a major change in eating, but you
>> willfully walked into this with your eyes open - and it's not like you're
>> some newbie at this, either. So stop trying to act like you need some
>> consideration for not being mr perfect dieter. It's time to buck the hell
>> up, follow the damn plan, and quit making excuses.

>Roger, there is no point in being nasty, is there?

nasty != whatever Doug doesn't want to hear

Did you or did you not *deliberately* plan to eat the noodles in
advance?

>Well, at least most of the people here are nice.

nice != whatever Doug wants to hear

Roger has already (quite nicely IMO) spent a LOT of time trying to
help you out.

>The conversation about buckwheat noodles was very considered, I thought,
>with various people providing input. And not everybody agreed with you
>either. There were postings about successful use of buckwheat noodles on
>the diet. There was a post about how buckwheat was helpful for type II
>diabetic people.
>
>There is no rule that says we can't try to improve the variety of the
>diet when possible, is there?
>
>Jeez...

Doug, most of your posts ooze denial and rationalizations. It's
almost painful to watch. This particular thread is a prime example.

Until you overcome these tendencies and show a little backbone, you
will not be successful at any diet plan.

As "unfair" as it may seem, that's the way it is.

Doug Lerner wrote:
|| Lilith79 wrote:
||| Forgive me if I didn't know this is an ongoing problem with this
||| poster. I've only re-joined this about a week ago after a 3 year
||| hiatus. Things have changed around her since then, a LOT. I don't
||| even recognise most of the posters. :(
|| It isn't an "ongoing problem with the poster". It's an ongoing
|| problem with some people who just can't bring themselves to not make
|| nasty jibes.
|| I'll just ignore them from now on.

Yeah, right. Now you wish to blame me for your lacking of being able to
stick to your choose plan? Perhaps you need to google your own posts, doug.

Roger Zoul writes:
>Doug Lerner wrote:
>|| It isn't an "ongoing problem with the poster". It's an ongoing
>|| problem with some people who just can't bring themselves to not make
>|| nasty jibes.
>|| I'll just ignore them from now on.
>Yeah, right. Now you wish to blame me for your lacking of being able to
>stick to your choose plan? Perhaps you need to google your own posts, doug.

You certainly didn't do anything wrong.

If he decides to ignore you now after all the help you've generously
given him (time and time again), it'll be worse than pathetic.

Concordia wrote:
|| Roger Zoul writes:
||| Yeah, right. Now you wish to blame me for your lacking of being
||| able to stick to your choose plan? Perhaps you need to google your
||| own posts, doug.
|| You certainly didn't do anything wrong.
|| If he decides to ignore you now after all the help you've generously
|| given him (time and time again), it'll be worse than pathetic.

He'll pay attention - if he really wants to lose the weight.

Boy, I shouldn't keyboard right after getting out of bed -- the typos that
get by are scary!

Roger Zoul writes:
>Concordia wrote:
>|| You certainly didn't do anything wrong.
>|| If he decides to ignore you now after all the help you've generously
>|| given him (time and time again), it'll be worse than pathetic.
>
>He'll pay attention - if he really wants to lose the weight.

Precisely.

>I shouldn't keyboard right after getting out of bed -- the typos that
>get by are scary!

I think you've expressed yourself fairly well thus far, and my hope
for Doug is that he will be able to review and glean what he needs to
glean from your most helpful and informative posts when he's truly
ready to get down to business.