Hit a bump in the road - no more soba for me

Doug Lerner

Guest
My experiment with soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles) turned out to be
not such a great idea after all. I tried some again yesterday and pretty
much got carb cravings.

Last night (blaming the cravings rather than me, of course :)) I ended
up going off low-carb altogether. I had fried chicken, a fast-food
sandwich (ok, two) and chocolate! Agh! I would like to report that I
felt terrible afterwards, but I didn't, and slept well.

But... I know this is the way to doom, so this morning (it is 8am
Tuesday here) I am committed to getting back on the 20 carb/day
bandwagon and no more high carb experiments for now.

We'll see how yesterday's terrible diet day affects my entire week when
I check my weight again on Friday.

Agh!

doug

Since Friday is days away, your one carby day probably won't affect your
weight much. If you had weighed yourself today or tomorrow, you might have
seen an effect.

on Tue, 04 Jan 2005 08:06:54 +0900, Doug Lerner <[email protected]> wrote:

>We'll see how yesterday's terrible diet day affects my entire week when
>I check my weight again on Friday.

-----
Bev

Doug Lerner wrote:
|| My experiment with soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles) turned out to be
|| not such a great idea after all. I tried some again yesterday and
|| pretty much got carb cravings.
|| Last night (blaming the cravings rather than me, of course :)) I
|| ended up going off low-carb altogether. I had fried chicken, a
|| fast-food sandwich (ok, two) and chocolate! Agh! I would like to
|| report that I felt terrible afterwards, but I didn't, and slept well.
|| But... I know this is the way to doom, so this morning (it is 8am
|| Tuesday here) I am committed to getting back on the 20 carb/day
|| bandwagon and no more high carb experiments for now.
|| We'll see how yesterday's terrible diet day affects my entire week
|| when I check my weight again on Friday.
|| Agh!

Remember: don't rock the damn boat, doug.

I just don't get you. If you really want to make some progress, make a
committment to doing what it takes and quit trying to find some
yet-to-be-covered truth!

So what if you're bored with food options. You're not going to starve to
death.

Hahahaha!

--
Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

"Doug Lerner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My experiment with soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles) turned out to be not
> such a great idea after all. I tried some again yesterday and pretty much
> got carb cravings.
>
> Last night (blaming the cravings rather than me, of course :)) I ended up
> going off low-carb altogether. I had fried chicken, a fast-food sandwich
> (ok, two) and chocolate! Agh! I would like to report that I felt terrible
> afterwards, but I didn't, and slept well.
>
> But... I know this is the way to doom, so this morning (it is 8am Tuesday
> here) I am committed to getting back on the 20 carb/day bandwagon and no
> more high carb experiments for now.
>
> We'll see how yesterday's terrible diet day affects my entire week when I
> check my weight again on Friday.
>
> Agh!
>
> doug

I know. That's why I won't weigh myself today or tomorrow! :)

doug

Ignoramus22732 <[email protected]> wrote:

> You can't say that carbs in corn are different from carbs in buckwheat
> as far as appetite is concerned.

the glycemic index begs to differ.

Ignoramus22732 <[email protected]> wrote:

> You can't say that carbs in corn are different from carbs in buckwheat
> as far as appetite is concerned.

the glycemic index begs to differ.

"The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1gptten.1wcl1i012a4mfeN%[email protected]...
> Ignoramus22732 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> You can't say that carbs in corn are different from carbs in buckwheat
>> as far as appetite is concerned.

> the glycemic index begs to differ.

You'll have to do better than that.

Ignoramus22732 wrote:

> I, frankly, do not understand this monumental struggle that occurs for
> no good reason. Just how difficult it is to follow simple diet
> directions? Can you simply "follow the directions" for say 1/2 year.

Iggy, this is a diet support group. Need I point out the obvious - it IS
difficult to stay on diets and also to maintain weight loss after a
successful round of dieting.

Just look around you at how many people are overweight and struggling to
lose weight.

While you might never falter or have a bad diet day, most of us are just
not so perfect. It is not that easy - low-carb or not.

doug

Doug Lerner wrote:
|| Ignoramus22732 wrote:
||| I, frankly, do not understand this monumental struggle that occurs
||| for no good reason. Just how difficult it is to follow simple diet
||| directions? Can you simply "follow the directions" for say 1/2 year.
|| Iggy, this is a diet support group. Need I point out the obvious -
|| it IS difficult to stay on diets and also to maintain weight loss
|| after a successful round of dieting.
|| Just look around you at how many people are overweight and
|| struggling to lose weight.
|| While you might never falter or have a bad diet day, most of us are
|| just not so perfect. It is not that easy - low-carb or not.

You basically planned this whole thing. You had your noddles once for the
holiday, then you "notioned up" this business about how they were somehow
special and that perhaps you could include them in your diet even though you
knew they were high in carbs and you might get cravings. Are noddles so
important that you had to do this? Gosh, it's one thing for people to just
have a bad day when struggling to start a major change in eating, but you
willfully walked into this with your eyes open - and it's not like you're
some newbie at this, either. So stop trying to act like you need some
consideration for not being mr perfect dieter. It's time to buck the hell
up, follow the damn plan, and quit making excuses.

You're a wise man. Most people would jump on the scale the next morning,
get even more discouraged when they see it go up, and possibly do even more
harm by giving up. Good for you! :)

JC Der Koenig <[email protected]> wrote:

> "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Ignoramus22732 <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> You can't say that carbs in corn are different from carbs in buckwheat
> >> as far as appetite is concerned.

> > the glycemic index begs to differ.
> >

> You'll have to do better than that.

no, i don't.

Roger Zoul <[email protected]> wrote:

> Doug Lerner wrote:
> || Iggy, this is a diet support group. Need I point out the obvious -
> || it IS difficult to stay on diets and also to maintain weight loss
> || after a successful round of dieting.
> || Just look around you at how many people are overweight and
> || struggling to lose weight.
> || While you might never falter or have a bad diet day, most of us are
> || just not so perfect. It is not that easy - low-carb or not.
>
> You basically planned this whole thing. You had your noddles once for the
> holiday, then you "notioned up" this business about how they were somehow
> special and that perhaps you could include them in your diet even though you
> knew they were high in carbs and you might get cravings. Are noddles so
> important that you had to do this? Gosh, it's one thing for people to just
> have a bad day when struggling to start a major change in eating, but you
> willfully walked into this with your eyes open - and it's not like you're
> some newbie at this, either. So stop trying to act like you need some
> consideration for not being mr perfect dieter. It's time to buck the hell
> up, follow the damn plan, and quit making excuses.

maybe he's an addict.

Roger Zoul <[email protected]> wrote:

> Doug Lerner wrote:
> || Iggy, this is a diet support group. Need I point out the obvious -
> || it IS difficult to stay on diets and also to maintain weight loss
> || after a successful round of dieting.
> || Just look around you at how many people are overweight and
> || struggling to lose weight.
> || While you might never falter or have a bad diet day, most of us are
> || just not so perfect. It is not that easy - low-carb or not.
>
> You basically planned this whole thing. You had your noddles once for the
> holiday, then you "notioned up" this business about how they were somehow
> special and that perhaps you could include them in your diet even though you
> knew they were high in carbs and you might get cravings. Are noddles so
> important that you had to do this? Gosh, it's one thing for people to just
> have a bad day when struggling to start a major change in eating, but you
> willfully walked into this with your eyes open - and it's not like you're
> some newbie at this, either. So stop trying to act like you need some
> consideration for not being mr perfect dieter. It's time to buck the hell
> up, follow the damn plan, and quit making excuses.

maybe he's an addict.

Ignoramus22732 <[email protected]> wrote:

> The Queen of Cans and Jars <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Ignoramus22732 <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> You can't say that carbs in corn are different from carbs in buckwheat
> >> as far as appetite is concerned.

> > the glycemic index begs to differ.
> >

> Glycemic index is mostly ********... A very fuzzy concept of very
> limited usefulness.

based on what? and don't post another link to a .pdf that i won't
bother looking at, say whatever you have to say here.

Ignoramus22732 <[email protected]> wrote:

> The Queen of Cans and Jars <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Ignoramus22732 <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> You can't say that carbs in corn are different from carbs in buckwheat
> >> as far as appetite is concerned.

> > the glycemic index begs to differ.
> >

> Glycemic index is mostly ********... A very fuzzy concept of very
> limited usefulness.

based on what? and don't post another link to a .pdf that i won't
bother looking at, say whatever you have to say here.

No wonder you're still fat.

--
Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

news:1gptw9m.11sz3a9186xlonN%[email protected]...