Hit a cyclist today - what sort of trouble am I in

baj32161 said:
Indeed. It would take a special kind of idiot to come into a cycling forum and admit to hitting a cyclist while driving illegally and leaving the scene...then ask for everyone's opinion. I don't buy this for one moment:rolleyes: .
You forgot and doesn't have insurance. :D

I'm screaming TROLL........but if not, you need to be shot. Just culling the herd.

MarkInNC said:
Gotta be a spiff. Nobody could be that dumb.
I differ... dumb people are very clever. They will always find a way to amaze you;)

Has anybody heard the story about the burglar that was given a check and got caught at the bank when trying to cash it??? It's the same story here.

C'dale Girl said:
I actually suspected it was a troll for those very reasons. I even had a handful of suspects in mind when I made my post. :rolleyes: You're a complete idiot if you go onto an internet site to discuss a crime you committed and are trying to cover up. ;)

"Complete idiot", nah. some parts are missing. One day courts may use electronically transmitted data as evidence................oh you tell me it has already been done?
What a surprise!

"If it is true". It is about a hit and run and it appears the person is on the run. If that really is the case then they would be taking a "great" risk, because the administrator has their personal information and can and may turn it over to the authorities due to the seriousness of it.

Seems like a hoax to me. Let them prove me wrong!

Probably a hoax, but I do know two people where I work who would do the same thing if it happened to them. One is driving on a suspended license and speeds all the time. The other is one traffic stop from going to jail on a bench warrant that he has not responded to.

kdelong said:
Probably a hoax, but I do know two people where I work who would do the same thing if it happened to them. One is driving on a suspended license and speeds all the time. The other is one traffic stop from going to jail on a bench warrant that he has not responded to.
I would have turned them in by now, I don't tolerate that kind of behavior, especially when it can endanger my family.

stlblues said:
I would have turned them in by now, I don't tolerate that kind of behavior, especially when it can endanger my family.
Can't turn them in. The cops have to catch them breaking the law to pick them up. They can't stop them without probable cause.

kdelong said:
Can't turn them in. The cops have to catch them breaking the law to pick them up. They can't stop them without probable cause.
That's something I don't understand about lawyer's jargon... Is not a probable cause that somebody is accussing you of a felony?

I mean they can't stop you for not having a license, but if you commit a crime while driving then they can nail you for both things?

kdelong said:
You can make sure they get caught driving on a suspended license, and if there is a bench warrant, they can be picked up on a tip.

It's really easy to see through, the last place a non cyclist like this after what supposedly happened, is to seek out a cycling website.

Sorry lads if you think I'm on the wind up, but this is 100% serious

I need to drive because I am self employed, lost my licence for 6 months for drink diving

Only joined to see if anyone knew the law RE: motorists hitting cyclists

Anyway since the accident I have been using public transport and I've shaved my hair off and wearing a pair of glasses in public to avoid getting caught

pert said:

I need to drive because I am self employed, lost my licence for 6 months for drink diving

Anyway since the accident I have been using public transport and I've shaved my hair off and wearing a pair of glasses in public to avoid getting caught
Driving drunk, you are truly a POS. And apparently you can't drive sober either. You need to be run over. If you are self employed, you should have known the importance of a drivers license and never driven under the influence. I rarely drink, and even after only one beer, my wife drives...period.

pert said:

Gimme a break. You're so full of it. I'm sorry, but THIS was over the top. And, if you're self-employed, why were you so worried about your mommy and daddy in an earlier post? ;)

C'dale Girl said:
Gimme a break. You're so full of it. I'm sorry, but THIS was over the top. And, if you're self-employed, why were you so worried about your mommy and daddy in an earlier post? ;)
Well I take the same route to work everyday, chances are this guy I hit, while his bike is getting fixed. Will be traveling on the same route as me, the same route that i hit him on. And seeing as he got a good look at me i'm sure you can understand why.

Oh and I sold my car to pay legal fees on my dink driving case, so thats why I'm using my parents car.

pert said:
Well I take the same route to work everyday, chances are this guy I hit, while his bike is getting fixed. Will be traveling on the same route as me, the same route that i hit him on. And seeing as he got a good look at me i'm sure you can understand why.

Oh and I sold my car to pay legal fees on my dink driving case, so thats why I'm using my parents car.

And you are located approximately where?

pert said:

Well, if this is all true, then the FIRST thing you have to do is to tell your parents ...

Because, won't one of them be surprised if they are driving the car in question AND they are stopped & arrested for a hit-and-run!

Of course, THEY bear some liability for allowing you to use their car since they obviously must be aware of the fact that you are driving without a licence/etc. UNLESS they want to claim that you "stole" the car [grand theft auto!] & used it without their permission!

This is JUST MY OPINION, but I also think you should give SERIOUS thought to reporting the accident ... or, joining a monastery/whatever OR enlisting in the military OR volunteering for a foreign mission -- whatever "adventure" will extend beyond the statute-of-limitation.