Hit by flying soda can

Pendejo

Apr 8, 2006
It's a first for me, after upteen thousands of miles riding. I was stopped at a red light this afternoon, and all of a sudden got thudded on the back, kidney area, hard. The can was open, and spewing soda as it hit the pavement, and it must have been pretty full. Two cars were going past me at that time, and I don't know which one was the guilty party. The thing I'm worried about though is my reaction. Instead of fantasizing for the next couple of hours about torture/murder, which is the healthy response in my opinion, I almost laughed. Should I see a shrink?

Reactions: haleylx4
bikeguy said:
No, laughing is healthier.

-bikeguy

Yup. Welcome to the Human Race. In November I got hit in the right hand by what seemed like a full 20oz soda bottle thrown from a car going in the opposite direction as me. As a reward for that anonymous gesture, I get to have my hand surgically fixed next week. Go figure.

alienator said:
Yup. Welcome to the Human Race. In November I got hit in the right hand by what seemed like a full 20oz soda bottle thrown from a car going in the opposite direction as me. As a reward for that anonymous gesture, I get to have my hand surgically fixed next week. Go figure.
What? No gloves?

Seriously, I think we are supposed to catch them and drink it. It's a fluid supplement from our "support" car! :cool:

sogood said:
What? No gloves?

Seriously, I think we are supposed to catch them and drink it. It's a fluid supplement from our "support" car! :cool:

Alas, my gloves don't have padded knuckles. And I wish that my support car had been going in the same direction as me, cuz that 40-50mph pop bottle hittin' the knuckles was kinda ouchy.

alienator said:
More like the Human disgRACE. Actually, I don't think we should be so casual about including creatures in the human race just because they share similar genetic material. There also should be some minimal moral/mental requirements to count as human. I suggest we call the ones who fall short something other than human. How about Hermans?

Laughing is the healthier response. Although, as Alienator points out, these morons don't realise what they can do to people.

And then car drivers get killed by pedestrians throwning rocks off freeway overpass... Madness! :confused:

You live in Sydney - Eastern Surburbs ?

Where were you when it got thrown at you ?

What is it about humanity that makes us lash out at those who have different values from ours? (I'm including myself in that, regrettably)

I('ve benn hit before and i found it to be hilarious and it scares the hell out of the people that hit you with it. Instead of chasing them down i just laughed its more helthier in the long run.

steve_18798 said:
I('ve benn hit before and i found it to be hilarious and it scares the hell out of the people that hit you with it. Instead of chasing them down i just laughed its more helthier in the long run.
You must have incredible reflexes to be able to quickly turn a natural 3F (fight, flight, fright) response to a big laugh! :D

Pendejo said:
More like the Human disgRACE. Actually, I don't think we should be so casual about including creatures in the human race just because they share similar genetic material. There also should be some minimal moral/mental requirements to count as human. I suggest we call the ones who fall short something other than human. How about Hermans?
Hermans? I kinda like it. It's nice and formal. I have my own word for people like that. It's not nice, but I usually call them stupid (insert "B"-word here)'s.....*ahem* hehe;)

I once had a small carton of milk thrown at me while riding. also as I was just starting out riding, I noticed that when I got near to the top of this hill, cars would blare the horn at me. Don't really think it was to warn me as they didn't seem to care when I was at an earlier point of the road...

When I was younger, I was walking alongside a road (I missed the bus home from school) and some dork actually threw a bottle of beer which hit me in shin of my right leg...
luckily, I didn't end up with an injury (other than a bad bruise...). There are some real goofs out there...

Was driving through town last weekend, when a car behind me (which was momentarily stopped at a light) held something out to a homeless guy working the corner. As he approached the car, they threw a bunch of garbage at him. Sometimes the fact that we all share the same genetic material is saddening, but watcha gonna do. :confused:

Mr. Freeman said:
Hermans? It's not nice, but I usually call them stupid (insert "B"-word here)'s.....*ahem* hehe;)
Stupid Bastards ! Works for me.

Read "Ghost in the Machine". You will come to realize that we are ALL completely ****ed:mad: (by the way, I carry mase with me on some rides).

what i have done is go like hell catch them at a lite hit the side of the car as hard as i can punch at the windows and scream like a madman. works for me.