hit & run

In article <[email protected]>, Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes
>The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>> There's a rather more profound reason than which offence it is. I once saw an American woman with
>> a T shirt saying. 'Women Have Balls.' But they haven't, you know. I've looked.
>
>At all of them?

A large enough sample to be sure
--
The Big Baguette

Tim S <tim@[email protected]> wrote:
> <snip>
>> This is obviously a plot to get us interested in East Anglia. Some hope! Strange how Helen seems
>> to have disappeared?
>> --
>> Michael MacClancy
>
> Why is there an East Anglia? Don't recall ever hearing of a West Anglia, or Central Anglia?
>
> Or did I flunk geography badly . . . .
>
> Tim S

2/10, must try harder ;-)

There is a West Anglia with a train company West Anglia Great Northern and even a West Anglia
College in Kings Lynn

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
their job."

Samuel Goldwyn

The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes
>> The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>> There's a rather more profound reason than which offence it is. I once saw an American woman
>>> with a T shirt saying. 'Women Have Balls.' But they haven't, you know. I've looked.
>>
>> At all of them?
>>
> A large enough sample to be sure

Its unwise to extrapolate a sample of one, no matter how large she was, to the whole population ;-)

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
their job."

Samuel Goldwyn

>Helen, not sure what's happened here, but following the above url took me to an article on an
>arsonist, which I presume isn't anything to do with the 'hit & run' of your subject line. Such is
>the power of the 'net. Dave.

Thaks Dave - in that case the original URL has been changed, 'cos when I did the conversion into the
tinyurl, I did a check to see if it would take me to the correct article.

The news has now moved further - a woman has been arrested. Which could explain the move of the
original story.

Long URL

http://www.teletext.co.uk/news/story.asp?intArticleID=52483&intarticlenumb
er=6&intRegionID=1&intSubsectionID=1&From=I&indent=30

"WOMAN BAILED OVER HIT-RUN CRASH A woman has been arrested over a hit-and-run accident in
Peterborough which left a cyclist seriously hurt.

Pauline Hills, 58, from the Paston area of the city, suffered head and leg injuries after the
collision with a car which did not stop at the scene.

A 28-year-old Peterborough woman was arrested for failing to stop. She has been bailed pending
further inquiries.

RECEIVED: 07/03/2003 14:50:20"

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

In article <[email protected]>, Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes
>The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> At all of them?
>>>
>> A large enough sample to be sure
>
>Its unwise to extrapolate a sample of one, no matter how large she was, to the whole population ;-)

You like big women too, eh?
--
The Big Baguette

The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> I got a story about a woman cyclist fighting for her life after being hit by a metallic green car
> which drove off

That must be the one. When we get mown down by motor vehicles, as we do from time to time, we can at
least subscribe the driver's behaviour to stupidity, inattention, anger, arrogance or some other
human failing. Racing off from the scene, however, is sub-human.

--
Dave...

On 07 Mar 2003 16:04:02 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

>>Helen, not sure what's happened here, but following the above url took me to an article on an
>>arsonist, which I presume isn't anything to do with the 'hit & run' of your subject line. Such is
>>the power of the 'net. Dave.
>>

>Thaks Dave - in that case the original URL has been changed, 'cos when I did the conversion into
>the tinyurl, I did a check to see if it would take me to the correct article.
>
>The news has now moved further - a woman has been arrested. Which could explain the move of the
>original story.
>
>Long URL
>
>http://www.teletext.co.uk/news/story.asp?intArticleID=52483&intarticlenumb
>er=6&intRegionID=1&intSubsectionID=1&From=I&indent=30

Thanks for that. Top tip of the day: Enclose long URLs in <angle
brackets>. Should stop them being line wrapped.

Tim

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:18:54 +0000, The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes
>>The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> In article <[email protected]>, Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes

>>> A large enough sample to be sure
>>
>>Its unwise to extrapolate a sample of one, no matter how large she was, to the whole
>>population ;-)
>>
>You like big women too, eh?

That's what I thought when I read in the ironing shirts thread "Take a chunky women's mag"

Tim

"Tim S" <tim@[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> <snip>
> > This is obviously a plot to get us interested in East Anglia. Some hope! Strange how Helen seems
> > to have disappeared?
> > --
> > Michael MacClancy
>
> Why is there an East Anglia? Don't recall ever hearing of a West Anglia,
or
> Central Anglia?
>
> Or did I flunk geography badly . . . .

Or History & Geography... :)

There were East Angles (East Anglia), Middle Angles (now East Midlands), North Angles (Northumbria).
Its arguable that the Mercians were the West Angles - Bede says the Mercians were of Angle decent.

Put "East Angles, Middle Angles" into Google for a reasonable list of links.

NC - from the land of the south folk angles, near the border with the east saxons.

"NC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Tim S" <tim@[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > <snip>
> > > This is obviously a plot to get us interested in East Anglia. Some hope! Strange how Helen
> > > seems to have disappeared?
> > > --
> > > Michael MacClancy
> >
> > Why is there an East Anglia? Don't recall ever hearing of a West Anglia,
> or
> > Central Anglia?
> >
> > Or did I flunk geography badly . . . .
>
> Or History & Geography... :)
>
> There were East Angles (East Anglia), Middle Angles (now East Midlands), North Angles
> (Northumbria). Its arguable that the Mercians were the West Angles - Bede says the Mercians were
> of Angle decent.
>
> Put "East Angles, Middle Angles" into Google for a reasonable list of
links.

> NC - from the land of the south folk angles, near the border with the east saxons.

...So where do the Ford Angles fit in ?... would that be down by yon riverside ?...

> >Helen, not sure what's happened here, but following the above url took me to an article on an
> >arsonist, which I presume isn't anything to do with the 'hit & run' of your subject line. Such is
> >the power of the 'net. Dave.
> >

> Thaks Dave - in that case the original URL has been changed, 'cos when I did the conversion into
> the tinyurl, I did a check to see if it would take me to the correct article.

Some online newspapers use permanent unique identifiers for stories, some don't. I suspect this one
had an identifier for the main story on page X, or whatever, which will change day-to-day or
week-to-week.

Colin