hit & run

Wafflycathcsdir

Guest
If you happen to be in the Peterborough area, keep an eye out for a metallic green car with front
end damage (possibly a Ford).

See http://tinyurl.com/70zw

The phone number for Peterborough Police Station is 01733 563232

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

In article <[email protected]>, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter
<[email protected]> writes

*******
--
The Big Baguette

> If you happen to be in the Peterborough area, keep an eye out for a
metallic
> green car with front end damage (possibly a Ford).
>
> See http://tinyurl.com/70zw
>
> The phone number for Peterborough Police Station is 01733 563232
>
> Cheers, helen s

Helen, not sure what's happened here, but following the above url took me to an article on an
arsonist, which I presume isn't anything to do with the 'hit & run' of your subject line. Such is
the power of the 'net. Dave.

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> news:[email protected]...
> > If you happen to be in the Peterborough area, keep an eye out for a
> metallic
> > green car with front end damage (possibly a Ford).
> >
> > See http://tinyurl.com/70zw
> >
> > The phone number for Peterborough Police Station is 01733 563232
> >
> > Cheers, helen s
> >
> Helen, not sure what's happened here, but following the above url took me to an article on an
> arsonist, which I presume isn't anything to do with the 'hit
&
> run' of your subject line. Such is the power of the 'net. Dave.

I get arsonists in subject line and article.

In article <[email protected]>, Dave <no- [email protected]> writes

>"wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> If you happen to be in the Peterborough area, keep an eye out for a
>metallic
>> green car with front end damage (possibly a Ford).
>>
>> See http://tinyurl.com/70zw
>>
>> The phone number for Peterborough Police Station is 01733 563232
>>
>> Cheers, helen s
>>
>Helen, not sure what's happened here, but following the above url took me to an article on an
>arsonist, which I presume isn't anything to do with the 'hit & run' of your subject line. Such is
>the power of the 'net. Dave.

Strange -- it worked for me.
--
The Big Baguette

Originally posted by Wafflycathcsdir
If you happen to be in the Peterborough area, keep an eye out for a metallic green car with front
end damage (possibly a Ford).

See http://tinyurl.com/70zw

The phone number for Peterborough Police Station is 01733 563232

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Ummm...the article I got when following that link is:

---------------
ENGINEERS KILLED IN FUEL TANK
Two engineers who died after becoming trapped in a fuel tank in Suffolk have been identified as stepfather and son.

Police have identified the victims as Brian Dove, 55, from Burgh Castle, near Great Yarmouth, and his stepson Charles Buckenham, 52, from Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Emergency crews recovered the bodies in a seven-hour operation. It is believed the pair were overcome by fumes.
---------------

A car did this?

cheers!

In message <[email protected]>, The Big Baguette <[email protected]> writes
>In article <[email protected]>, Dave <no- [email protected]> writes
>>
>>"wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> If you happen to be in the Peterborough area, keep an eye out for a
>>metallic
>>> green car with front end damage (possibly a Ford).
>>>
>>> See http://tinyurl.com/70zw
>>>
>>> The phone number for Peterborough Police Station is 01733 563232
>>>
>>> Cheers, helen s
>>>
>>Helen, not sure what's happened here, but following the above url took me to an article on an
>>arsonist, which I presume isn't anything to do with the 'hit & run' of your subject line. Such is
>>the power of the 'net. Dave.
>>
>Strange -- it worked for me.

Not for me. I get:-

NEWS STORY

REWARD FOR CAPTURE OF ARSONISTS A £100 reward has been offered for information leading to the arrest
and conviction of arsonists in a village in Northamptonshire.

The reward has been offered by Weedon Parish Council following a spate of fires in litter bins and
bus shelters.

The village's community beat officer, Pc Scott Bennett, said: "These are mindless acts of
vandalism."

RECEIVED: 07/03/2003 08:57:02

Back to E Anglia News index

--
Michael MacClancy

In article <[email protected]>, steve <[email protected]> writes
>Wafflycathcsdir wrote:
> > If you happen to be in the Peterborough area, keep an eye out for a metallic green car with
> > front end damage (possibly a Ford). See http://tinyurl.com/70zwhttp://tinyurl.com/70zw The
> > phone number for Peterborough Police Station is 01733 563232 Cheers, helen s
> > ~~~~~~~~~~
> > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply! Any
> > speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
> > ~~~~~~~~~~
>

>Ummm...the article I got when following that link is:
>
>---------------
>ENGINEERS KILLED IN FUEL TANK Two engineers who died after becoming trapped in a fuel tank in
>Suffolk have been identified as stepfather and son.
>
>Police have identified the victims as Brian Dove, 55, from Burgh Castle, near Great Yarmouth, and
>his stepson Charles Buckenham, 52, from Lowestoft, Suffolk.
>
>Emergency crews recovered the bodies in a seven-hour operation. It is believed the pair were
>overcome by fumes.
>---------------
>
>A car did this?

I got a story about a woman cyclist fighting for her life after being hit by a metallic green car
which drove off
--
The Big Baguette

"The Big Baguette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, steve <[email protected]> writes
> >Wafflycathcsdir wrote:
> > > If you happen to be in the Peterborough area, keep an eye out for a metallic green car with
> > > front end damage (possibly a Ford). See http://tinyurl.com/70zwhttp://tinyurl.com/70zw The
> > > phone number for Peterborough Police Station is 01733 563232 Cheers, helen s
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~
> > > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply! Any
> > > speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~
> >

> >Ummm...the article I got when following that link is:
> >
> >---------------
> >ENGINEERS KILLED IN FUEL TANK Two engineers who died after becoming trapped in a fuel tank in
> >Suffolk have been identified as stepfather and son.
> >
> >Police have identified the victims as Brian Dove, 55, from Burgh Castle, near Great Yarmouth, and
> >his stepson Charles Buckenham, 52, from Lowestoft, Suffolk.
> >
> >Emergency crews recovered the bodies in a seven-hour operation. It is believed the pair were
> >overcome by fumes.
> >---------------
> >
> >A car did this?
> >
> I got a story about a woman cyclist fighting for her life after being hit by a metallic green car
> which drove off

I get: TRAILER FIRM TO AXE 50 JOBS Around 50 jobs are to go at a Norfolk trailer
manufacturing company.

>The Big Baguette [email protected]

>> > If you happen to be in the Peterborough area, keep an eye out for a metallic green car with
>> > front end damage (possibly a Ford). See http://tinyurl.com/70zw The phone number for
>> > Peterborough Police Station is 01733 563232 Cheers, helen s

>>Ummm...the article I got when following that link is:
>>
>>---------------
>>ENGINEERS KILLED IN FUEL TANK

>>A car did this?
>>
>I got a story about a woman cyclist fighting for her life after being hit by a metallic green car
>which drove off

And now it's talking about a trailer manufacturer laying folk off.

But if you click on the link at the bottom (East Anglia news index) you come to a page with a
further link to the hit and run story.

Apparently a 28 year-old Peterborough woman has now been arrested for failing to stop, and bailed.

6 points and £200?

John

In message <[email protected]>, The Big Baguette <[email protected]> writes
>In article <[email protected]>, steve <[email protected]> writes
>>Wafflycathcsdir wrote:
>> > If you happen to be in the Peterborough area, keep an eye out for a metallic green car with
>> > front end damage (possibly a Ford). See http://tinyurl.com/70zwhttp://tinyurl.com/70zw The
>> > phone number for Peterborough Police Station is 01733 563232 Cheers, helen s
>> > ~~~~~~~~~~
>> > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply! Any
>> > speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
>> > ~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>>Ummm...the article I got when following that link is:
>>
>>---------------
>>ENGINEERS KILLED IN FUEL TANK Two engineers who died after becoming trapped in a fuel tank in
>>Suffolk have been identified as stepfather and son.
>>
>>Police have identified the victims as Brian Dove, 55, from Burgh Castle, near Great Yarmouth, and
>>his stepson Charles Buckenham, 52, from Lowestoft, Suffolk.
>>
>>Emergency crews recovered the bodies in a seven-hour operation. It is believed the pair were
>>overcome by fumes.
>>---------------
>>
>>A car did this?
>>
>I got a story about a woman cyclist fighting for her life after being hit by a metallic green car
>which drove off

This is obviously a plot to get us interested in East Anglia. Some hope! Strange how Helen seems to
have disappeared?
--
Michael MacClancy

In article <[email protected]>, SabineUK <[email protected]> writes

>>I got a story about a woman cyclist fighting for her life after being hit by a metallic green car
>>which drove off
>
>And now it's talking about a trailer manufacturer laying folk off.
>
>But if you click on the link at the bottom (East Anglia news index) you come to a page with a
>further link to the hit and run story.
>
>Apparently a 28 year-old Peterborough woman has now been arrested for failing to stop, and bailed.
>
>6 points and £200?

Well, they can hardly cut her goolies off.
--
The Big Baguette

"The Big Baguette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >Apparently a 28 year-old Peterborough woman has now been arrested for failing to stop, and
> >bailed.
> >
> >6 points and £200?
> >
> Well, they can hardly cut her goolies off.

2nd offence??

In article <[email protected]>, Tony W <[email protected]> writes

>"The Big Baguette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> >Apparently a 28 year-old Peterborough woman has now been arrested for failing to stop, and
>> >bailed.
>> >
>> >6 points and £200?
>> >
>> Well, they can hardly cut her goolies off.
>

>2nd offence??

There's a rather more profound reason than which offence it is. I once saw an American woman with a
T shirt saying. 'Women Have Balls.' But they haven't, you know. I've looked.
--
The Big Baguette

<snip>
> This is obviously a plot to get us interested in East Anglia. Some hope! Strange how Helen seems
> to have disappeared?
> --
> Michael MacClancy

Why is there an East Anglia? Don't recall ever hearing of a West Anglia, or Central Anglia?

Or did I flunk geography badly . . . .

Tim S

"Tim S" <tim@[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> <snip>
> > This is obviously a plot to get us interested in East Anglia. Some hope! Strange how Helen seems
> > to have disappeared?
> > --
> > Michael MacClancy
>
> Why is there an East Anglia? Don't recall ever hearing of a West Anglia,
or
> Central Anglia?
>
> Or did I flunk geography badly . . . .
>
> Tim S

Didn't there used to be a Ford Anglia...possibly as per Vivian's hot rod in the Young Ones ?....

Michael MacClancy <[email protected]> wrote:

> >I got a story about a woman cyclist fighting for her life after being hit by a metallic green car
> >which drove off
>
> This is obviously a plot to get us interested in East Anglia. Some hope!
My wife and I went on holiday to East Anglia once, after 4 days we were so homesick that we headed
north looking for some hills ( We weren't cyclists then, we barely are now)

--
Marc Tabards, banners and signs for fundraising events and charities
http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

"The Big Baguette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> There's a rather more profound reason than which offence it is. I once saw an American woman with
> a T shirt saying. 'Women Have Balls.' But they haven't, you know. I've looked.

And they are all the nicer for it ;)

The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:

> There's a rather more profound reason than which offence it is. I once saw an American woman with
> a T shirt saying. 'Women Have Balls.' But they haven't, you know. I've looked.

At all of them?

Tony ;-)