Hitch Rack Comments?

Gary R. Brower

Guest
All,

I'm planning on upgrading to a hitch rack; I'm just too frustrated trying to put my, my wife's and
my daughter's bikes on my trunk rack.

I have a standard diamond frame; my wife has a mixte, and I have a trail-a-bike for my daughter.

What kinds of hitch racks do you use, and what can you say about them -- good or bad? Especially any
of you who might have trail-a-bikes?

Thanks!

Gary [email protected]

>What kinds of hitch racks do you use, and what can you say about them -- good or bad? Especially
>any of you who might have trail-a-bikes?

Draftmaster

I love mine. I have a tandem model modified to carry a 9' long bike, but I also use it to haul
normal bikes. I am sorry I waited so long to buy it.

www.draftmaster.com

"Gary R. Brower" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BADD1978.7A8D%[email protected]...
> All,
>
> I'm planning on upgrading to a hitch rack; I'm just too frustrated trying
> put my, my wife's and my daughter's bikes on my trunk rack.
>
> I have a standard diamond frame; my wife has a mixte, and I have a trail-a-bike for my daughter.
>
> What kinds of hitch racks do you use, and what can you say about them -- good or bad? Especially
> any of you who might have trail-a-bikes?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gary [email protected]

http://www.rei-outdoors.com/yakama_car_rack.htm

I don't have a trail-a-bike but I use this rack on my Venture van and love
it. I regularly carry three bikes on it and love the swing down feature for access to the back of
the van without having to remove the bike rack.

"Beverly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Gary R. Brower" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:BADD1978.7A8D%[email protected]...
> > All,
> >
> > I'm planning on upgrading to a hitch rack; I'm just too frustrated
trying
> > put my, my wife's and my daughter's bikes on my trunk rack.
> >
> > I have a standard diamond frame; my wife has a mixte, and I have a trail-a-bike for my daughter.
> >
> > What kinds of hitch racks do you use, and what can you say about them -- good or bad? Especially
> > any of you who might have trail-a-bikes?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Gary [email protected]
>
> http://www.rei-outdoors.com/yakama_car_rack.htm
>
> I don't have a trail-a-bike but I use this rack on my Venture van and love
> it. I regularly carry three bikes on it and love the swing down feature
for
> access to the back of the van without having to remove the bike rack.

Sorry about the link....it's the Yakima BigHorn 4