Hitch Rack Comments?

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Gary R. Brower, May 6, 2003.

  1. All,

    I'm planning on upgrading to a hitch rack; I'm just too frustrated trying to put my, my wife's and
    my daughter's bikes on my trunk rack.

    I have a standard diamond frame; my wife has a mixte, and I have a trail-a-bike for my daughter.

    What kinds of hitch racks do you use, and what can you say about them -- good or bad? Especially any
    of you who might have trail-a-bikes?

    Thanks!

    Gary [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Mike Euritt

    Mike Euritt Guest

    >What kinds of hitch racks do you use, and what can you say about them -- good or bad? Especially
    >any of you who might have trail-a-bikes?

    Draftmaster

    I love mine. I have a tandem model modified to carry a 9' long bike, but I also use it to haul
    normal bikes. I am sorry I waited so long to buy it.

    www.draftmaster.com

  3. Beverly

    Beverly Guest

    "Gary R. Brower" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BADD1978.7A8D%[email protected]...
    > All,
    >
    > I'm planning on upgrading to a hitch rack; I'm just too frustrated trying
    > put my, my wife's and my daughter's bikes on my trunk rack.
    >
    > I have a standard diamond frame; my wife has a mixte, and I have a trail-a-bike for my daughter.
    >
    > What kinds of hitch racks do you use, and what can you say about them -- good or bad? Especially
    > any of you who might have trail-a-bikes?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Gary [email protected]

    http://www.rei-outdoors.com/yakama_car_rack.htm

    I don't have a trail-a-bike but I use this rack on my Venture van and love
    it. I regularly carry three bikes on it and love the swing down feature for access to the back of
    the van without having to remove the bike rack.

  4. Beverly

    Beverly Guest

    "Beverly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Gary R. Brower" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:BADD1978.7A8D%[email protected]...
    > > All,
    > >
    > > I'm planning on upgrading to a hitch rack; I'm just too frustrated
    trying
    > > put my, my wife's and my daughter's bikes on my trunk rack.
    > >
    > > I have a standard diamond frame; my wife has a mixte, and I have a trail-a-bike for my daughter.
    > >
    > > What kinds of hitch racks do you use, and what can you say about them -- good or bad? Especially
    > > any of you who might have trail-a-bikes?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > Gary [email protected]
    >
    > http://www.rei-outdoors.com/yakama_car_rack.htm
    >
    > I don't have a trail-a-bike but I use this rack on my Venture van and love
    > it. I regularly carry three bikes on it and love the swing down feature
    for
    > access to the back of the van without having to remove the bike rack.

    Sorry about the link....it's the Yakima BigHorn 4