Hmm... in yen maybe?

"Q." <LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3641535002
> >
> > --
> > Phil, Squid-in-Training
> >

> Is this for real? Isn't this like, a $3500 bike?
>
> Ahhhhhhhhh! I see now, 2 bids were cancelled because they were fake! When I looked just a minute
> ago, it was at $7800, now it's back to a more reasonable $1,025.

More than likely the auction is fake. Check the sellers feedback, they usually sell antique type
items and collectibles. Now they are selling a high dollar bicyle? Also it's a 1 day auction, again,
not the type of auction the seller usually has. The account seems to have been hi-jacked.

All the red flags are there. Bidders id kept private. Must email first before bidding (at a
different email than the sellers). Not the usual item for seller. 1 day auction (get in, rip em off
before it smells to fishy and gets cancelled).

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3641535002

When I emailed this *seller* they wrote they were based in France. When I asked them why the ebay
account was from Kentucky, they replied with this gem:

Dear Sir, The item is new, sealed in the original box and comes with all the factory accessories. It
is 100% insured.We are a US company.

Our main store is in Kentucky.The company in France was established in order to launch our products
on the European market.We are shipping worldwide.Hoping this answers your doubts.

Best reagards,

Funny how "based in France" suddenly become "we are a US company" and with a "main store in
Kentucky".

I wonder how many people have lost their money so far?

I reported this to Ebay as soon as I saw it, but it's probably too late.

"R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3641535002
>

> When I emailed this *seller* they wrote they were based in France. When I asked them why the ebay
> account was from Kentucky, they replied with this gem:

----
> Dear Sir, The item is new, sealed in the original box and comes with all the factory accessories.
> It is 100% insured.We are a US company.
>
> Our main store is in Kentucky.The company in France was established in order to launch our
> products on the European market.We are shipping worldwide.Hoping this answers your doubts.
>
> Best reagards,
-----

> Funny how "based in France" suddenly become "we are a US company" and with a "main store in
> Kentucky".
>
> I wonder how many people have lost their money so far?
>
> I reported this to Ebay as soon as I saw it, but it's probably too late.

Email them back, tell them you live in France, and could pick up the bike in person (with payment in
hand) if they just give you their address ...

C.Q.C.

"Q." <LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3641535002
> >

> > When I emailed this *seller* they wrote they were based in France. When I asked them why the
> > ebay account was from Kentucky, they replied with this gem:

> ----
> > Dear Sir, The item is new, sealed in the original box and comes with all the factory
> > accessories. It is 100% insured.We are a US company.
> >
> > Our main store is in Kentucky.The company in France was established in order to launch our
> > products on the European market.We are shipping worldwide.Hoping this answers your doubts.
> >
> > Best reagards,
> -----
> >

> > Funny how "based in France" suddenly become "we are a US company" and with a "main store in
> > Kentucky".
> >
> > I wonder how many people have lost their money so far?
> >
> > I reported this to Ebay as soon as I saw it, but it's probably too late.
>
> Email them back, tell them you live in France, and could pick up the bike in person (with payment
> in hand) if they just give you their address ...
>
> C.Q.C.

They ceased all contact when I told them they were full of ****.

Here is a list of bikes they had on Ebay. Imagine how many people fell for this.

Yeti DH 9 Downhill Full suspension Freeride Trek Fuel 100 - 2003 Mountain Bike NEW! Trek Diesel
Freeride - 2003 Mountain Bike NEW Trek 4500 - 2003 Mountain Bike NEW! S-Works FSR 2003 Mountain Bike
NEW! S-Works Enduro 2003 Mountain Bike NEW! MAVERICK PRO ML7 XTR MOUNTAIN BIKE ! 2003 Epic Marathon
2003 Mountain Bike NEW! Epic Disc 2003 Mountain Bike NEW! Cannondale Jekyll 3000 NEW- 2004 model!
Cannondale Jekyll 3000 NEW! 2003 Cannondale Jekyll 1000 NEW- 2004 model! BigHit DH 2003 Mountain
Bike NEW! Trek 5900 - 2003 Road Bike NEW! Team Time Trial Lance 2003 Road Bike NEW! S-Works E5 Road
2003 Road Bike NEW! CannondaleTeam replica NEW- 2004 model! Cannondale R5000 NEW- 2004 model! 2002
Litespeed Ultimate Dura-ace All sizes and colors are available. The bikes are brand new in factory
boxes, never opened, never asambled, never ridden. We inform you that the bikes are sealed in their
original boxes. The warranty is not yet activated so you don’t have to worry. It will be activated
once the package is shipped. The price for one bike is $2200 including the shipping charges .We will
deliver the bikes by FeDex Express .Delivery takes 2 days.Shipping is done in the same day payment
is cleared.

For payment we accept money orders ,personal cheques,wire transfers. If you are interested to buy
one of our great bikes please email us a.s.a.p. and we will answer you promptly with all the
purchase details. Looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards

"R.White" <[email protected]> wrote

<snip>
> They ceased all contact when I told them they were full of ****.
>
> Here is a list of bikes they had on Ebay. Imagine how many people fell for this.
>
> Yeti DH 9 Downhill Full suspension Freeride Trek Fuel 100 - 2003 Mountain Bike NEW! Trek Diesel
> Freeride - 2003 Mountain Bike NEW Trek 4500 - 2003 Mountain Bike NEW! S-Works FSR 2003 Mountain
> Bike NEW! S-Works Enduro 2003 Mountain Bike NEW! MAVERICK PRO ML7 XTR MOUNTAIN BIKE ! 2003 Epic
> Marathon 2003 Mountain Bike NEW! Epic Disc 2003 Mountain Bike NEW! Cannondale Jekyll 3000 NEW-
> 2004 model! Cannondale Jekyll 3000 NEW! 2003 Cannondale Jekyll 1000 NEW- 2004 model! BigHit DH
> 2003 Mountain Bike NEW! Trek 5900 - 2003 Road Bike NEW! Team Time Trial Lance 2003 Road Bike NEW!
> S-Works E5 Road 2003 Road Bike NEW! CannondaleTeam replica NEW- 2004 model! Cannondale R5000 NEW-
> 2004 model! 2002 Litespeed Ultimate Dura-ace All sizes and colors are available. The bikes are
> brand new in factory boxes, never opened, never asambled,
never
> ridden. We inform you that the bikes are sealed in their original boxes. The
warranty is
> not yet activated so you donâ?Tt have to worry. It will be activated
once the
> package is shipped. The price for one bike is $2200 including the shipping charges .We will
deliver
> the bikes by FeDex Express .Delivery takes 2 days.Shipping is done in the
same
> day payment is cleared.
>
> For payment we accept money orders ,personal cheques,wire transfers.
> If you are interested to buy one of our great bikes please email us
a.s.a.p.
> and we will answer you promptly with all the purchase details. Looking forward to hearing from
> you. Best regards

Jesh, if those Nigerians ever get wind of this ...

a.s.b.